The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Wg Iron

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Making game harder
« on: February 18, 2017, 11:30:45 am »
I suggest to move teak/mahogany trees somewhere further from the places they are(Camelot/Catherby), they are already near banks.. I don't think it will hurt a game a lot.

P.S. Otto, commentary is not needed.

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Making game harder
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 11:58:35 am »
Let me guess: You got enough logs to get 99 construction already, and you want to make it harder to obtain them for everyone.  :-\ Plus, this won't make the game any harder.

Offline Wg Iron

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:09:24 pm »
Let me guess: You got enough logs to get 99 construction already, and you want to make it harder to obtain them for everyone.  :-\ Plus, this won't make the game any harder.
Nice try guessing. But no. On all acounts that I have at best I have 150 - 100 logs of both kinds. And I don't plan on getting construction 99 just after release in few seconds. I wanna level it up level by level normally as it should be. And not like 2M exp/hour methods at 74 - 75 construction knowing Emps exp rates.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 12:33:50 pm »
1. It will fuck with skillers

2. There are people with dozens of thousand is logs and probably even plank already. It would be extremely unfair for people who haven't collected any yet or have yet to join this game, implying Emps even gains new players.

3. Why do you keep thinking that construction is any special from any other skill? With your logic, every runite rock should have at least 1000 squares between them because otherwise smithing would be too easy. If the same logic was applied to woodcutting, firemaking and fletching, we wouldn't have any forests in this game.

The logs cannot be used as themselves. They require effort from the players to be turned into planks which also costs money. Sure there is plank make but in RS one casts means one plank, and that actually means less planks per hour than simply running to the sawmill and it takes runes in addition to money. This can of course be changed by making each cast of plank make turn multiple logs into planks but it will still take effort to make a large number of planks.

4. I'm sure planks and logs will be added to the drop tables of new monsters in the future, but that will actually make gathering planks easier unlike you said on SB. From OSRS we can definitely see that Zulrah crashed the prices of a lot of supplies. We should avoid making mistakes like that instead of trying to replicate them knowing that they will result into a shitty outcome. Imagine of people begun to kill Kree'arra in Emps purely for bowstrings and crushed nests. Armadyl pieces and the rest of the drops would become worthless (oh wait they already are).

5. ''Hurrdurr emps should be hard cuz rs is hard too''

RS is an extremely easy game in terms of gathering supplies. Making planks in both versions of the game is profitable because of the over-supply of the logs there is. The trees are extremely close to a bank and Zulrah drops a lot while also being the most popular and one of the easiest bosses in the game once you memorize the rotations. In RS3 the logs are a common drop from a buttload of slayers monsters. In addition to that teak and mahogany planks are some of the more common RDT drops that can be dropped by any monster. There are also portable sawmills which let you make planks at a bank without having to move a square and that shit is over 4M money/hour.

Also, clicking on your screen multiple times for a long time isn't hard unless you're mentally challenged. It's boring as fuck.

6. If you think that people criticizing your ideas is ''dramatic'' in some way, shape or form, you should seriously stop suggesting things. The same applies if you don't want to receive critique from a specific person or a specific group of people. That makes you appear extremely weak and pathetic to the rest of the community.

So no. The logs shouldn't be hard to get, because getting the logs isn't the actual skill we are about to get. If you want THE SKILL to be harder then you should probably just suggest the XP rates to not be made too ridiculously fast.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:35:23 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Charr, Reporter007

Offline Wg Iron

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 01:10:31 pm »
Otto, if you so smart, what are doing here playing games? I mean, I'm weak not much to do with me. But you're English professor. You should be granted with awesome job with skill like that.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 01:18:13 pm »
Otto, if you so smart, what are doing here playing games? I mean, I'm weak not much to do with me. But you're English professor. You should be granted with awesome job with skill like that.

I thought people were allowed to have hobbies. I also love how you say it's impossible to have a discussion with me when you're the one dragging it completely off-topic.

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 02:11:21 pm »
Im just here to see otto roast

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 02:31:48 pm »
Simply making things take more time does not make anything more difficult, it just makes things take slightly more time. Time does not equal difficulty.

I wanna level it up level by level normally as it should be. And not like 2M exp/hour methods at 74 - 75 construction knowing Emps exp rates.
You can already get 900k exp per hour training in rs at level 73. This however does not take into account the time it takes for you to gather the materials. It just takes into account the time you spend actually gaining exp. Granted that can be skipped somewhat by buying the planks, but this will cost you a lot of money. Which also takes time to make.

That 2 mil exp/h isn't all that fast of a rate compared to other skills. Fletching can for example be a little more than double that. These are the kind of exp rates emps has. I really like that they're not as sky high compared to other servers, but they're not as low as rs. It's one of the greatest things about emps in my opinion. I wouldn't want construction to be dreadfully slow, I disagree with you.

P.S. Otto, commentary is not needed.
It's probably better not to reply if all you're not gonna talk about the suggestion but about the person commenting on it. You kind of instantly lose the discussion at that point.
;
The following users liked this post: Reporter007
Pages: 1