The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
Daily Tasks
« on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:03 am »
    In my opinion, there should be some changes to the Daily Task system, since changing it would make it better and more stable.

• Farming - The tasks, ask you to farm the seeds in the first stage which aren't fair compared to combat tasks which you need to literally kill the monster and not just touch it, it should be counted as by picking amounts of herbs.
    • Hunter and Thieving tasks - should be added.
    • Mining - rune essence should be added.
    • Smithing - Smithing astral runes.

Would make the Daily Tasks slightly better.
The following users liked this post: Tumemust

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Tasks
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 09:42:12 am »
The runecrafting tasks you get for your level also need a look. Astrals should be a runecrafting task. Combat tasks should get a better reward. A system for cancelling or blocking certain tasks would also be nice. More stuff in the EP shop would be nice as well since it directly improves the reward from daily tasks.
;

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 10:52:34 am »
    In my opinion, there should be some changes to the Daily Task system, since changing it would make it better and more stable.

• Farming - The tasks, ask you to farm the seeds in the first stage which aren't fair compared to combat tasks which you need to literally kill the monster and not just touch it, it should be counted as by picking amounts of herbs.
    • Hunter and Thieving tasks - should be added.
    • Mining - rune essence should be added.
    • Smithing - Smithing astral runes.

Would make the Daily Tasks slightly better.

Astrals should be a runecrafting task because technically it's still RC...
Mining rune essence would be a nice addition, I agree with that.
Farming tasks should be reworked also, just planting the seeds is not giving you anything, I myself don't do farming tasks that many, but it should be reworked a bit.
Thieving tasks would be a nice addition, but I don't see really the point, maybe master farmer tasks, then you actually gain something.
Hunter tasks should be chinchompas nothing else, as this skill has no major effect in the game. At lvl 99 Hunter the task should be like catch 50 red chinchompas, then it would be an awesome feature and could get more of those red squirrels into the game.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Skill0wzer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:04:19 am »
The runecrafting tasks you get for your level also need a look. Astrals should be a runecrafting task. Combat tasks should get a better reward. A system for cancelling or blocking certain tasks would also be nice. More stuff in the EP shop would be nice as well since it directly improves the reward from daily tasks.
What would you recommend to be added into EP shop?
Canceling tasks should have some negative effect as well, but I assume you meant that as well.
King of Empsland

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:13:39 am »
What would you recommend to be added into EP shop?
Perhaps I'll write a topic about it.

Canceling tasks should have some negative effect as well
Like what?
;

Offline Skill0wzer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 11:48:30 am »
Like what?

Perhaps by canceling 5 tasks you lose 1 EP, I was thinking as well exp loss, but that is too harsh and pointless.
King of Empsland

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 01:09:18 pm »
I don't know what to think of farming tasks. On one hand they can be completed instantly, however if we would change them, they would last 20/60 minutes, which is too long for such a minor task imo.

Hunter tasks should be added. There's quite a lot of variation in its content, so they wouldn't get as lackluster.

Thieving: I would have nothing against it.

Rune essence tasks would be fine for players with low mining, but they'd be quite annoying imo. I'd rather not have them.

Runecrafting: As Charr already mentioned, rc tasks should be different. Rune multiplication levels shouldn't count, because getting basic rune tasks at high levels is simply frustrating.
I do agree on Astral runes: this is also the place where rune ess mining comes in, because that combination is the only right way to make them.

The worst problem daily tasks currently have is the reward shop. I personally quit doing them as soon as double xp scrolls were removed. Don't get me wrong, auras can be useful, however they're not enough to keep the shop viable. I currently have no suggestions towards actual items that could be added though.

I like the task removal system idea, but Skill0wzer, the negative effect is unnecessary. You already lose a task if you choose to remove one. Since you get a maximum of 2-3 per day, I'd say it's quite significant. We could add a small cash cost to it though.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer

Offline Skill0wzer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 08:30:53 pm »
The worst problem daily tasks currently have is the reward shop. I personally quit doing them as soon as double xp scrolls were removed. Don't get me wrong, auras can be useful, however they're not enough to keep the shop viable. I currently have no suggestions towards actual items that could be added though.

I like the task removal system idea, but Skill0wzer, the negative effect is unnecessary. You already lose a task if you choose to remove one. Since you get a maximum of 2-3 per day, I'd say it's quite significant. We could add a small cash cost to it though.

The shop is the biggest issue at the moment in my opinion. I'm doing only slayer tasks as I get some additional slayer exp from it and I love it because slayer is undoubtably one of the slowest skills. Thus additional experience is a nice feature. Maybe focus should be there not necessarily the rewards, although, for them who have already 250m experience, I have nothing to suggest at the moment. So we still need to suggest and discuss what should be added to the shop, which makes people really grind for tasks, not necessarily grind but still do as part of the daily process.

I agree with money cost for canceling the tasks, losing money is also negative effect, but if you really do not want to make those rune bolts, then additional 100k payment saves you frustration and time.
King of Empsland

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 06:44:08 am »
Coloring top hats for EP :kappa:

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017

Offline Land Rover 1

• Liked: 59 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran since 2008! Maxed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 10:53:30 am »
For the Event Points shop improvement, you can make another topic,  this topic is about the Daily Tasks only, and thanks for your feedbacks.

Offline Gajeel

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 08:16:22 am »
Blocking tasks can be done, for example if you dont want to get rc task you can block them by not completing the last one
which guarantees the next tasks you get wont be rc, this can be done to get tasks for certain skills by blocking 7-9 other skills.
Another problem I saw charr mention somewhere before is the fletching tasks,  the fletch darts/arrows/bolts tasks are to long and grindy and require a lot of preparation, I would like to see them removed/changed.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 07:53:38 am »
Worth it :trihard:

Offline Roland

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
  • Mumu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 10:39:01 am »
Agreed! :trihard:

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 04:25:08 pm »
I'm all for your suggestions, especially herblore as picking herbs i find would be a lot better,

the fletch darts/arrows/bolts tasks are to long and grindy and require a lot of preparation, I would like to see them removed/changed.

I disagree purely because levelling fletching was my favourite skill to do all aspects of it
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Pages: 1