The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
New world event - Wilderness Raids
« on: April 02, 2018, 07:04:33 am »
Wilderness raids would be a new world event (similar to Kolodion & stars) that take place in wilderness as the name suggests.
This would occur once every 2 hours. These raids would appear in certain castle/fortress alike areas which are Dark Knight's fortress, Bandit camp, Rogue's castle and Lava maze. Only 1 location at a time which is random.

Wilderness raid would consist of ~10 NPCs with similar AI as Thomy NPC. These would be custom NPCs with actual gear from the game, attack you back and be aggresive, eat food.

Their combat level and gear would vary randomly from what level 80s would wear and what would a level 126 player wear.
OR
Combat level and gear of these raid NPCs would depend on the location where the raid appeared. Low level wilderness (Black Knight's fortress, Bandit camp) would have lower level ones while Rogue's castle and Lava maze would have higher level ones with better gear due to their location.

How rewards would work is they would drop wilderness keys (higher level the npc -> higher drop chance of wilderness key) and you would use these keys to a chest to claim your loot.
As for the location and rewards I do not really have anything to suggest. Location however could be along with the raid areas. A new chest would be added to all 4 locations or just 1 chest added to Edgeville you use to claim loot.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Drugs, Crusher123, Jhonson, Blue Bird

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New world event - Wilderness Raids
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 07:57:14 am »
I'd like to see this in-game since it'd attract more people into the wilderness and new content is always a nice addition.

However, the dev time required for it and the fact that it'll be dead content in a week or two (since I assume it'd be a group activity like Nex and the demon bosses, and the only thing keeping them alive is slayer) I don't think it's worth being put in the game.

TL;DR I'm feeling so/so on it.

Offline Blakpn0y

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
  • Call me now for your free whipping.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 09:57:41 am »
Teams/Friends that tag along in groups will destroy this fun and in the end turn wilderness empty again. No thanks.

Also, what is loot from wilderness keys? Anything special? Not quite done with topic. So far, disagree.

The world will have to deal with us.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 11:04:19 am »
I'd like to see this in-game since it'd attract more people into the wilderness and new content is always a nice addition.

However, the dev time required for it and the fact that it'll be dead content in a week or two (since I assume it'd be a group activity like Nex and the demon bosses, and the only thing keeping them alive is slayer) I don't think it's worth being put in the game.

TL;DR I'm feeling so/so on it.
I don't think it'd be much dev time wise since there's already a system developed for world events such as Kolodion and shooting stars but that's not really the point when doing suggestions. It's what updates would fit the game is the question. Or come handy, I think you got my point.

As for is it solo or group content you could ask yourself are Kolodion and shooting stars group content? Yes and no. You will finish both of those much faster with other players but they're possible as a solo player it just takes more time. Shooting stars case it's probably worse to have multiple players. You would also be able to do these raids solo but there's the same factors and dangers what Kolodion has, PKers, other players/allies and the time it takes to complete a raid.

Also, what is loot from wilderness keys? Anything special? Not quite done with topic. So far, disagree.
I don't know if you read the whole topic but the very last row I stated I do not have any reward suggestions. Suggesting rewards is pretty pointless as well when thinking of concepts and possible ideas, rewards are always added last no matter what. It just takes away the time from the actual content part.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 03:27:23 pm »
The deeper you have to go, the harder the npc you'll facing ( 10 of them if you're alone since you mentioned its aggressive ) and the harder it is to escape pkers.
with a ' Chance ' on getting a key that opens a chest to get a reward you didn't mention.

I really like the idea of having such events, however when it comes to wilderness Idk
I don't know what the reward could be to make someone risk a decent set for it.

afterall I believe this kind of events is more like giving something new to pkers to do since ( kolodion or any other boss at wilderness atm can be killed using black d'hide set and addy arrows so its not worth killing any pvmers there )

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 03:39:12 pm »
-
Chance to get a key from deep wilderness like Rogue's castle could be fairly high. Maybe 100% drop since it's fairly hard to escape especially if you're teleblocked.

I thought of the rewards a bit and I think having quite hefty rewards would be appropriate since the content is in wilderness.
You would still get those keys by killing the NPCs and maybe some un-noted supplies like cooked food and potions as secondary drop.
Those keys can then be exchanged at Edgeville for either cash reward, xp lamp(s) or item reward. You would have three choices.  There could even be a fourth option and you could gamble the key to try get some extra rare item whether that's just a cosmetic rare or actually an item with proper use. If you fail you would get nothing.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:33:33 pm »
Teams/Friends that tag along in groups will destroy this fun and in the end turn wilderness empty again. No thanks.

If it's dead, that would mean it would be the free'est rewards ever tho ???

Offline Blue Bird

• Liked: 464 times
  • +0/-0
  • Navy Seals - Fuck With The Best Die Like The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 11:50:46 pm »
wildy is dead so this suggestion can make it effective again, me likey.

Emps-World Player Moderator since the 3rd of November 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator since the 19th of December 2015

Resigned june 18th, 2016.

Maxed

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 06:53:35 am »
wildy is dead so this suggestion can make it effective again, me likey.

I can't understand yet how following a dude who is there to pvm and not attacking back is gonna bring life to wilderness again
how is that even fun

PVP,  this refers to Player versus Player, where two people play against each other
Player(s) versus player(s), better known as PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer-controlled opponents and/or players

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Blakpn0y

Offline Blakpn0y

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
  • Call me now for your free whipping.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 04:39:43 pm »

If it's dead, that would mean it would be the free'est rewards ever tho ???
What rewards?

The world will have to deal with us.
Pages: 1