The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
Event Manager
« on: May 28, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »
Well.. I was thinking about what would bring some more fun to the players so I came up with the idea or actually the rank that certain chosen players used to have back in days in Emps-Scape, it is named as Event Manager.
I thought that it would be enjoyable to have weekly events which are hosted by 3 Event managers, each one of them host a different event and there should be 1+ hour(s) difference between each event in order to keep the players updated.

When do event managers host events?
Event managers are voulenteers who dedicate their time to host certain events, they have 2 possible days to host events in.
It could be whether friday or saturday because players like to fill their free time with cool stuffs on weekends. The Event management team has the right to decide on which day and time they want to host an event.

What is the aim of this rank and why it is important to have certain players in that position?
The aim of this rank is to change the other players' routine, it helps them to get more knowledge and experience in the game because they'll have to think of places, travel and get to know more stuffs and in the same time they have fun participating in events. The importance of having certain players in that position is quite simple, it is because they'd bring ideas and work on hosting official events by keeping the players updated in the official events topic that is going to be posted by one of them.

What are the most known events do the Event Managers host?
There are many type of events, they are divided to 3 sections.
Section number 1 is PvM: Bossing, Minigames (Pest Control, Castle wars, etc..)
Section number 2 is Skilling.
Section number 3 is Normal events with prizes: Hide n Seek, Drop Party, Guessing the right answer and Duel Arena tournaments.

What are the Event Managers' powers?
1. Teleport to Modisland as they are apart of the staff-team.
2. Use the command ::yell
3. They will be moderating "Events" section - I suggest to divide clans and events section into two sections so "Events" section will be only moderated by Event Managers.

How do Event Managers give the winners rewards?
Well.. this should be discussed with a staff manager.

Very Important Point:
Event Management is a rank in which you have to take it very serious. The ones who have this rank will have to set weekly meetings between themselves to plan on taking decisions correctly in order to host events each one in different times and in the right time for everyone just to give all the players at the same time an opportunity of building relationships, rising their knowledge, get more experience and making challenges.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:40:09 pm by Esam121 »

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
Re: Event Manager
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 12:35:03 pm »
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=2660.0 ???

Eventho, I don't mind the idea at all

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Snipes

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 12:35:45 pm »
I actually love this idea. We need for sure more events, as example: Castle wars. But I really love this idea!

Mary

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 12:51:40 pm »
I think Gmods should get the yell command aswell, and that would be fine :)
The following users liked this post: Kaner, Tgod Bro

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 12:52:55 pm »
While I don't think this is a bad idea, I don't feel it's needed either. Players are fully capable of organizing things like bossing & minigames themselves. Thomy cc does it at least 1-2 times a day. You don't really need a seperate rank for this, giving gamemods yell could be a solution as mary said. I don't see the need, but I also see no negatives.

Neutral.
;

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 12:56:26 pm »
Nope, we don't need more useless ranks.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Esam121

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 01:11:46 pm »
I think Gmods should get the yell command aswell, and that would be fine :)
That is okay, but IMO it's better to have specific rank for event hosters because it's going to be their only job.

While I don't think this is a bad idea, I don't feel it's needed either. Players are fully capable of organizing things like bossing & minigames themselves. Thomy cc does it at least 1-2 times a day. You don't really need a seperate rank for this, giving gamemods yell could be a solution as mary said. I don't see the need, but I also see no negatives.

Neutral.
I don't really mind, I just want to see your opinions.

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 01:29:10 pm »
Emps-World is like a little clan at the moment, people get bored of repeating the same bs everyday, it is important to have changes or different ways of having fun, and I believe Event managers can promote that fun.

Event manager is not a useless rank, we had it back then and it played a important role in the game, right now I find it neccesary to have event managers ingame, the game is decreasing in player count at the moment, not increasing.

Some players don't have friends / trusted players to PvM / Group PK with. This would be a nice opportunity to get to know new players, it's not always about succeeding ingame, you need to form relationships, it is not always about getting to a certain point ingame, it's about the journey.

Good thinking Esam :), for once I can agree with you!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:40:57 pm by Shoaib »
The following users liked this post: Esam121

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 06:07:12 pm »
I think is alright, but wouldn't mind having this. As for today, I try gathering players for pest control. So, it turns out there is already a game running. As for the total, we got around 11-12 players. Out of 100 something players I guess. It's not hard, it was more like whether players wanted to participate or not.

Offline Esam121

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 06:20:43 pm »
Keep in mind guys, Event Management will seriously cause a significant change in the game as long as this job is being directed correctly. It will make challenges between all the players. In addition, it can benefit them both knowledge and motivation.

Emps-World is like a little clan at the moment, people get bored of repeating the same bs everyday, it is important to have changes or different ways of having fun, and I believe Event managers can promote that fun.

Event manager is not a useless rank, we had it back then and it played a important role in the game, right now I find it neccesary to have event managers ingame, the game is decreasing in player count at the moment, not increasing.

Some players don't have friends / trusted players to PvM / Group PK with. This would be a nice opportunity to get to know new players, it's not always about succeeding ingame, you need to form relationships, it is not always about getting to a certain point ingame, it's about the journey.

Good thinking Esam :), for once I can agree with you!
Honestly what you have mentioned in your post can really support my suggestion though I forgot to mention few important things but it's okay now because you mentioned them.

Edit:
Added few extra points to the topic.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:40:59 pm by Esam121 »

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »
its a good idea, but no i dont feel this rank is needed, just join thomy cc and tell people you are runnning an event..

also why does it have to be friday and saturday not every player can make those days
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 08:21:47 pm »
its a good idea, but no i dont feel this rank is needed, just join thomy cc and tell people you are runnning an event..

also why does it have to be friday and saturday not every player can make those days
Doesn't neccesarily have to be friday or saturday, guess we could run a poll for the best timezones.
And those players that often join the thomy clan chat can also be luring and/or false announcing and then again not qualified enough to run a event.
The following users liked this post: Esam121

Offline D0nt Rang It

• Liked: 16 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 08:39:39 pm »
Nope, we don't need more useless ranks.
What "useless" ranks are there then?

Offline Esam121

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 10:48:21 pm »

Doesn't neccesarily have to be friday or saturday, guess we could run a poll for the best timezones.
And those players that often join the thomy clan chat can also be luring and/or false announcing and then again not qualified enough to run a event.
Well, There should be certain days that may have a lot of players online, in my opinion weekends are the best time for hosting events.
There's going to a constant system for hosting events and specified date,time and day.

Having this rank has an aim, and it gives the ones who have it motivation or actually a serious job.
You know players.. like to have certain ranks but that's not the aim of this suggestion. However, I don't think it is bad to have those ranks. Of course those ranks won't be given randomly and the chosen players will have to be pretty serious with their job otherwise they'll be demoted.

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 11:47:18 pm »

Well, There should be certain days that may have a lot of players online, in my opinion weekends are the best time for hosting events.
There's going to a constant system for hosting events and specified date,time and day.

Having this rank has an aim, and it gives the ones who have it motivation or actually a serious job.
You know players.. like to have certain ranks but that's not the aim of this suggestion. However, I don't think it is bad to have those ranks. Of course those ranks won't be given randomly and the chosen players will have to be pretty serious with their job otherwise they'll be demoted.

shoaib thats fair enough i suppose..

esam, again i suppose, but i just cant see it running properly, what if its me and i do take it seriously but then my work calls me when im due to run an event of course im going to pick work first then i get demoted, also people will eventually get bored of it
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Pages: 1 2