The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Monthly Competitive Leaderboard
« on: May 19, 2017, 03:51:38 pm »
Hey, What's up guys. I've been thinking about this and I'm just going to throw this concept out there and let me know what you think about it...

I think it would be pretty cool to have a separate leaderboard for a monthly competition. I'm going to try to explain it as simple as possible, but you guys can add stuff to this suggestion to increase the competitiveness of this idea. So, what I mean is have a monthly competition where players will have to grind for days/weeks to win. This leaderboard will add all the experience gained throughout the month and who ever has the most experience wins a prize. We can also give them the title "Player of the Month" and maybe give them an untradebale item that they can show off for their hard work. I would also like a tab to be added in the highscores section that reads "Competitive Leaderboard" which shows you a list of members and how much experience they have during the month only. Once the month is over and the player is rewarded, the leaderboard will reset and the race to #1 starts all over again. I believe this will give players motivation to come online and try to place first in. Obviously the reward needs to be something good, something like a trophy (That can be worn) to show off to other players. This can also motivate other players to start grinding and put an effort into playing the game than just to sit in grand exchange and do absolutely nothing.

I would love to hear your thoughts/ideas on how we can implement this and what can Thomy do to make this as competitive as possible. Also, this will not effect the current high scores, this will be on a separate leaderboard.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Competitive Leaderboard
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:41:34 pm »
As much as I would like this I can't see myself trying to compete on my main account. I would have far better of a shot at winning if I were to make an entirely new account and just went for 250m in all combat stats. Buyable skills are also a lot faster exp per hour than non-buyables. Balancing it is really difficult, I think we'd find more people trying to abuse the system to get the reward than people that are actually training for the sake of training.

I also find that entering the "competition" aka the front page of highscores really isn't as difficult as it may seem. You currently only need to be maxed and have 1.1b exp to get on the front page. Getting maxed and getting to exp cap in a few combat skills would get you there, which is something that can be done in a month or two.

Without rewards it would work fine, with them it would need balancing.

How about killcount highscores for certain monsters/bosses?
;
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer, S Clegane

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 05:00:01 pm »
Killcount hiscores sound like fun

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 05:01:01 pm »
I'm all in for kill count high scores.

Edit:
I was also thinking that maybe we should have like a shop exclusive to this event that sells exclusive untradeable items that players can't obtain anywhere else. Obviously players will get a unique currency other than ep/ec/gp for this shop.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:36:08 pm by Jhonson101 »

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 08:38:07 pm »
i'd love this.
#exkneesocks

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 05:31:45 am »
As much as I would like this I can't see myself trying to compete on my main account. I would have far better of a shot at winning if I were to make an entirely new account and just went for 250m in all combat stats. Buyable skills are also a lot faster exp per hour than non-buyables. Balancing it is really difficult, I think we'd find more people trying to abuse the system to get the reward than people that are actually training for the sake of training.

I also find that entering the "competition" aka the front page of highscores really isn't as difficult as it may seem. You currently only need to be maxed and have 1.1b exp to get on the front page. Getting maxed and getting to exp cap in a few combat skills would get you there, which is something that can be done in a month or two.

Without rewards it would work fine, with them it would need balancing.

This^
Pages: 1