The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Last Man Standing (New Mini-Game)
« on: August 20, 2016, 12:24:55 pm »
Some of you know of the new mini-game in Runescape. It is one of the most popular mini-games already because you are able to earn money with it while killing other players. I have seen suggestions about adding a similiar game like LMS to Emps-World, but none of the suggestions were 100% complete. That is why I am suggesting my version of LMS which can be called anything you like (LMS, Hunger Games, Ultimate Survival, Vote Trump or even Tuck Fhomy :kappa: ).

The game will be available only in competetive mode, which means you have to pay 1 LMS ticket (which can be exchanged for 100k cash) entrance fee to join this mini-game. The game starts when there are atleast 15 players in the lobby. The goal is simple. Be the last man standing alive. The last three players will be rewarded with 1 LMS ticket (#3), 3 LMS tickets (#2) and 10 LMS tickets (#1). LMS tickets can be sold back to the shop for 100k ea. There will be no requirements to play this mini-game. Even level 3 accounts will be able to participate.

Let's get into rules and mechanics of this mini-game.

1. The game will start after atleast 15 players have joined the lobby. You will need to have 1 LMS ticket in your inventory to join the lobby and it will disappear once you get into the game. No items except the LMS tickets are allowed to be taken with you. The game starts after 30 seconds.

2. All players will be spawned to 1 out of 3-4 LMS maps (for more diversity) and they will appear at different positions.

3. All players will have the following stats: 99 attack, 99 strength, 80 defence, 99 hitpoints, 99 magic, 99 ranged and 10/99 prayer. All other stats will be 1 since they are meaningless in this mini-game. All players start with the normal magic spellbook.

4. All players will have the following items in their inventory: 1x bronze scimitar, 1x shortbow, 100x bronze arrows.

5. All maps will be filled with crates, boxes and chests which you can loot only once to receive random items that you can use in order to win this mini-game. The chest rewards will be explained further below.

6. All players can kill other players to get all of their items (except LMS tickets) and they will additionally receive a "bloody key" which can be used to loot a chest, that has been already looted. In addition to that, using a bloody key on a looted chest will fully restore your health and give you 30 prayer points.

7. All maps will be filled with "shop keepers" who buy certain items that can be obtained through out the game and they will also sell useful items as well. The currency inside the mini-game are blood points. You get blood points for selling items and you can buy new items from the shop with them as well. Shop details will be further below.

8. After 1:30 minutes a fog will appear that hurts players who are inside it. The longer you are inside the fog, the more damage you will take. A router on your mini-map will show you the location that is not filled with fog. The fog will fill up to 99% of the map and always leaves a single-target area unharmed.

9. The game ends when there is one player left and a new game can be started.

Possible rewards that you can loot from the chests:

Pool 1:
- 2-5 monkfish (60%)
- 2-5 sharks (30%)
- 2-5 manta rays (10%)

Pool 2:
- 1x prayer potion(1) (40%)
- 1x prayer potion(2) (30%)
- 1x prayer potion(3) (20%)
- 1x prayer potion(4) (10%)

Pool 3:
- 1x rune platebody (8%)
- 1x rune platelegs (8%)
- 1x rune kiteshield (8%)
- 1x rune scimitar (8%)
- 1x rune 2h (8%)
- 1x granite maul (6%)
- 1x dragon scimitar (5%)
- 1x dragon 2h (5%)
- 1x dragon med helm (5%)
- 1x dragon sq shield (5%)
- 1x dragon longsword (5%)
- 1x dragon chainbody (4%)
- 1x dragon platelegs (4%)
- 1x dragon claws (4%)
- 1x dragon dagger(p++) (4%)
- 1x abbysal whip (3%)
- 1x zamorakian spear (3%)
- 1x 3rd age platebody (2%)
- 1x third age platelegs (2%)
- 1x armadyl godsword (1%)
- 1x zamork godsword (1%)
- 1x saradomin godsword (1%)

Pool 4:
- 1x magic shortbow (10%)
- 1x blue dhide vambs (10%)
- 1x blue dhide chaps (10%)
- 1x blue dhide body (10%)
- 1x black dhide vambs (9%)
- 1x black dhide chaps (8%)
- 1x black dhide body (7%)
- 1x robin hood hat (5%)
- 1x ranger boots (5%)
- 1x seercull (4%)
- 1x dark bow (4%)
- 1x armadyl body (3%)
- 1x armadyl legs (3%)
- 1x saradomin bow (3%)
- 1x zamorak bow (3%)
- 1x 3rd age range body (3%)
- 1x 3rd age range legs (3%)

Pool 4.1:

- 50-100 adamant arrows (60%)
- 50-100 rune arrows (30%)
- 10-50 dragon arrows (10%)

Pool 5:
- 1x mystic robe top (18%)
- 1x mystic robe bottom (18%)
- 1x ancient staff (18%)
- 1x infinity boots (13%)
- 1x mage's book (10%)
- 1x master wand (7%)
- 1x staff of light (5%)
- 1x ragefire boots (5%)
- 1x 3rd age mage robe top (3%)
- 1x 3rd age mage robe bottom (3%)

Pool 5.1:
- 1x fire wave runes (40 bloods, 200 air runes, 280 fire runes) (40%)
- 1x entangle runes (80 natures, 100 earths, 100 waters) (40%)
- 1x ice barrage runes (80 deaths, 40 bloods, 120 waters) (20%)

The looting system will be like this: Every player who loots a chest gets one reward from pool 1, one reward from pool 2 and 3 rewards from pool 3, 4, or 5. Players who get a reward from pool 4 will also get a reward from pool 4.1. Players who get a reward from pool 5 will also get a reward from pool 5.1. All rewards can be obtained only once per chests which means you will not be able to get two or more items of the same kind per chest.

The shop keeper will have following items to offer:

- rune arrows (1 blood point for 10 arrows)
- sharks (2 blood points each)
- prayer potion(1) (2 blood points)
- ½ fire wave runes (20 bloods, 100 air runes, 140 fire runes) (3 blood points)
- ½ entangle runes (40 natures, 50 earths, 50 waters) (3 blood points)
- ½ ice barrage runes (40 deaths, 20 bloods, 60 waters) (5 blood points)
- granite maul (5 blood points)
- dragon gloves (5 blood points)
- dragon scimitar (5 blood points)
- black dhide body (5 blood points)
- black dhide legs (5 blood points)
- mystic robe top (5 blood points)
- mystic robe bottom (5 blood points)
- rune platelegs (5 blood points)
- rune platebody (5 blood points)
- ancient staff (5 blood points)
- magic shortbow (5 blood points)
- ancient magicks swap (10 blood points)
- barrow gloves (10 blood points)
- amulet of fury (10 blood points)
- abyssal whip (20 blood points)

The shop keeper will buy following items:

- monkfish, sharks and manta rays (1 blood point each)
- any kind of prayer potion (1 blood point each)
- rune scimitar (1 blood point)
- rune 2h (1 blood point)
- rune kiteshield (1 blood point)
- dragon longsword (2 blood points)
- dragon 2h (2 blood points)
- blue dhide vambs (2 blood points)
- blue dhide chaps (2 blood points)
- blue dhide body (2 blood points)
- dragon scimitar (3 blood points)
- black dhide body (3 blood points)
- black dhide legs (3 blood points)
- mystic robe top (3 blood points)
- mystic robe bottom (3 blood points)
- rune platelegs (3 blood points)
- rune platebody (3 blood points)
- ancient staff (3 blood points)
- magic shortbow (3 blood points)
- granite maul (3 blood points)
- dragon gloves (3 blood points)
- barrow gloves (5 blood points)
- amulet of fury (5 blood points)
- abyssal whip (10 blood points)

I think that we need multiple maps to make the game more exciting and interesting. These are the locations I have thought about so far:

Green: single-target
Red: multi-target
White: shortcuts need to be added or made possible
Blue: New bigger objectives need to be added (e.g. houses)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:22:14 pm by Junkz »
The following users liked this post: Just Humen, Kaarel 123, Ranger 0wns

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
Re: Last Man Standing (New Mini-Game)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 12:41:56 pm »
Never fail to make me agree with you on every suggestion. I would love to see this implemented, your suggestion would help a lot since it's very detailed (as usual).

Also, since you mentioned god bows in pool 4, you should get a 100% chance of getting god arrows in pool 4.1 if you get a god bow in pool 4, otherwise you won't be able to use it.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
The following users liked this post: Junkz

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 12:47:18 pm »
Never fail to make me agree with you on every suggestion. I would love to see this implemented, your suggestion would help a lot since it's very detailed (as usual).

Also, since you mentioned god bows in pool 4, you should get a 100% chance of getting god arrows in pool 4.1 if you get a god bow in pool 4, otherwise you won't be able to use it.

You can use god bows with any kind of arrows? For me it was important to balance the damage of all combat styles. God arrows could be an option, but they would only work with the right bows and nothing else...

However your reply made me remember to add some arrows and runes to the shop. thanks.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 12:55:55 pm »
At least 15 players is over 10% of our peak playercount, and during EU night time there might not even be that many players in game. This won't succeed and would be a total waste of time.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 01:24:00 pm »
15 Players is too much indeed and the minigame will fail 100% because of that. Even during events we won't see games running too often or at all.
Minigames are not what the game needs currently in my opinion, they won't be played for sure. Nice idea overall though.

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 03:53:50 pm »
that's a pretty big part of the whole map to use in just 1 minigame. I agree with the earlier replys that 15 players is too much. my suggestion would be to make the area smaller and make the player minimum 5 players. Nicely written suggestion though :)

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 06:52:38 pm »
that's a pretty big part of the whole map to use in just 1 minigame. I agree with the earlier replys that 15 players is too much. my suggestion would be to make the area smaller and make the player minimum 5 players. Nicely written suggestion though :)

There are many reasons why I chose 15 players instead of 10 or lower. The rewards for the first two players should be notable so you can try making money by playing this mini game. Because of the low entrance fee, more players are needed to make the pot grow. Since 2 players are able to win more than the fee, 2-man-teams are also a very possible choice since it is easier and safer to make money with a partner than doing it solo. The maps are big, but not too big and I think their size is perfect for 15 or more players. I checked many locations and these maps seemed to be the best. I also think that this mini-game will be a "money-making" mini-game, many (ex)pkers and stakers will try to make their bank there. Ironman mode brought many players back. Maybe this mini-game will do it as well.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 10:48:52 am »
I like the idea but looking at the playercount it would be better to improve existing minigames instead of adding new ones

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 11:23:23 am »
The idea itself is not bad at all, however I agree with Jp and Freestuffyay that we don't need more minigames atm. Atleast not multiplayer ones.

In the last topic I mentioned that I would only agree if it was made available for just events, but I'm going to change my opinion. It's just not worth the coding time, especially considering our current playerbase.

Also I have some issues with some of the locations you chose. Firstly the area including Oo'glog and Mobilising armies is a very unique region and often used at events (hns related). I wouldn't like limiting our areas even further, imo the exact opposite is needed. Also I wouldn't use Mos Le'Harmless and Ape Toll, since they could be used in a better way (in the future). That wildy-like area is perfect though.

Online Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 12:26:16 pm »
Another great idea, well detailed and explained
however I don't think it will get added any time soon

The idea itself is not bad at all, however I agree with Jp and Freestuffyay that we don't need more minigames atm. Atleast not multiplayer ones.

In the last topic I mentioned that I would only agree if it was made available for just events, but I'm going to change my opinion. It's just not worth the coding time, especially considering our current playerbase.

Also I have some issues with some of the locations you chose. Firstly the area including Oo'glog and Mobilising armies is a very unique region and often used at events (hns related). I wouldn't like limiting our areas even further, imo the exact opposite is needed. Also I wouldn't use Mos Le'Harmless and Ape Toll, since they could be used in a better way (in the future). That wildy-like area is perfect though.
This can be easily avoided by coding it to height 4 instead of 1 ( same map )
I gotta disagree with the part " we don't have enough players to run another minigame ", I don't think we can compare the current ones that people has been playing the same shit day after day for years to this new minigame.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 01:11:43 pm »
I gotta disagree with the part " we don't have enough players to run another minigame ", I don't think we can compare the current ones that people has been playing the same shit day after day for years to this new minigame.

Still doesn't change the fact that there might not even be enough players online to play the minigame. Skilled PKers would destroy everyone with less skill and would ultimately discourage people from playing the minigame at all. Elo system and multiple instances are out of the question because of the low player count.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 01:13:51 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 05:05:13 pm »

Still doesn't change the fact that there might not even be enough players online to play the minigame. Skilled PKers would destroy everyone with less skill and would ultimately discourage people from playing the minigame at all. Elo system and multiple instances are out of the question because of the low player count.
in minigames like this pk skill barely makes a difference because it's like 90% RNG

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 05:09:20 pm »

in minigames like this pk skill barely makes a difference because it's like 90% RNG

Average emps player is an braindead noob bunny hopping and spamming absolutely random nonsense at duel arena thinking that'll increase their chance at winning. Outsmarting people like that doesn't require much whether they get a better start or not.

Offline Iron Dot

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »
Please, don't copy what OSRS has. Emps is unique on its own, I guess, it should have something else, not server full of copy-junk.
I disagree. New minigame is always better than the one in either RS3 or OSRS.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 03:32:24 pm »
Please, don't copy what OSRS has. Emps is unique on its own, I guess, it should have something else, not server full of copy-junk.
I disagree. New minigame is always better than the one in either RS3 or OSRS.

Tfw you realize the whole game is based on rs
Pages: 1 2