The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
Economy fix ezpz np
« on: December 28, 2016, 01:02:45 am »
Had a quick idea while replying to the topic about fixing the economy:

For those of you who don't know back in Emps-Scape we had the issue of too much cash ingame, to combat this a 'Super rare shop' was introduced. The shop sold exclusive items which could be bought using large sums of cash. This helped get rid of the cash in the game, however players were selling their banks in order to make money and this caused some item prices to crash.

The problem we have now is that there is too much cash + items in the game. Why don't we introduce a sort of token system in which players can trade in either cash or items to receive tokens. It could be made so that 1 token = 1 Million GP traded in (for items it would take the GE price and give you the token equivalent.) These tokens should be untradeable once received.
Now the tokens could be spent in a unique shop selling fancy new items or maybe even player titles / double exp?

Example of what I mean:
>Player dumps 100m worth of items into the well(?)
>Player receives 100 tokens
>Tokens can be spent on new unique items or w/e
>Cash + items leaves the game, player gets coolio new itemio in return

The shop would be available for a limited time, a week or two? I'm interested in some other opinions, it's not an idea i've gave much thought to but I can't really see a downside.

Expansion:
There is one large problem with this idea: It taking prices from GE.
Players can easily manipulate the prices, doesn't even matter, if we set an average number of deals, before that item is accepted. You've seen those Steel dagger transfers via GE webpage tool. This can be done to basically any item.

Let me correct some of it.
This would follow Charr's initial  Dumping well idea:
  • We would have to have a whitelist of items. We can increase even their values, to make people more likely to sell them.
  • Only items will be accepted in the well.
  • Well gives tokens on each X amount dumped. Tokens can be used at the store.
  • The items in the store will be either seasonal or for limited period only. To keep them at semi-rare status, which makes them desirable.
  • In addition to tokens, the sum of the dumped item values is monitored. After each X amount reached, double xp will be activated for the next weekend.

If we allow cash deposits in the well, people won't bother sinking items. This way items would actually be bought (they could even rise in price because of this).
If we implement this, occasionally buy out items with injected cash and implement a staking tax, we'd be in a quite good situation I'd say.

Only problem would be the cosmetic items in the shop itself. They will have to be unique enough, so people wouldn't lose interest.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:58:13 am by Cjkinsey6 »
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

The following users liked this post: Callmedragon, Division66, Charr, Sir Rambo, Ameer

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Economy fix ezpz np
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 01:37:46 am »
Idgaf shit about oldschools cuz I'll never afford one but sure as hell cash sink sounds nice.

Offline Cjkinsey6

• +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 01:40:06 am »
Idgaf shit about oldschools cuz I'll never afford one but sure as hell cash sink sounds nice.

Mainly aimed at getting the very wealthy to clear out their huge cash stacks / huge collections of items.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 01:49:40 am »
Players can easily manipulate the prices, doesn't even matter, if we set an average number of deals, before that item is accepted. You've seen those Steel dagger transfers via GE webpage tool. This can be done to basically any item.

This would follow Charr's initial Dumping well idea:
  • We would have to have a whitelist of items. We can even increase their values to make people more likely to sell them.
  • Well gives tokens on each X amount dumped, which can be used at the shop.
  • The items in the shop will be either seasonal or for limited period only. This is to keep them at a semi-rare status, which makes them desirable.
  • In addition to tokens the sum of the dumped item values is monitored. After each X amount reached, double xp will be activated for the next weekend.

If we allow cash deposits in the well, people won't bother sinking items. This way items would actually be bought (they could even rise in price because of this).
If we implement this, occasionally buy out items with injected cash and implement a staking tax, we'd be in a quite good situation I'd say.

Only problem would be the cosmetic items in the shop itself. They will have to be unique enough, so people wouldn't lose interest.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 01:53:42 am by Magecrune »
The following users liked this post: Ranger 0wns, Cjkinsey6, Wg Iron

Offline Cjkinsey6

• +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 01:56:23 am »

This would follow Charr's initial  Dumping well idea:
  • We would have to have a whitelist of items. We can increase even their values, to make people more likely to sell them.
  • Well gives tokens on each X amount dumped. Tokens can be used at the store.
  • The items in the store will be either seasonal or for limited period only. To keep them at semi-rare status, which makes them desirable.
  • In addition to tokens, the sum of the dumped item values is monitored. After each X amount reached, double xp will be activated for the next weekend.

Obviously things would have to be discussed within the staff team + community to get the finer details :p I just wanted to get the general idea out there.

I completely agree with you though, i'll quote your reply and add it to the first post. I also fully support buying out items with injected cash and implementing the staking tax. A good balance of these 3 sinks should put us on a smooth path.

For the items in the shop, we could host a discussion on the forums and get a general idea of what people want to see. They do need to be worthwhile though in order to make this system work.

Offline Division66

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Keep calm and play Emps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 09:17:01 am »
This is a rather good idea. Some thoughts about this idea:

The basic of your idea is "trade" your current (stacked) items to new items, which are sold only for a limited time. As you also said in the previous comment, it is mainly aimed at those wealthy players. So I guess this will end up in a situation, that most of those new items will be in those wealthy players' hands. I think that some of these new items should be made affordable for average players too, e.g. an average player like me simply can't sink 100m worth of items for a cosmetic item.

The shop's items hasn't also been decided, but I think beside the cosmetic items, there should also be something items that would benefit skilling and combat (items that would give you a small advantage in skilling/combat). Also, there should be tradeable and untradeable items.

And, what if the wealthy player doesn't want to sink his items, and waits other to sink theirs, and then he can gain an advantage from this? I think you can't force a player to do what they don't want to do, expect if it is against the rules.

(Lel, just some thoughts. Grammar sucks, English sucks, dunno how to give constructive feedback... hope you understood what I tried to say)

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 12:59:32 pm »
i like the idea

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 01:16:13 pm »
That's pretty good.

This will definitely work as long as the rewards are sufficient. A source of dxp is always good, that's kind of a go-to thing. Auras could also be a thing, mainly ones that have to do with skilling, we already have great auras for pvm.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 01:42:54 pm »
A source of dxp is always good

Skills are an item sink for supplies -> dxp reduces the number of items sinked -> Charr thinks dis gud

What have u done to the real Charr ???
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Fund Kakare, Charr, Wg Iron

Offline Callmedragon

• Liked: 655 times
  • +1/-0
  • Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 05:27:30 am »
Ezpz lemon sqz
The following users liked this post: Cjkinsey6
Pages: 1