The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
'Invincible' when teleporting
« on: September 15, 2019, 08:28:34 pm »
I don't know who ever made this suggestion, but it was a very bad idea. What is the point in this? I was fighting a guy who had 10 hp left when he dh axed me on my vengeance with a 74 while teleporting. Result, he didn't get hit by my vengeance and I died. Could someone explain me why this was ever added to the game. What is the point of this? What makes this a good and fair update? Players can just hit with their last special attack/on low hp (with dharock) and teleport and can't get hit.

My suggestion: Remove this mechanism, it isn't fair and doesn't bring anything to the game.

Greetings
Thib

Offline Namnori

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • <><.><>
    • View Profile
Re: 'Invincible' when teleporting
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 10:30:32 pm »
And what's the point in getting hit while you're teleporting away? You click on teleport and while you do animation others can hit you but you can't eat? So if he gets lucky and hit high enough you're as good as dead.

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 06:08:45 am »
And what's the point in getting hit while you're teleporting away? You click on teleport and while you do animation others can hit you but you can't eat? So if he gets lucky and hit high enough you're as good as dead.

The point is that this mechanisme is being abused. Players try to take a final knock-out hit and just teleport away without being the risk to be killed by the counter hit or a vengeance hit. This just doesn’t make sense. At least add a timer before you can teleport away after dealing a hit
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:16:28 am »
At least add a timer before you can teleport away after dealing a hit
This would actually remove the point of it's use, thus makes adding it useless. Being invincable during a teleport was actually a good thing, but if it's being abused in the way you just explained, it might be a good thing to change being invincilable to being 'neutural'. Impossible to be dealt damage, but impossible to deal damage aswel. How about that?
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018
The following users liked this post: Namnori, S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 10:11:43 am »
I agree tho with suggested idea but other than that - there are other ways to avoid this from happening.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 08:47:32 am »
How OSRS resolved this is that they added a cooldown to teleporting after you used a special attack due to people ragging with gmauls or trying to rush people and immediately teleporting away.
I think you have to wait 5 seconds after using a spec before you can teleport? Can't remember what the timer was but it's around that.
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Namnori

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • <><.><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 10:46:11 am »
Yeah, but you could still smack with dharoks or like glad maul. I like Mitch's idea to make it 'neutral'. You can't deal nor receive damage while using teleport.

Offline Antebellum

• Liked: 27 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 07:42:24 am »
This is okay lol, if your opponent does that u dont have to fight him.
I dont see it that big of a problem that tick eating was.

EDIT BY AMEER : Lets try to avoid starting any kind of drama, Your opinion has been mentioned above and thats more than enough.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:18:53 am by Ameer »
Pages: 1