The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
PvP store
« on: May 18, 2016, 03:12:44 pm »
I suggested this about one and a half year ago so here is my second attempt:

My suggestion is to add a pk point system with cosmetic rewards and/or item rewards.
This way PKing won't die out and people will enjoy PKing more even though they aren't risking that much there is still a reward.
This also opens the wilderness up to people who don't have a lot of items to risk.
An active wilderness creates a stable economy (More demand for food/potions/runes/gear)

Ideas of items in the shop: Wilderness skillcape (bonuses of a regular skillcape), titles (only visible in the wilderness), gem/ore/rune essence bags (this will make skillers get off their ass and try out the wilderness), noted skilling supply rewards, Ring upgrades (berserker ring i/warrior ring i ect.), pets or something idk

(these reward ideas are just suggestions don't base your whole opinion on them if you know something better suggest it yourself)

Now about people boosting, you only gain points from the same player you kill once a day with a minimum combat of (???) so people don't create new accounts and kill them once.
You can't really prevent boosting but nobody cares about people boosting castle wars either so it doesn't really matter.
Making boosting a bannable offense would also be possible.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:56:19 pm by Freestuffyay »

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Fluttershy

• +0/-0
  • Your average clopper.
    • View Profile
Re: PvP store
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 04:00:48 pm »
Sounds like a great idea that won't crash the economy.

Agreed!

Mary

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:10:57 pm »
What would you prefer as main currency?

• Items (cosmetic and/or beneficial pk items) can only be bought with pk points, but this will reduce your pk point score to a minimal of 100. Not really advised since we have a highscores for it. This has pkp as only currency;
  • Cosmetic items that can be claimed for free after a threshold of pk points, they will not consume pk points or any other currency. These are purely for showing off the highest possible pk points you achieved. A special pet for example if you ever went over 1000 points. These items will have to be claimed and will not be given automatically, however you can keep them even if your pk score went way below the value (you won't be able to claim it again if you lose it and you're under the threshold).
  • Cosmetic items that can be bought for a coin fee in addition to the previous;
  • Pk items that can be bought for a coin fee balanced after similar items (e.g. a wilderness cape with skillcape bonuses will have the same coin price as a skillcape)
  • Pk items "" "" read above "" "" but also require a threshold of pk points. (e.g. a wilderness cape can only be bought with the same coin price as a skillcape, but also requires 200 pk points to be unlocked, similar to milestone and max capes). These pk items will only consume the coin fee, and will not consume pkp.

Third currency: PK tokens instead of coins. Can be obtained with every PK kill, much like points. It'll have a different amount than points, to keep them from confusing. The benefit from this is that players cannot just infinitely buy items when their pkp is higher than the threshold for most pk items. The downside is that it is easily confused with pkp and that you can farm it to buy items easier, also why add a third currency when coins could just do fine.

ofcourse it can be a combination of pk and cosmetic items.

suggested items:

pk items (with stats):
wilderness cape (similar to god cape but weaker and overall stats or 3 different capes for attack styles, has a skull on it),
death cape (similar to skillcape),
imbue ring scrolls (so the (i) rings, i like that idea)

cosmetics:
skulls (red white all kinds of color versions)
pet (skull pet, bounches behind u)
death banner
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 04:23:58 pm by Mary »

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 04:16:57 pm »
Sorry.for.dots.but.I.just.had.2

I.personally.think.that.adding.cosmetics.is.a.shit.idea.
You.can.see.time.after.time.that.cosmetics.only.appeal.for.so.long.evenmore.because.by.now.theres.shitloads.of.them.ingame.including.marys.comsetics.

Maybe.titles.would.appeal.to.some.people.but.there.should.be.an.option.to.turn.them.off.from.ingame.settings.

Over.many.months.there.has.been.plenty.of.good.suggestions.from.pkers.to.fill.the.actual.store(rune.pouch.etc).Theres.0.reason.to.replace.good.ideas.with.shitty.cosmetics.

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 04:23:03 pm »
Sorry.for.dots.but.I.just.had.2

I.personally.think.that.adding.cosmetics.is.a.shit.idea.
You.can.see.time.after.time.that.cosmetics.only.appeal.for.so.long.evenmore.because.by.now.theres.shitloads.of.them.ingame.including.marys.comsetics.

Maybe.titles.would.appeal.to.some.people.but.there.should.be.an.option.to.turn.them.off.from.ingame.settings.

Over.many.months.there.has.been.plenty.of.good.suggestions.from.pkers.to.fill.the.actual.store(rune.pouch.etc).Theres.0.reason.to.replace.good.ideas.with.shitty.cosmetics.
Cosmetic items might not appeal to you but they might appeal to a lot of other players, and a mix of both cosmetic items and other special kind of items is a better option then only putting special kind of items in the shop.
it gives players the option to buy what they want and give them more items to pick from.

What would you prefer as main currency?

• Items (cosmetic and/or beneficial pk items) can only be bought with pk points, but this will reduce your pk point score to a minimal of 100. Not really advised since we have a highscores for it. This has pkp as only currency;
  • Cosmetic items that can be claimed for free after a threshold of pk points, they will not consume pk points or any other currency. These are purely for showing off the highest possible pk points you achieved. A special pet for example if you ever went over 1000 points. These items will have to be claimed and will not be given automatically, however you can keep them even if your pk score went way below the value (you won't be able to claim it again if you lose it and you're under the threshold).
  • Cosmetic items that can be bought for a coin fee in addition to the previous;
  • Pk items that can be bought for a coin fee balanced after similar items (e.g. a wilderness cape with skillcape bonuses will have the same coin price as a skillcape)
  • Pk items "" "" read above "" "" but also require a threshold of pk points. (e.g. a wilderness cape can only be bought with the same coin price as a skillcape, but also requires 200 pk points to be unlocked, similar to milestone and max capes). These pk items will only consume the coin fee, and will not consume pkp.

ofcourse it can be a combination of pk and cosmetic items.

suggested items:

pk items (with stats):
wilderness cape (similar to god cape but weaker and overall stats or 3 different capes for attack styles, has a skull on it),
death cape (similar to skillcape),
imbue ring scrolls (so the (i) rings, i like that idea)

cosmetics:
skulls (red white all kinds of color versions)
pet (skull pet, bounches behind u)
death banner
I would say don't use the current pvp points but let them stay as they are for the sake of the hiscores.
Add pkp points which are solely for the pvp store.

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Mary

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 04:26:20 pm »
i dont like the idea of adding skill items to a pk store simply cause they are unrelated

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 04:31:34 pm »
Yes.ofc.it.doesnt.matter.aslong.as.actual.good.rewards.are.prioritized.over.cosmetics.
Its.not.up.to.me.to.say.what.to.add.or.what.someone.should.buy.from.a.store.

Im.just.saying.that.if.this.200th.thread.ends.up.in.a.store.there.should.be.all.the.good.suggestions.in.it.rather.than.focusing.on.cosmetics.too.much.
I.dont.want.it.to.end.up.with.few.cosmetics.made.by.mary.and.bunch.of.useless.other.rewards...My.concern.comes.from.cw.store.where.they.added.bunch.of.useless.capes.to.just.fill.the.store.and.then.did.nothing.to.get.players.to.play.the.minigame.

tldr:If.this.200th.thread.about.same.issue.is.going.to.work.or.be.added.then.let.us.know.and.let.community.gather.all.old/new.good.ideas.to.add.to.the.store.instantly.Dont.go.behind.back.adding.a.store.by.surprise.filled.with.cosmetics.and.leaving.out.other.potential.suggestions.

As.far.as.someone.confirms.that.this.will.be.added.I.dont.even.give.a.fuck.about.suggesting.something.because.this.issue.has.been.pressed.for.months.if.not.a.year.

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 04:35:00 pm »
Yes.ofc.it.doesnt.matter.aslong.as.actual.good.rewards.are.prioritized.over.cosmetics.
Its.not.up.to.me.to.say.what.to.add.or.what.someone.should.buy.from.a.store.

Im.just.saying.that.if.this.200th.thread.ends.up.in.a.store.there.should.be.all.the.good.suggestions.in.it.rather.than.focusing.on.cosmetics.too.much.
I.dont.want.it.to.end.up.with.few.cosmetics.made.by.mary.and.bunch.of.useless.other.rewards...My.concern.comes.from.cw.store.where.they.added.bunch.of.useless.capes.to.just.fill.the.store.and.then.did.nothing.to.get.players.to.play.the.minigame.

tldr:If.this.200th.thread.about.same.issue.is.going.to.work.or.be.added.then.let.us.know.and.let.community.gather.all.old/new.good.ideas.to.add.to.the.store.instantly.Dont.go.behind.back.adding.a.store.by.surprise.filled.with.cosmetics.and.leaving.out.other.potential.suggestions.

As.far.as.someone.confirms.that.this.will.be.added.I.dont.even.give.a.fuck.about.suggesting.something.because.this.issue.has.been.pressed.for.months.if.not.a.year.
well the solution about that is to spam it so that thomy knows we want it to happen

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 04:57:39 pm »
Edgeville teleports pls

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 04:58:55 pm »
Edgeville teleports pls
good call

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Mary

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 05:04:19 pm »
Edgeville teleports pls
almost forgot: yes

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 06:31:29 pm »
Cosmetics are fine to me, but they're a one time purchase. Not a fan of skilling item bags/flat skilling items, these will mostly cause people to boost. Imbued rings are fine with me, as long as they're sinked properly. I would prefer them to be in a minigame, or we could have both. I do have some ideas for rewards.

Teleports to wilderness locations - Edge teles are a perfect fit, the teleports that go to the wildy in the ancient/lunar spellbook could be added too.
Looting bag & rune pouch - Osrs balanced these items really well, they're perfect for the pkp store.

Skillers may try out pking once they have a friendly environment to do that in. Bad pkers or unexperienced pkers don't exactly get the nicest treatment, hell, people don't get the nicest treatment in wilderness in general.

As far as ring upgrading goes, everything that goes into the imbued ring should have a possible sink. It might be interesting to have the ring turn into something else depending on how you die with it. If you die with it in PvM, the ring is lost, if you die with it in PvP, the scroll is lost. I'd also somehow like to involve ring of stone, maybe require one to purchase a scroll or something.

Here's an interesting idea: Bounty. Let's say the currency for the pkp shop would be blood money because we're not already copying rs. You would be able to place a bounty on someone. If that someone gets killed, the killer recieves that bounty or a part of it. If you placed a bounty on someone and he gets killed you get a message saying who killed him, if you're offline at the time it will appear upon login. A board at edgeville should display all current bounties and total bounties (total amount of bounty that has been placed on you).

It may reduce the amount of toxicity in the wilderness as well. Angry at someone? Place a bounty on them. Someone killed you? Place a bounty on them. Someone backstabs you in multi? Place a bounty on them. You'll get the satisfaction knowing that someone kill them for you.

Cash bounties may also be a thing, but I'd prefer them to be pk store currency only.
You can't really prevent boosting but nobody cares about people boosting castle wars either so it doesn't really matter.
Making boosting a bannable offense would also be possible.
Boosting castle wars is of very little significance since there is already a very large amount of every reward ingame and they are by no means worth the time it takes to get them. Boosting defeats the purpose of having the pkp shop, which is getting more people to pk. That holds a lot of significance when we're talking about adding something new. If, instead of getting new people to pk more, it just turns out to be a method of giving the current pkers free shit then I don't think it's worth the time.

Making it a bannable offense doesn't solve any problems and will only cause frustration.
;

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 06:35:59 pm »
Here's an interesting idea: Bounty. Let's say the currency for the pkp shop would be blood money because we're not already copying rs. You would be able to place a bounty on someone. If that someone gets killed, the killer recieves that bounty or a part of it. If you placed a bounty on someone and he gets killed you get a message saying who killed him, if you're offline at the time it will appear upon login. A board at edgeville should display all current bounties and total bounties (total amount of bounty that has been placed on you).

It may reduce the amount of toxicity in the wilderness as well. Angry at someone? Place a bounty on them. Someone killed you? Place a bounty on them. Someone backstabs you in multi? Place a bounty on them. You'll get the satisfaction knowing that someone kill them for you.

Cash bounties may also be a thing, but I'd prefer them to be pk store currency only.
This will only increase toxicity because it's pussy behaviour, if you want revenge on someone kill them yourself.

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 08:54:38 pm »
-
Rune pouch isn't balanced at all. When we eventually get to the point where one has to rely on his food to tank a tb/escape (*cough* wilderness gwd shortcut *cough*) it will make it way too easy considering we already have super combat potions.

Offline Pkmyzelf3

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
  • yooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 10:13:18 pm »
This is probably the best idea I have read in awhile. Make pvp great again!

Kaute being Kaute
Pages: 1 2 3