The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Making staking members only
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:00:35 pm »
In light of the recent 'staking ban' suggestion I thought I'd write this up into a suggestion.

Make staking members only:
Doing this would increase the amount of money you 'need' to start staking. Elemental whip already did quite a good job at improving this, but it wouldn't be bad to take this further. This theoretically decreases the amount of people staking that aren't already kind of rich. It also means that if people lose their bank staking, they are more than likely still member. In which case they will have access to moneymaking methods that they can rebuild with easily.

Big stakers won't really care about it being member or not. Stakers that are 'poor' will probably get upset about this, however these are the kind of people that we would want to discourage from staking.

People should honestly be able to just stop staking on their own, however this might provide a little help with that.
;
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Ranger 0wns, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Making staking members only
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 07:47:31 pm »
This should've been done a long time ago along with the staking tax.

Charr, this is an introduction for another member ticket sink suggestion, isn't it?

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 07:49:14 pm »
How 'bout we just keep thinking about updates to just make the game fucking interesting and rewarding again so there would be something to fuckin do......
The following users liked this post: Ameer, Wg Iron

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:13:01 pm »
How 'bout we just keep thinking about updates to just make the game fucking interesting and rewarding again so there would be something to fuckin do......
Given all the content suggestions/feedback topics I've made, this point stands about as much as someone in a wheelchair.
;

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 08:23:52 pm »
I can see it being beneficial. I agree to this.
Good solution.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 08:29:00 pm »
Given all the content suggestions/feedback topics I've made, this point stands about as much as someone in a wheelchair.

How many stakers actually quit after getting cleaned and how many move out to play Emps for PvM/PKing after making a bank. None and none. Why is this? Because they actually enjoy staking more than they enjoy anything in the game. Why is this? Because everything is boring as fucking fuck, not worth doing or possibly even both. Adding a staking tax or making staking members only will just make stakers enjoy the single thing they like about this game even less.

I highly doubt new players will give a single fuck if there are stakers in the game, they just want a great new player experience. I as a sort of a veteran player no longer give a fuck about people staking. I and many other players have become inactive or straight up quit the game because there is absolutely nothing to do. Sure thomy will get a few extra bucks if staking was members' only but it wouldn't grow the game at all.

We should just let people stake items again. There even less demand for items after that stupid change was made. It actually hurt the economy for regular players to do that.
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Papa Troq, Charr, Str8att7

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 08:31:27 pm »
I personally disagree to this, it's your own decision to stake or not.
We should not care so much about those making wrong decissions --> (staking).
Get a girlfriend, make her pregnant and raise that child, if you want to care & protect someone with 'no normal way of thinking' yet.

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 09:38:43 pm »
I disagree with this suggestion.

Reason #1: This could increase the prices of Members' Tickets. The members' tickets can only be bought with IRL cash, encouraging players to literally buy gold, putting players who can't spend any money and trying to make money themselves at an even bigger disadvantage. I know it helps to keep the server up, but it's just wrong in my opinion to have a big advantage if you're doing good financially IRL. You're free to call me stupid for this, but this is just my opinion.

Reason #2: It's just pointless to add this. There's like 10 people who I saw personally staking in the peak time, so coding and working for those 10 people just to get a feature removed for them is again, wrong. Plus, no one is actually quitting if they're losing their bank. Rich, in example, would probably have high stats and could re-build pretty easily and continue staking, even with member requirement. Poor, on the other half, would lose a million or two, quit for a day, make money and stake again, repeat. By putting the members requirement, the poor people would actually quit if they found the adrenaline they got from staking enjoyable.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 10:16:35 pm »

Reason #1: This could increase the prices of Members' Tickets. The members' tickets can only be bought with IRL cash, encouraging players to literally buy gold, putting players who can't spend any money and trying to make money themselves at an even bigger disadvantage. I know it helps to keep the server up, but it's just wrong in my opinion to have a big advantage if you're doing good financially IRL. You're free to call me stupid for this, but this is just my opinion.

Reason #2: It's just pointless to add this. There's like 10 people who I saw personally staking in the peak time, so coding and working for those 10 people just to get a feature removed for them is again, wrong. Plus, no one is actually quitting if they're losing their bank. Rich, in example, would probably have high stats and could re-build pretty easily and continue staking, even with member requirement. Poor, on the other half, would lose a million or two, quit for a day, make money and stake again, repeat. By putting the members requirement, the poor people would actually quit if they found the adrenaline they got from staking enjoyable.
#1:
You can get the money for a member ticket on a fresh account within 4 hours of creating it. Kind of low effort seeing as the ticket lasts you 30 days and offers you even more ways to make money.

#2:
This wouldn't affect those 10 people, the thing is, those 10 people are not the ones I'm targetting with this suggestion. It's the people that don't really know how to make money and aren't very rich. It doesn't affect rich stakers, it only puts the entry level for staking higher so that poor people will at least take a bit longer to get to the duel arena.

Pking and staking are both ways of risking your money to make more money. If pking is non-member and staking is member, where are people more likely to go to?
;

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 10:30:58 pm »

#1:
You can get the money for a member ticket on a fresh account within 4 hours of creating it. Kind of low effort seeing as the ticket lasts you 30 days and offers you even more ways to make money.

#2:
This wouldn't affect those 10 people, the thing is, those 10 people are not the ones I'm targetting with this suggestion. It's the people that don't really know how to make money and aren't very rich. It doesn't affect rich stakers, it only puts the entry level for staking higher so that poor people will at least take a bit longer to get to the duel arena.

Pking and staking are both ways of risking your money to make more money. If pking is non-member and staking is member, where are people more likely to go to?

#1:
Again, you can skip those four hours of progress just by spending like 5 euro, which again, seems unfair to me.

#2: Most of the stakers are actually lazy people that don't want to make money by regular means. They want to get money fast, so that's why they stake. And a lot of people in this server (Like everyone) have maxed melee stats, so I find it just hard to believe that a poor staker that makes 1M and loses it, repeat, would actually work to make that money for members' ticket. I would imagine seeing a few less people playing here if this gets added.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 10:38:40 pm »

#1:

#2:

#1:
Again, you can skip those four hours of progress just by spending like 5 euro, which again, seems unfair to me.

Seems unfair to you, but it necessary for the continuity of the game.

Offline Wg Iron

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 01:26:14 pm »
As I said before, make staking dead already. Just like Otto, I am veteran player and I find no fun in running around of monsters with almost no people PvM or Pking. Everybody just staking, some pking from time to time and even less doing slayer or killing monsters for shit. Take Dagganoth cave. When was it crowded as hell just to get Dagganoth bones? Not anymore. Or Dragons, every dragon being killed each and every single time you get task of some kind of dragon. Game was good then went down and now it's becoming dead of even less good quality content here. Charr and others, why not give additional feedback on suggestions that are not relevant with duel arena? Forget staking for once. It's like economy full of problems at once. If only there was voting for duel arena just to die. I vote yes for that one. Clearly it serves zero purpose in this game for those who actually play for joy.
P.S. Sorry for bad english.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 02:40:45 pm »
Charr and others, why not give additional feedback on suggestions that are not relevant with duel arena? Forget staking for once. It's like economy full of problems at once.
I really don't know if you've ever looked at the suggestion section. Granted not everyone that has eyes seems to be able to use them a sufficient amount. But if you did use your bloody eyes and look at the bloody suggestion section, you might find that I have replied to almost all of the suggestions that have been posted. At least so long as I was actually playing at the time.

If you're not gonna give an explanation for your statement like you did when you said I suggested nerfing ss (despite never having done that) that's fine. But for the love of god, please think before you post.

As I said before, make staking dead already. Just like Otto, I am veteran player and I find no fun in running around of monsters with almost no people PvM or Pking. Everybody just staking, some pking from time to time and even less doing slayer or killing monsters for shit. Take Dagganoth cave. When was it crowded as hell just to get Dagganoth bones? Not anymore. Or Dragons, every dragon being killed each and every single time you get task of some kind of dragon. Game was good then went down and now it's becoming dead of even less good quality content here. If only there was voting for duel arena just to die. I vote yes for that one. Clearly it serves zero purpose in this game for those who actually play for joy.
I'm not even gonna bother with this.
;

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 02:32:12 pm »
geat idea, this would help the game by decreasing the number of stakes especially players with small banks.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 02:57:38 pm »
This ^

Even tho I don't mind a staking fee since only cash can be staked atm, however I am totally against forcing people to buy a member ticket just to enjoy something they are doing.

if you're just looking for a way to sink member tickets, this might work since a lot of stakers believes that winning a stake has to do with the account you're using, which means they will have to use member tickets on few accounts just to do this

however by taking another look at duel arena atm and who is staking there, they're just cleaned af to afford few mem tickets
just a simple staking fee / tax would be amazing as something pay for getting super rich ( eventho you'll lose it all by the next day )

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf, Wg Iron
Pages: 1 2