The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Mary

Re: double drop rates
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »
Wut about ring of wealth having a small chance to double your drop (twice the same item that is) You'd be extremely lucky to get a rare drop doubled by it then. (maybe 1 in 10, maybe 1 in 20 chance on doubling?)

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 05:50:28 pm »
Wut about ring of wealth having a small chance to double your drop (twice the same item that is) You'd be extremely lucky to get a rare drop doubled by it then. (maybe 1 in 10, maybe 1 in 20 chance on doubling?)

I believe this would be a really cool addition, but improving drop rates right now in any possible way will just further crash the prices.

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 06:12:17 pm »
I disagree with this, though I have an alternative;
Instead of having double drop rates, I'd like to see double drops -> which means the NPCs drops 2 items instead of 1.
e.g. The Zamorak boss is possible to drop 2x the same item or ofcourse 2 diffrent items. (you need to be extremely lucky to get 2x a rare drop)

This is not during double experience, this would be a nice little extra after having maintence problems

Correct me if I'm wrong, but let's say this boss has a 1% chance to drop his rare item, one person kills this boss 100 times.
So this person will get the rare item once in 100 kills, with your suggestion this will grant that person that item twice.
With the initial suggestion, the boss now has a 2% chance to drop the item, after 100 kills, this person also received the item twice.

So basically the amount of items entering the economy will remain the same, further pushing prices down. I heavily disagree.
Didn't really look at it in that optic, since I was only looking at the percentage of recieving 2 rare drops in one kill.
1% the first drop is a rare item, but then again 1% of having a second rare item, which will result into a 1% x 1% (=0.01x0.01) = 0.0001 which is equal to 0.01%
This way it would be a nice addition, but I miscalculated it and therefore it would be kinda OP.

But then again, this would be only activated when we recently had maintence problems.
Nowadays we either get free Membership or Double experience as a compensation, but since the weekends still have these extras they aren't anything special anymore.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Mary

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 07:07:26 pm »

I believe this would be a really cool addition, but improving drop rates right now in any possible way will just further crash the prices.
Yeah, it's been rolling around in my mind for a few weeks already, but never bothered to make a topic about adding ring of wealth like this. You'd have to trade off damage by equipping this then, but it is kinda useful ;)

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 07:22:25 pm »
I still think it would be cool to just have the ring have a low chance to increase the drop rate of very rare items from monsters :p
Rare drop tables just make things confusing :p

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Mary

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 07:24:39 pm »
I still think it would be cool to just have the ring have a low chance to increase the drop rate of very rare items from monsters :p
Rare drop tables just make things confusing :p
That's not what i suggested... That's how the wealth ring works in rs, not how it's gonna work in Emps. It would double every 10th drop or something automatically, without adding some rare drop table.

Increase droprates is hard, as that means the lower value droprates should be decreased simutaneously, which could result in some problems.. And it would take away the randomness luck really.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »
I know that's not what you suggested, it's just what I thought it should be. :p
I can see how this would create problems though.
What if somebody gets like a double rod drop ._.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 07:37:21 pm »
What if somebody gets like a double rod drop ._.

Then he gets a double rod drop.

Offline Simonyoda3

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 08:00:42 pm »

Yeah, it's been rolling around in my mind for a few weeks already, but never bothered to make a topic about adding ring of wealth like this. You'd have to trade off damage by equipping this then, but it is kinda useful ;)

It would be cool to have a 1/10 or 1/20 chance of double loot in addition to the fact that the ring of wealth crumbles to dust after 10, or maybe even less, uses (uses as in when it procced and actually doubled the loot). This should make the price of dragonstones go up, instead of just everyone using the same ring of wealth over and over again.

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 08:12:18 pm »

It would be cool to have a 1/10 or 1/20 chance of double loot in addition to the fact that the ring of wealth crumbles to dust after 10, or maybe even less, uses (uses as in when it procced and actually doubled the loot). This should make the price of dragonstones go up, instead of just everyone using the same ring of wealth over and over again.
This would be great actually!

I've suggested this to Thomy about a month or two ago. He replied "Increasing the 'luck' or droprate of something is quite hard to code."
I'm not sure if making a double drop of something is easier to code, my guess is that it should be easier :)

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Mary

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 08:29:07 pm »

This would be great actually!

I've suggested this to Thomy about a month or two ago. He replied "Increasing the 'luck' or droprate of something is quite hard to code."
I'm not sure if making a double drop of something is easier to code, my guess is that it should be easier :)
Yeah hence i changed it to doubling the drop, which shouldn't be hard to do. And I also was thinking about a limited amount of charges aswell.

Offline Hmm2

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • アニメが大好きです
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 11:27:28 pm »
Instead of having double drop rates, I'd like to see double drops -> which means the NPCs drops 2 items instead of 1.
e.g. The Zamorak boss is possible to drop 2x the same item or ofcourse 2 diffrent items. (you need to be extremely lucky to get 2x a rare drop)

This is not during double experience, this would be a nice little extra after having maintence problems

Correct me if I'm wrong, but let's say this boss has a 1% chance to drop his rare item, one person kills this boss 100 times.
So this person will get the rare item once in 100 kills, with your suggestion this will grant that person that item twice.
With the initial suggestion, the boss now has a 2% chance to drop the item, after 100 kills, this person also received the item twice.

So basically the amount of items entering the economy will remain the same, further pushing prices down. I heavily disagree.
i don't think the number of kills you get will guarantee a drop, it is just that every kill has a 1% chance of rare drop, which means that even if you killed 100 or even 300 you might not get the drop.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 11:37:29 pm »

I don't think that you know how maths works. You could do 1000 kills of the said monster and get nothing. Think it this way: every kill has 99% chance of not dropping the item.

Mary

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 11:37:29 pm »

i don't think the number of kills you get will guarantee a drop, it is just that every kill has a 1% chance of rare drop, which means that even if you killed 100 or even 300 you might not get the drop.
True, but it can also be the other way round: I got a glory t drop the first KQ kill for example.
It's just a chance of 1 in 100, not a guaranteed drop.

Offline Zeepleeuw

• Liked: 251 times
  • +0/-0
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 11:50:06 pm »
Yes! More adamant full helms! Please fix Some drops first before implementing this. Id like to have good drops and not just all Lets say.. Less good ones like addy skirts
Master of the order of the Doge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4&

player moderator since 22/12/2015
game moderator since 11/03/2016
Pages: 1 2 3