The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Prestige
« on: September 14, 2018, 06:11:11 am »
Prestige System
-   Implement 4 prestige levels (prestige, master prestige, Ironman prestige, and ironman master prestige)
-   Once a player achieves 99 in all skills, they can speak to an npc to reset them all to 1 and grant them prestige for the first time and master prestige for the second time around.
-   Prestige mode would be a toggable option, this way if someone wants to go bossing he can turn off prestige mode and have all his skills go back to normal. Once prestige mode is toggled back on, the player resumes training where he left off.
-   Prestige mode can have its own high scores, would only be fair for the players that already have most of their skills trained to 250m experience.
-   Add icons for Prestige and Master Prestige for both normal and ironman accounts.

Pros
-   We can add exclusive bosses/areas for players that obtain this rank.
-   Motivates players to keep training and play the game once they max their account.
-   Not much players care about achieving 250m experience, but with this system, players will be hyped to train so they can enter these exclusive areas/bosses and obtain exclusive items for their rank.
-   Exclusive armor/weapons that can only be worn by players that obtained a certain prestige level.
-   Ironman and normal accounts will be able to use this system.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:14:40 am by Jhonson101 »
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Prestige
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:37:35 am »
There's a few things that argue against each other here. Let me point them out:
Prestige mode can have its own high scores, would only be fair for the players that already have most of their skills trained to 250m experience.
Vs.
We can add exclusive bosses/areas for players that obtain this rank.
Exclusive armor/weapons that can only be worn by players that obtained a certain prestige level.
You're essentially taking away content/limiting content from a huge majority. They would never see those areas or wear them armor etc...

And:
Prestige mode would be a toggable option, this way if someone wants to go bossing he can turn off prestige mode and have all his skills go back to normal. Once prestige mode is toggled back on, the player resumes training where he left off.
Vs.
Turns off the whole prestige thing to go bossing but there are bosses and possibly an area with boss that's unique to this rank...? These points and their set pros fight against each other a lot.

This on its own also limits the content away from a lot of players:
Not much players care about achieving 250m experience, but with this system, players will be hyped to train so they can enter these exclusive areas/bosses and obtain exclusive items for their rank.

Are players happy to train for the sake of grinding? Or for the sake of achieving something...? When a player maxes out I highly doubt their first option will be 'Oh I go reset my stats!'
I'm like at the most negative end of spectrum when it comes to prestige systems, I dislike it so much, doesn't matter how it's worked out.

On Call of Duty it's a completely different thing.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:51:07 am by Jp »

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 07:46:22 am »
I actually like this idea,
eventho I am not kind of a person who would really spend a lot of time training again as such thing might take me another year or 2
however I find it great to add some places that actually worth the time people will be spending getting this.
I am against having the ability to turn it off, once you reset your skills you're starting all over again with your bank Imo this will make it worth doing.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Rotanas

• Liked: 279 times
  • +0/-0
  • rotanas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 12:38:41 pm »
well i would play prestige. if that xp gainz will add up to normal mode xp later.
but i have 3 skills 250m, that would be huge time waste to get 3 times 99 on skills i dont want to.

otherwise 3 times to get all skills 99 just for a rank and cauple exclusive bossing areas ? nah dude, get out of here.
for example that prestige would took me 13 months. instead of that i cud get, from 2b xp to 2,6b xp playng normaly.

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 06:24:56 pm »
There's a few things that argue against each other here. Let me point them out:
Prestige mode can have its own high scores, would only be fair for the players that already have most of their skills trained to 250m experience.
Vs.
Exclusive armor/weapons that can only be worn by players that obtained a certain prestige level.
You're essentially taking away content/limiting content from a huge majority. They would never see those areas or wear them armor etc...

Isn't that like the whole point, players that train and put more effort into the game will achieve more than others that don't put the same amount of effort. I'm not sure why you say 'never see those areas/wear armor, etc...' people that really want to get access to these areas should train. It's like saying players will never obtain a 200m skill max cape because they're too lazy to train, it's the same thing.

Prestige mode would be a toggable option, this way if someone wants to go bossing he can turn off prestige mode and have all his skills go back to normal. Once prestige mode is toggled back on, the player resumes training where he left off.
Vs.
Turns off the whole prestige thing to go bossing but there are bosses and possibly an area with boss that's unique to this rank...? These points and their set pros fight against each other a lot.

Not sure how these fight against each other... in order to enter prestige areas you must toggle on prestige mode. When i say to go bossing i'm talking about other bosses, not the ones found in prestige areas. Players that have the rank must toggle on prestige mode to enter prestige exclusive areas.

Not much players care about achieving 250m experience, but with this system, players will be hyped to train so they can enter these exclusive areas/bosses and obtain exclusive items for their rank.

Are players happy to train for the sake of grinding? Or for the sake of achieving something...? When a player maxes out I highly doubt their first option will be 'Oh I go reset my stats!'
I'm like at the most negative end of spectrum when it comes to prestige systems, I dislike it so much, doesn't matter how it's worked out.
I don't think anyone trains for the grind, they train to achieve something only few players can achieve. With this prestige system only the really dedicated players would be able to achieve such ranks, this isn't meant for everyone to achieve (lazy/unmotivated players) and there is a big reward for achieving such a rank otherwise there's really no point of going prestige if all you get is a cape and a pat on the back.

I actually like this idea,
eventho I am not kind of a person who would really spend a lot of time training again as such thing might take me another year or 2
however I find it great to add some places that actually worth the time people will be spending getting this.
I am against having the ability to turn it off, once you reset your skills you're starting all over again with your bank Imo this will make it worth doing.
The ability to turn it off is for the players that want to go bossing after having their skills reset. That way they can train their skills and also have fun when they get tired/bored of training in prestige mode or want to join their friends. I think this way would be better to attract more players to train prestige, not much people really like the fact of resetting their skills, but with a toggle off option they won't have to think twice about it.

well i would play prestige. if that xp gainz will add up to normal mode xp later.
but i have 3 skills 250m, that would be huge time waste to get 3 times 99 on skills i dont want to.

otherwise 3 times to get all skills 99 just for a rank and cauple exclusive bossing areas ? nah dude, get out of here.
for example that prestige would took me 13 months. instead of that i cud get, from 2b xp to 2,6b xp playng normaly.
This is totally optional, you're not forced to train in prestige mode. The experience gained in prestige mode will not add up to your total experience, like i said this should have it's own high scores for obvious reasons.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 07:00:32 pm »
What I mean by your points fighting against pros you mentioned is that they're essentially crossing each other out.

For example look at this:
Okay, player turns off prestige mode because he wants to go bossing. Now look at the pros you mentioned:
So a player would have to turn off prestige mode to go to a boss that's meant for prestige people only...? = He can't access it. wat

Limited areas and bosses were removed from membership benefits because limiting content behind a paywall is honestly just so demotivating. Having to max and then reset just to access an area/boss is even a bigger kick to the balls.

If any form of prestige mode was added it should be 100% optional meaning you will reset absolutely everything excluding bank with no chance of going back and only reward you would have is separate hiscores and in-game icon.
Limiting content or adding more "mandatory" content behind something like this is just so stupid and/or waste of dev time in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:05:31 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:45:32 pm »
What I mean by your points fighting against pros you mentioned is that they're essentially crossing each other out.

For example look at this:
Okay, player turns off prestige mode because he wants to go bossing. Now look at the pros you mentioned:
So a player would have to turn off prestige mode to go to a boss that's meant for prestige people only...? = He can't access it. wat

Limited areas and bosses were removed from membership benefits because limiting content behind a paywall is honestly just so demotivating. Having to max and then reset just to access an area/boss is even a bigger kick to the balls.

If any form of prestige mode was added it should be 100% optional meaning you will reset absolutely everything excluding bank with no chance of going back and only reward you would have is separate hiscores and in-game icon.
Limiting content or adding more "mandatory" content behind something like this is just so stupid and/or waste of dev time in my opinion.

You don't seem to understand what i'm saying... yes, i'm suggesting new bosses for prestige players. If by any chance a player decides to enable prestige mode and resets his skills he won't be able to fight bosses with all his skills reset to 1. The solution to this is make it toggle off so they can go bossing but not the ones for prestige players because they won't have access to that unless they achieve the prestige rank. Now, in order to enter the exclusive areas/bosses a player must toggle on prestige mode and have the prestige rank in order to have access to it for prestige areas only. So, the answer to your question is no, turning off prestige mode does not give you access to prestige exclusive areas/bosses.

Removing the area/skill restriction from membership makes sense, this isn't rs where most of the things are not accessible unless you pay for it. This is like a reward for players that put the time and effort into the game to reach such rank, we can think about something else to reward them, that's not important at this very moment. My main suggestion is to implement a prestige system, but giving players a simple rank/cape isn't going to be really that motivating imo.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 08:00:08 pm »
Okay I understand that now better after you explained it.

But this thing I still do not understand:
This is totally optional, you're not forced to train in prestige mode.
Okay so it's optional but at the same time you're representing it should reward you with exclusive armor, weapons, areas and bosses. If it was optional it should offer you zero benefits.
Only thing it should give as a 'reward' is the in-game icon(s) and separate hiscores. That way you're not forced to use prestige mode if you don't want to. Giving it beneficial rewards that give you advantage over others makes it forced, not optional.

Look at ironman mode, that's completely optional part of the game and it doesn't offer you anything except an icon and separate hiscores.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:09:45 pm by Jp »
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 08:11:38 pm »
Okay I understand that now better after you explained it.

But this thing I still do not understand:
This is totally optional, you're not forced to train in prestige mode.
Okay so it's optional but at the same time you're representing it should reward you with exclusive armor, weapons, areas and bosses. If it was optional it should offer you zero benefits.
Only thing it should give as a 'reward' is the in-game icon(s) and separate hiscores. That way you're not forced to use prestige mode if you don't want to. Giving it beneficial rewards that give you advantage over others makes it forced, not optional. Look at ironman mode, that's completely optional part of the game and it doesn't offer you anything except an icon and separate hiscores.
Its still going to take a very long time to achieve, I do think rewarding players with exclusive items/areas/bosses makes sense to me. its not really that simple to max your account 2-3 times. The reward can be discussed after we implement this system, haven't put much thought into it.

Offline Martin

• Liked: 1048 times
  • +0/-0
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 09:17:19 am »
This is like a discussion between jp and jhonson lol.

Anyway, why do we need that? Get max xp in each skill before you try to achieve something else. This game needs to focus on improving the current game content and making it more attractive to new players and at the same time increase activity in the wilderness, we have tons of shit to grind for, nex sets, demon bosses, 250m xps, we shouldn't waste time thinking out new ideas like these and discussing them while there are more important matters at hand. I get that there are millions of ideas that would be very nice to have, but there is one Thomy and when it comes to updates things like that have to be strictly prioritized.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:22:21 am by Martin »

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Jhonson

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 09:28:30 am »

Anyway, why do we need that? Get max xp in each skill before you try to achieve something else. This game needs to focus on improving the current game content and making it more attractive to new players and at the same time increase activity in the wilderness, we have tons of shit to grind for, nex sets, demon bosses, 250m xps, we shouldn't waste time thinking out new ideas like these and discussing them while there are more important matters at hand. I get that there are millions of ideas that would be very nice to have, but there is one Thomy and when it comes to updates things like that have to be strictly prioritized.
I absolutely agree that there are more important things that need to be worked on, I figured to just share my idea, not expecting it to be implemented any time soon.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 01:53:56 pm »

Ye there's like barely anyone who would actually care or benefit about this. The more focus we put into endless grinding, the less content casual players, that we seriously need to attract more of, are getting. Sure we can focus on those 5 players who give a shit about this but ultimately those 5 players are the only people left playing the game.
Pages: 1