The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
EP rewards for reporting major felony or major bugs.
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:10:22 pm »
the title pretty much sums it up, reward players with a symbolic EP reward for reporting crimes committed by players or for reporting major bugs that could have influence on the game. this would give motivation for players to do the right thing, and move their asses a little bit for the sake of the game.
opinions lads?

EDIT: the players couldn't report every single little glitch, read the title again, it says "MAJOR BUGS" not a wall glitch or something and players wouldn't get EP for reporting every single spammer in GE the crime must be big as well, like botting, rwting, etc.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:52:05 pm by Zudikas95187 »

Offline Sir Rambo

• Liked: 317 times
  • +0/-0
  • haters makes you famous... ~Avenus
    • View Profile
Re: EP rewards for reporting felony or major bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:13:23 pm »
No thanks. EP= EVENT points

IRONMAN: Iron Rambo

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:42:06 pm »
Easily abusable. No thanks.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 09:47:43 pm »
the event point system could be renamed "participation point" system, because you don't only get event points from participating in events anyway, there's a lot of activities in our facebook page as well.

Easily abusable. No thanks.

if you're talking about reporting yourself and gaining EP or should i say PP from it, staff members can check their ip addresses i think... And if you think players would get rewards for reporting every single spammer in GE then, it wouldn't happen as well.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:53:08 pm by Zudikas95187 »

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
Re: EP rewards for reporting major felony or major bugs.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 09:59:36 pm »
Yeah, make the staff check the ip addresses of every single person who gets reported. Sounds like fun for everyone. Just an Unneeded hassle...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:30:37 am by Bubblebeam2 »

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 10:06:49 pm »
Or just make them random event rewards
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd

Offline Mod Mary

• Liked: 233 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 10:20:02 pm »
The biggest problem with this 'system' would be the judging and the gray area. People would think they deserve something for either or, and will think others don't deserve what they got for whatever good deed.

the event point system could be renamed "participation point" system, because you don't only get event points from participating in events anyway, there's a lot of activities in our facebook page as well.

Activities on facebook or otherwise competitions are easily classified events aswell?

I do not handle account requests of any sort, please use the Helpdesk instead!

Offline Str Pvp14

• Liked: 38 times
  • +0/-0
  • No smirking
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 10:32:37 pm »
Well, it would require lots more and I see how it could be useful, however I feel it wouldn't be necessary. Improving the game and the community should be motivation enough by itself if you enjoy playing here since it improves your own experience of it. I wouldn't have people ruining the game for me, so I report them if I think I need to --> bad player removed --> improved game experience.

if you're talking about reporting yourself and gaining EP or should i say PP from it, staff members can check their ip addresses i think... And if you think players would get rewards for reporting every single spammer in GE then, it wouldn't happen as well.
You know that auto-talkers really aren't against the rules right? It's absolutely allowed to use it on 1 second, it's just really fucking annoying: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=2.0

Personally I still think EP should be obtained from social events, I.E Fb sharing/liking and events hosted by the event team.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:00:09 pm »
>Gain access to a bunch of computers, school, library or anything like that will do
>Play emps on them, get new accounts
>Break rules significantly
>Have a friend report the offenses
>Free EP because neither of you is gonna get punished
>Switch if desired

Aside from that obvious gaping hope in this system, I fear we'll be getting a lot more false reports due to this. People would just want EP instead of actually reporting people for the right reasons. The staff team would have an increased worldload all because people are actually getting something for reporting. Considering I would actually like to play the game, that doesn't sound all that appealing to me. Sure I won't mind dealing with a few extra reports, but I don't think it'll be a few extra if we start giving people stuff for it. Sure, we may catch a few more rulebreakers. But we'll probably also have to punish a lot more people for false reporting.

I don't think people even deserve reward for it. The staff team deals with rulebreakers and bugs on a daily basis, they don't get EP for it do they? If you want some you'll have to participate in event team hosted events. I remember hosting a speedrun contest and barely getting enough entries to fill up the prizes. It's not exactly encouraging to host events if the amount of people participating is that low. Nobody has bothered to try and find the screenshot in my screenshot scavengers for a long while as well. The event team is always open to feedback, if you don't like the way events are hosted why not pm one of the members or post in the topic?

This is not the solution for the state of EP, in fact, I don't think it's a major problem. Y'all need to participate more, that is all.

You know that auto-talkers really aren't against the rules right? It's absolutely allowed to use it on 1 second, it's just really fucking annoying:
Autotalkers talking faster than 5 seconds per message are against the rules. Source: ingame rules topic. If however, the place is being spammed we won't bother picking out the ones faster as it's of no significance to the spam. If someone is using an autotalker at a place where there isn't much spam I usually tell them to turn it off since it's spamming the chat.
;

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 05:35:41 am »
I don't agree, because it's abusable and will create debates between who should get the EP and who should not and.

Finding a better, non abusable way would probably make me think again about this topic.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 10:12:36 am »
Personally I still think EP should be obtained from social events, I.E Fb sharing/liking and events hosted by the event team.

Too easy to cheat on those. What event team?

Offline En3mey

• Liked: 46 times
  • +0/-0
  • Ex-Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 12:31:21 pm »
EP = Event Points, I know you know this but we don't need this, EP must be collected in events.
I sell Graphics

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 02:56:05 pm »
The only bug you will ever be rewarded for finding is duping. That is how it has always been, and should stay like.

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 03:27:31 pm »
respect ya'll guys opinions, and got a bunch of reasonable arguments, thanks for the feedback.
locked.

Offline Zudikas95187

• +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 03:28:52 pm »
i actually like that one ;)
Pages: 1