The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
Protection prayer/Slayer system
« on: December 03, 2015, 10:37:31 am »
Hey everyone,

So, lately, I've been in wilderness many many times, in particular, I was killing spectrals, doing task, not wanting those ancient armour, only for exp... And after so many trips, I thought, it seems like protection prayers are becoming almost completely useless against pkers. For example, I took mage pker. Pure gear (infinity set, master wand, mages book, obsidian cape.) nothing too spectacular, yet through prayer he hits inhuman hits, like 30 - 40, with minimal effort. Maybe, we should remove prayers after all, so PvM also would be harder to do? Or would you rather go with ancient prayers, new prayers ing, which probably is not needed anyways, that might help against this problem?
I suggested this, because, spectrals are becoming somewhat too often as task, at least for me, from duradel, cancelling it costs 1000 slayer points or going to chaeldar, which gives crappy task with almost ten times less exp, then duradel. Maybe, create new slayer master who gives boss and advanced wildreness monsters task only? Kuradal, seems fine. Also, I saw Charr was making Slayer overhaul suggestion, pretty love to bring it up here. I would love to also suggest extra dungeon for pure slayer training. Only slayer monsters there only.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Protection prayer/Slayer system
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 10:44:30 am »
What you're saying is that all this should be added because YOU suck at the game? Yeah, no.

If you're a pure with 1 defense, of course people are going to hit on you. YOU choose to handicap YOURSELF by not training it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:46:11 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 11:46:35 am »
All protection prayers reduce the hit max from the correct combat style from 100% to 40% effectively in PvP. I doubt this would be considered very weak...

For npcs it's different. Every npc bears a tag that determines if a protection prayer fully negates all damage from that style, and if this tag is negative then the protection prayer will reduce the max hit of that style by half, but this max hit cannot be reduced lower than 25
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:40:34 pm by Mod Mary »

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:36 pm »
Okay this seriously needs to stop.

Lately I've been seeing more and more topics about pures needing this or that. It seems people have lost the general idea of what a pure account is for, which is pking. Pures are generally a thing because they are very effective for pking at their low combat level. They will struggle at literally anything else in the game. Slayer, bossing, killing spectrals, you name it. You are limiting yourself on purpose when you do stuff on a pure, the game should NOT be designed around them. Protection prayers are fine, you're getting hit so much because you don't have any defence levels. Try fighting back, you'll have a lot more of a chance to get away then.

A dungeon for pures only? So that we actually reward people that limit what they can do in the game? No thank you, there aren't enough pures that do slayer for that. Slayer isn't meant for pures.

Both cancelling and getting an easy task are methods of getting another task that are absolutely fine as they are. You get more slayer points than you'll ever need after you're done buying items from the shop.

No thank you.
;

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 04:31:43 pm »
Removing protection prayers from the game? You have got to be kidding, right? Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't spectrals suppose to hit higher on you when you use prayer against them?

This suggestion is pointless, no one is going to like it besides pures. The reason you struggle so much, like Charr said, is because you have no defense level which allows you to wear armor that is going to protect you... Spectrals still aren't an easy monster to kill with a maxed account, which means they most certainly are not one for a pure account.

Completely disagree with this 100%, no thank you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:36:08 pm by Callmedragon »
The following users liked this post: R I P

Offline Ironman Tim

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
  • Main: TomTim1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 04:37:18 pm »
Goodluck at Kree' Arra, Smoke Demon Champion and many other bosses then  ;)

Player Moderator since the 10th of November 2015

Nothing again since the 14th of March 2016

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 11:15:53 pm »
Okay this seriously needs to stop.

Lately I've been seeing more and more topics about pures needing this or that. It seems people have lost the general idea of what a pure account is for, which is pking. Pures are generally a thing because they are very effective for pking at their low combat level. They will struggle at literally anything else in the game. Slayer, bossing, killing spectrals, you name it. You are limiting yourself on purpose when you do stuff on a pure, the game should NOT be designed around them. Protection prayers are fine, you're getting hit so much because you don't have any defence levels. Try fighting back, you'll have a lot more of a chance to get away then.

A dungeon for pures only? So that we actually reward people that limit what they can do in the game? No thank you, there aren't enough pures that do slayer for that. Slayer isn't meant for pures.

Both cancelling and getting an easy task are methods of getting another task that are absolutely fine as they are. You get more slayer points than you'll ever need after you're done buying items from the shop.

No thank you.

When I said pure gear, I was reffering to pkers who attacked me, they're Mains. Not pures. They're only in gear, that fits pures as well. That is exactly, why this game started to suck, even when I came back, thought I could offer some probably great ideas for game, maybe in addition do some programming or anything that could be useful for game. Now, I see, it's pointless. There is like 50 views on this suggestion, probably more than half sees this as complain about being pked all the time, and not letting me do the task normally. Well, I am asking one more time. Nicely. HOW in the world, you achieve something like, more exp/hour, and I'm not talking about those ancient armour anymore, useless, because it degrades, when there is always pker luring around the spectral area, waiting for you to use up your prayer/super restore potions and get you smited for salve and crystal bow maybe, I don't know... What's the point in killing wealthless people, if points from PvP are pointless as well? PK server much? Osrs offers Deadman Mode, there you can have fun. Although, struggle in the beginning is real. :) Trust me. 60 lvl rangers specs you after you come in not guarded zone. One hit death. Just like in Emps-World, just through protection prayers. At spectrals area. Everytime I log in. No matter which time. Night or Day. 2 players or 16 players. Yet still. I found myself being killed there. :)

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 11:24:06 pm »
As all this post goes, read twice the thread before commenting around here junk stuff. Even Charr, the greatest Slayer Master around in Emps-World, couldn't understood a word I wrote. Not even got an Idea what is all about. There was NOT A SINGLE THING which concludes pures here.

Pure gear for mains <-- pkers that attacked me 124 - 126 lvl combat

Pure Slayer training <-- Slayer Monster-only dungeon.

Get it? :o  ;D ;D

Pures no where to be found, unless you want to talk about stuff like pures luring mains to me at spectrals, then they are on this post. Otherwise, no point in including them here.

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 11:28:52 pm »
All protection prayers reduce the hit max from the correct combat style from 100% to 40% effectively in PvP. I doubt this would be considered very weak...

For npcs it's different. Every npc bears a tag that determines if a protection prayer fully negates all damage from that style, and if this tag is negative then the protection prayer will reduce the max hit of that style by half, but this max hit cannot be reduced lower than 25
Then How in the world, I take new example for you, ranger, in good main gear, with Hunter crossbow, SSS, and onyx bolts (e) hits easily 65 - 70 through prayers? They don't prevent damage, and neither do they reduce it.

Offline Triangle Dot

• +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 11:29:43 pm »
What you're saying is that all this should be added because YOU suck at the game? Yeah, no.

If you're a pure with 1 defense, of course people are going to hit on you. YOU choose to handicap YOURSELF by not training it.
Maybe I suck at playing in Emps-World, but you suck as well at reading and understanding what I wrote. :)

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 12:04:30 am »
When I said pure gear, I was reffering to pkers who attacked me, they're Mains. Not pures. They're only in gear, that fits pures as well. That is exactly, why this game started to suck, even when I came back, thought I could offer some probably great ideas for game, maybe in addition do some programming or anything that could be useful for game. Now, I see, it's pointless. There is like 50 views on this suggestion, probably more than half sees this as complain about being pked all the time, and not letting me do the task normally. Well, I am asking one more time. Nicely. HOW in the world, you achieve something like, more exp/hour, and I'm not talking about those ancient armour anymore, useless, because it degrades, when there is always pker luring around the spectral area, waiting for you to use up your prayer/super restore potions and get you smited for salve and crystal bow maybe, I don't know... What's the point in killing wealthless people, if points from PvP are pointless as well? PK server much? Osrs offers Deadman Mode, there you can have fun. Although, struggle in the beginning is real. :) Trust me. 60 lvl rangers specs you after you come in not guarded zone. One hit death. Just like in Emps-World, just through protection prayers. At spectrals area. Everytime I log in. No matter which time. Night or Day. 2 players or 16 players. Yet still. I found myself being killed there. :)
My apologies, I should have looked at the highscores. Regardless of that, this 'pure gear' offers decent offense bonuses and bad defense bonuses. If you are just running away you will take a lot of damage. If you attack back your attacker will have to spend time eating instead of doing damage.

50 views is quite an okay number. Keep in mind not everyone ingame uses the forums. And even less people read every suggestion.

I do hope you are aware that you are in the wilderness whenever you do a spectral task. People are allowed to kill you, no matter what you wear. And they probably will even if you aren't wearing any good loot. That is the nature of pkers, it's always been like that. The entire point of spectrals being in the wilderness if so that people can fight over the resources you can get from there. Even if you aren't wearing bank, someone can't predict if you haven't had any good loots. They kill you because you might have gotten a decent drop at spectrals.

I understand it is frustrating to have to cancel your task if you don't want it but that's the way it is. More often than enough I have to put a whole 5000 slayer points into getting a task I like.

People will assume you're just complaining about being killed while doing your task because that's the exact way you've put your suggestion into words. I understand that english may not be your first language, but that's what happened. The way you've written your suggestion is the exact reason why people think you're complaining.
As all this post goes, read twice the thread before commenting around here junk stuff. Even Charr, the greatest Slayer Master around in Emps-World, couldn't understood a word I wrote. Not even got an Idea what is all about. There was NOT A SINGLE THING which concludes pures here.

Pures no where to be found, unless you want to talk about stuff like pures luring mains to me at spectrals, then they are on this post. Otherwise, no point in including them here.
Pure gear has somewhat strong offensive bonuses, it will still hit quite hard even with prayer on. Prayer is not supposed to completely nullify the damage someone is doing to you. Mains will be doing similar damage to pures while wearing their armours, there's no imbalance there.

As far as not understanding a word you wrote goes, you completely ignored what I said about this whole pures only slayer dungeon. Pures should either be training their stats or pking. Which is where you'll most commonly find them, training areas like giants or at edgeville.

Please do not lash out at others for not understanding what you wrote, instead of that try to make them understand your point.

Also, if you're replying to people, put everything into one post. Double posting is against the rules.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:06:04 am by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 11:04:39 am »
40 through protect from mage are you mental
The following users liked this post: 3st Ranger X

Offline En3mey

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ex-Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 01:58:31 pm »
About the Slayer Tasks as you said it's kinda hard to do while players hunt some in Wilderness, it's really good as it is set at this moment because if you're heading to the hard tasks for sure it's going to be somehow in wilderness, also if you're looking for a task which is not in wilderness you can talk to Mazchna or a lower one for good tasks.
That was just my opinion, I disagree to your suggestion.
I sell Graphics

Offline Superkettu1

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 03:11:58 pm »

Then How in the world, I take new example for you, ranger, in good main gear, with Hunter crossbow, SSS, and onyx bolts (e) hits easily 65 - 70 through prayers? They don't prevent damage, and neither do they reduce it.

First of all you can barely hit 30 through mage protection with maxed magic gear.

Also you asked why people kill non riskers in wild... Just because there is no RISKERS in wild so they are bored and kill everything they can find..

And the reason why you are able to pull that 55-60 hit through prayer with d bolts (e) is that range protection dont block the special effect of bolts which can hit pretty high..
and yeah.. i disagree with everything :D

Offline Ironman Tim

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
  • Main: TomTim1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »

Nice19 is the greatest Slayer Master by far  ;D

Player Moderator since the 10th of November 2015

Nothing again since the 14th of March 2016
Pages: 1 2