The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Red Bar Pk

• Liked: 17 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Nicknames
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 10:08:49 pm »
You have to own both of the accounts though.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3229 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 10:27:53 pm »
Could be used to impersonate, even if the original username is shown. No thank you.
m8 did you even read farther than 2 sentences?
you can change the way their name is displayed on your screen.

I don't think adding nicknames would be 'efficient' coding wise and the time could be spent elsewhere, it's just one of those qol updates. Kind of meh update in my eyes.
Name changing should be available soon(?) anyway.
Name changing could also be added in. I just wish there was a way to rename the way someone else's username appears to your account only without it looking like an impersonator.
Pretty sure you can request your name to be changed via donating and talking to Mary. Unless that has changed.
No longer the case.
;

Mary

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 10:38:00 pm »
There's an official name changing system in the works, however I cannot say much about it and if/when it is going to be done.
The following users liked this post: Tgod Bro

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 656 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »
There's an official name changing system in the works, however I cannot say much about it and if/when it is going to be done.
At least it is in the works. Could be a big improvement!
The following users liked this post: Selene Gomez

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 09:39:10 am »

That's what you said over 6 months ago.
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Callmedragon, Tgod Bro

Mary

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 12:49:30 pm »

*looks at Thomy*
stfu i'm not responsible lol
The following users liked this post: Suryoyo K0

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 01:25:36 pm »

*looks at Thomy*
stfu i'm not responsible lol

But you're the one trying to "hype" those things up. Thomy only shows us leeks of upcoming content if it's only one or a couple of patches away from release. Building hype months in advance will just result into more negative reception from the players, due to disappointment.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:28:30 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline En3mey

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ex-Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »
This is a great idea, i agree but what if they also add titles? xD like Newbie ... Master, etc..
I sell Graphics

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 06:06:39 pm »
This is a great idea, i agree but what if they also add titles? xD like Newbie ... Master, etc..
That is something else to think about. I think adding in titles would be cool. Some custom titles would make this game even more interesting.
The following users liked this post: En3mey, Selene Gomez

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 06:28:16 pm »
why not...why the hell not...
agree.
The following users liked this post: Callmedragon

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 10:02:44 pm »
That is something else to think about. I think adding in titles would be cool. Some custom titles would make this game even more interesting.

Let's add all the stuff that other private servers already have...

Ontopic: I can't see the real need of this, this would just be some useless time investment. Thomy could better code other stuff instead of this.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 10:18:54 am »

Runescape is a private server? Okay. It's not like this whole game is based on it.

Offline Beershake

• +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 03:33:41 pm »

Runescape is a private server? Okay. It's not like this whole game is based on it.

I mean that many other private servers do already have titles, and I think it looks like unnecessary option

Offline Callmedragon

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 03:43:51 pm »

I mean that many other private servers do already have titles, and I think it looks like unnecessary option
Not every suggestion needs to carry something new to the game that another RSPS doesn't have. Sometimes people like the titles, it could bring more players. Emps-world doesn't have to be indifferent to all other servers is what I am trying to say.
The following users liked this post: Selene Gomez

Offline Beershake

• +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 04:47:18 pm »

Not every suggestion needs to carry something new to the game that another RSPS doesn't have. Sometimes people like the titles, it could bring more players. Emps-world doesn't have to be indifferent to all other servers is what I am trying to say.

I agree with you, but I want to say that uniqueness is something that you can't copy. Thomy could take time on improving features we already have instead of adding new stuff, that would make this server more unique, in my opinion.
Pages: 1 2