The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Reemster

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • I am the Great Cornholio
    • View Profile
merching
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:26:12 pm »
Any idea to make merching non-profitable? since everybody on emps thinks their bank is their (real) life, and becoming greedy as fuck

gr

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
The less u need, the longer shit takes

Offline Deandam7

• Liked: 470 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: merching
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:30:42 pm »
This is a joke, right? People will always "Merch" lol. I also think you're not understanding the meaning of merch, merching is taking advantage of price crashes/rises; buying stacks of a particular item and then selling it once it has risen to it's peak price. Now obviously people want nice items(armours, weapons, oldschools etc) so if they want those items to use for themselves they don't actually have an obligation to sell the item?

Forgive me if I've not understood what you mean, if I'm wrong would you care to elaborate on your post?

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:31:08 pm »
The grand exchange will hit merching. It'll still be possible within the margins people buy stuff depending on the demand.

Nothing can be done about merching atm, there's a low supply of items, a lot of buyers and people don't want to spend an entire day at GE trying to find a seller with a reasonable price.

Offline Hmoob Fisher

• Liked: 31 times
  • +0/-0
  • "Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:18:59 pm »
I think that it doesn't really matter. If you want to merch then merch. If not, just don't buy it from merchers.
I mean I don't buy stuff from merchers in GE at all (only in desperate situation; tho that never happen before).

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and
you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:24 pm »
The only problem with "merchers" is the people actually but the stuff at whatever crazy price they put it up for.
If people simply don't buy stuff if it's overpriced, people won't be able to sell it and eventually they'll lower their price.
It's the greed on both sides that causes this whole "merching" deal you're on about.
People are desperate for items, people selling the items are desperate for more money, and thus prices go up.

TL;DR
Don't buy anything you think is overpriced.
It's our own fault.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:37:15 pm by Charr »
;

Offline B3astmode

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 12:32:38 am »
Any idea to make merching non-profitable? since everybody on emps thinks their bank is their (real) life, and becoming greedy as fuck

gr
The Grand Exchange will help this because you can demand the price you want without having to negotiate with another player, but yes there will always be Merching.

Offline 1egend

• Liked: 53 times
  • +1/-0
  • Complete! Now I can sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 01:04:57 am »
Merching's a good thing.. and the grand exchange will let the player set their own prices still.
Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose

Support this weeks SOTW!!

Irl name- Dallas / Sallad / Dally

Offline Reemster

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • I am the Great Cornholio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 08:19:54 am »
This is a joke, right? People will always "Merch" lol. I also think you're not understanding the meaning of merch, merching is taking advantage of price crashes/rises; buying stacks of a particular item and then selling it once it has risen to it's peak price. Now obviously people want nice items(armours, weapons, oldschools etc) so if they want those items to use for themselves they don't actually have an obligation to sell the item?

Forgive me if I've not understood what you mean, if I'm wrong would you care to elaborate on your post?

the fact that at the moment that youre buying shit for a certain price which is already overpriced, then someone says no i want more,
u give them the exact price what they want and they just bounce, because now they want even more,

And i dont even know what to expect from ge with this small community, everyone (95% imo) is gonna sell items overpriced (what they definetly will do/try) on ge, gl buying what ever item on ge for normal price

On emps its not merching, its just plain stupid item flipping which is even more f'd up
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:27:30 am by Reemster »

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
The less u need, the longer shit takes
Pages: 1