The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Forum Moderation
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:35:37 am »
Hello everyone,

I visit from time to time Forum sections and I figured this might prove to be useful. Considering, our Staff don't have that much to moderate in-game field I suppose none will object for returning role of Forum Moderation for someone out of Staff Members. From what I can remember, Otto was once Forum moderator (Someone12116, for newbies).

I suppose since Wiki could use cooperation with such players in order to avoid any spam or one-time-kick-ins(constant replies one by one instead of 5 - 10 points in one reply to get Wiki Team to notice it) for Wiki feedback rather have list of them in one message. What else bothering me, is out-dated Rules and Guidelines for certain sections which needs update, constantly with every new "thang"(as huge update, for instance, like Invention) coming out in here. But hey, that's just for Wiki feedback and feedback section, in general. Not sure but there was Marketing moderated lately as well. About others I am not aware of but would gladly liked it if some of them were reconfigured to keep information up-to-date. If any has some additional feedback to this, be sure to hit up to topic. :)

Note: I just re-checked some of the topics here in suggestion too - basically old ones which are already in-game can be removed by those who would be in this role to avoid topic flooding.

Have a great day!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 11:23:21 pm by Wg »

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Moderation
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 04:02:52 pm »
"Considering staff has nothing to do, let's make them do even less by handing out their duties to regular players"

It's fairly obvious discord is where it's at and the forum is dying, anyone wanting to spend their days removing old threads in forums for no apparent should find a better hobby.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:15:43 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Jp, Kaner, Bluestorm, Hi Im Ethan, Namnori

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:40:05 pm »
"Considering staff has nothing to do, let's make them do even less by handing out their duties to regular players"

Not sure if sarcastic or haven't understood the point but... This was meant to make existing Staff Members for those duties - players who actually agreed to be moderator/admin for a reason.

It's fairly obvious discord is where it's at and the forum is dying, anyone wanting to spend their days removing old threads in forums for no apparent should find a better hobby.

Discord/Forum dying or not unless you want to make people aware of information sources we got as well as helping certain members of staff maintaining Wiki more efficiently - I can assure you, not all of them know about thing called Discord, much less Forum/Wiki which is why I made this as a separate suggestion.

As for removing threads(someone's hobby as you said), recall my words, I was referring to making less spam within different threads/topics by moderating to reduce spam with one reply instead of multiple input on and on with maximum of three words per reply once "newly made topics/threads" comes out.

Note: Do you honestly believe that my target was to suggest someone to be in charge of this whole bright forest here who could gladly in spare time move/delete/edit any thread/reply/topic in any way he likes to? Please... Make forum serve its purpose as well, or might just remove it as whole since you said it yourself and I quote: "discord is where it's at".

I suggested this so both Wiki contributors and, if it will make it that far, Forum Moderator could cooperate into making Wiki updated more effectively, coordinate players to use Forums/Wiki more frequently, make them aware of this place. Right now, the only thing they know by logged in here is how to make Help Desk ticket(which is absurd at best) and waiting weeks for approval from someone that's in higher hierarchy.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 05:36:54 am »
Honestly don't think there's a point introducing forum moderators back considering the activity has gone down a lot. Discord is where the majority discusses outside the game.
Going through stickies and seeing what's outdated is a few minute job to either move them to garbage or edit them. Some sticky threads require +6 rights which forum moderators obviously don't have.

You will never see spam bot messages anyway because they won't get through the spam filter and are only seen by staff which are then moved to garbage.
1 - 3 word rule was dumb to being with imho because sometimes replies won't require many words and tangled novels are very annoying to read and in the end you have no idea what was the point.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:26:22 am »
Going through stickies and seeing what's outdated is a few minute job to either move them to garbage or edit them.

So many staff members, ain't nobody got time for that... I still can't believe Staff is barely doing what its meant to do.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:12:20 pm »
Going through stickies and seeing what's outdated is a few minute job to either move them to garbage or edit them.

So many staff members, ain't nobody got time for that... I still can't believe Staff is barely doing what its meant to do.

Thanks for the feedback, we will make sure as a staff team to get them removed asap.

About your suggestion, I don't think we really need such thing, I disagree with you about the part of where you mentioned that ' staff members has nothing to do '  as I can assure you everyone is doing what he is supposed to do, if you feel that someone is not doing his job, helpdesk is the way to go and we will make sure to sort it out.

I agree with what Jp said about Discord being mainly the place where people normally search for help add to that Wiki is currently a huge source of information, therefore one of the few things that has to be done in forums is helpdesk tickets.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline S Clegane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 11:22:55 pm »
As usual, considering feedback as nothing but making my topic pathetic. Thanks, locked.
The following users liked this post: Tulrak
Pages: 1