The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Dodelijkebig

• Liked: 4 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
quests
« on: January 03, 2016, 10:45:30 am »
I don't know if I am the first one to suggest this or that a lot of people have suggested it and it's getting irritating. But to get to the point maybe it would be nice to add some more quests, for me personal that is one of the most fun things to do. Don't know if it's possible, just an idea  :D

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
Re: quests
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 11:18:37 am »
Quests are one-time features. You complete the quest and then it's all done. Developing quests takes up a lot of time, and kind of isn't worth the time for a one-time feature.

However, with Emps-Script, that was developed a few months ago, making quests is easier.

Even though if you suggest new quests with no plot, then it's not going to help nearly at all. What would be very useful, is suggesting a whole quest plot. This would reduce a lot of valuable time that could be used of developing something much more important.

TL;DR Suggest a quest with a plot.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Dodelijkebig

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 11:35:04 am »

So if I (or other players) come up with what to do during the quests and where the quest is about, you say it is possible to add some quests? Because I can try thinking of something.

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 12:41:08 pm »

So if I (or other players) come up with what to do during the quests and where the quest is about, you say it is possible to add some quests? Because I can try thinking of something.
Well I cannot promise anything, since I'm not one of the developers. But from what I've seen, I think it is possible if the plot is good enough.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 04:12:42 pm »
Quest are fun to do but making up your own custom quest the coding them into the server is a ton of work.

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 07:17:59 pm »
It is doable, especially now i'm helping out and am able to make quests. If we want custom quests however we need a story for it
There's one in the planning for coming january.

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123, Dodelijkebig

Offline Dodelijkebig

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 07:47:47 pm »
There's one in the planning for coming january.
Nice !  :D
I think more quests will really improve the game experience of a lot players.

Offline Revolutions

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 09:53:25 pm »
if Thomy releases Emps-Script to the community and makes a section for Emps-Script and there members can post the code's and info of their quest in a topic and Thomy/High Admin will check the code and approve it and what will get members to create quests? probably a Quest Author forum rank that works by a points system u get points for each quest u wrote that has been approved and the Quest topic's sample could be:

Code: [Select]
Quest Name:
Length:
Difficulty:
NPCS(Ids and names):(example)1_MAN

Upload the quest.emps file here(Includes the dialogues, npc ids, stages etc)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:55:00 pm by Revolutions »
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Kaarel 123
Pages: 1