The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Fladamax

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps player since 2010
    • View Profile
Couple ideas...
« on: October 30, 2017, 03:09:00 am »
    Firemaking

• For now firemaking has no use in game and is kinda waste of logs to do that skill. Only reason why people keep doing it is to get maxed or they just have firemaking daily tasks. So what if sometimes doing firemaking you get some sort of a key to unlock a chest and try your luck on getting a reward?
    • Also adding logs into 1 fire would be neat and then there wont be so many fire's in Grand Exchange all the time... Its getting little annoying when you accidentally pick up ashes in GE. Also it would be nice to be around 1 fire with couple friends and do some firemaking

Woodcutting

• Wood cutting is one of those skills that is decent for money but very boring to do... I mean people rather do fishing than woodcutting even when raw mantas are 2k each and magic logs are 3k each. Fishing is better because of caskets. Then why not change "crushed nest" with "Bird's nest" and when you open it you get crushed nest and couple seeds... and this nest should have a rare drop kinda like caskets. Maby wings that look like branches with leaves or something. I think this idea is from runescape but Im not sure because i dont play it.

Fishing

• Fishing really does not need much but maby rocktail's? They heal as much as mantas but they can heal up to 115 hitpoints kinda like saradomin brews.

New pet

• There are plenty of pets already but maby add as a drop or just quest where we can get pet that would eat anything. Idea would be that his name will be changed to what ever he ate last. That would be one way to decrease amount of items in the game. Would be funny to see a pet named "Armadyl godsword" for example. Probably not too many people will feed expensive items to their pet but still some will do it. I know I stole that one from runescape
    • Also General Graardor is the only Godwars boss that has no pet.

New boss idea?

• I heard people talking about queen black dragon. I would personally like to see custom bosses. Ones that we never seen before. Not even in runescape but i assume that would be much more difficult to do. But queen black dragon would be cool aswell. What should she drop then? Maby dragon kiteshield will be a thing?

More cosmetics?

• We have so much custom cosmetics and I love it. We dont really need much more but I wish we had "White Abyssal Dye" "Lime Abyssal Dye" and "Pink Abyssal Dye" Steel is actually kinda white but still if I look at the santa hats then steel and white santas are way different :)
    The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf, S Clegane, Bluesunrunne

Offline For Freedom

• Liked: 78 times
    • +0/-0
    • Cheese will never be free, only in trap for rats.
      • View Profile
    Re: Couple ideas...
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 02:56:27 pm »
    New pet

• There are plenty of pets already but maby add as a drop or just quest where we can get pet that would eat anything. Idea would be that his name will be changed to what ever he ate last. That would be one way to decrease amount of items in the game. Would be funny to see a pet named "Armadyl godsword" for example. Probably not too many people will feed expensive items to their pet but still some will do it. I know I stole that one from runescape
    • Also General Graardor is the only Godwars boss that has no pet.
    There's already over 20 pets, I think adding new pet kinda useless, not sure, but I think noone has all pets that is in game. However having a new pet always satisfying.

Offline Fladamax

• Liked: 18 times
    • +0/-0
    • Emps player since 2010
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 04:30:10 pm »
    There's already over 20 pets, I think adding new pet kinda useless, not sure, but I think noone has all pets that is in game. However having a new pet always satisfying.
    Idea is not just to have another pet but make it so you can feed him any item in game and the name of a item he last ate will be his new name as long as you feed hin something else. Its just a funny way to get some items out of the game. Something similar to a "Baby troll" in Runescape

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 05:34:26 pm »
    https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16807.0 this
    https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=19472.0 and this
    https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=12439.0 and this
    https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=20058.0 and this
    https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=6032.0 and this
    https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=12357.0 and this

These were the ingredients to be chosen to create a perfect Emps-World. But experiment went wrong and someone spilled chemical X.(Boom!) That's how we got here.  :o

On-topic:
    With all do respect, sir, do check what was suggested at least from two pages (doesn't have to be all suggestions through history here) and attempt to make effort for more detailed suggestion and its purpose in Emps-World.

Here's what's wrong in my eyes here.
    - Firemaking:
    Bonfires were suggested by Charr not so long ago which got decent amount of positive feedback(in which case even though at first I disagreed now I'm all in for it) and is related to firemaking.
    - Woodcutting:
    So you know it - I suggested that myself just from other account. Although I think I had positive feedback as well, I don't see it ing tho. I'm not sad - it could be in future perhaps. Thanks for bringing up the thing - just be more creative on idea. Casual bird's nest filled with gem and seed loot won't last long if they were to be untradeable as those from OSRS and RS3.
    - Rocktails:
    Now that Nex is out I think best focus should be on catching fury sharks at slow rates with around 90 fishing and can be cooked at 95 cooking instead of releasing new item ing, of course, if catching rates would turn out to be twice as slow as mantas then they wouldn't crash that much in price either.
    - New pets:
    For Graador not having pet - I agree it sounds just awful. This would really be side-kicker for you to do more Bandos besides Bandos armour or hilt. Also, would be neat to have GWD pets have chat screen as slayer pets/corp pet do while we are at it.
    - Cosmetics:
    If something were to be released - please no cosmetics. Charr is already having issues with bank space. If more cosmetics were to be put in game - I wouldn't mind seeing mahogany chest working inside POH(Player Owned Houses).

It's nice that some players still bring valuable things in front page. Keep it up, man. Appreciated it :)
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:40:34 pm by Wg »

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
    • +0/-0
    • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 05:46:55 pm »
    Don't listen to Wg bitching, he has no credibility around this place.

Thanks for taking your time to post this and love the way you laid everything out without too many excessive words.
    I do have a problem with a couple of your ideas tho. Burning keys out of logs seems a bit random to be honest. And i don't see the need for more pets/cosmetics or bosses in that matter. There are tens of pets, even more cosmetics and 16(!) different bosses. I'm sure you can knock yourself out by killing em all.

Interestingly enough bird's nests have been things i've waited for the longest but for some reason Thomy hasn't got around to those yet. Probably because there are already enough ways to obtain seeds/gems. We probably can't get around bonfires in the future but in my opinion they should need very high level requirements and be limited to certain places only.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
    King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
    King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
    The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187, Earl, Tomtim1, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Hi Im Ethan

• Liked: 433 times
    • +0/-0
    • Paragraph Warrior
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 05:57:04 pm »
    Also adding logs into 1 fire would be neat and then there wont be so many fire's in Grand Exchange all the time
    Always seems like there is a big split between adding bonfires. I would personally like to see it, but people have argued against it due to the simplicity of firemaking and how much "easier" bonfires would make the skill as a result.

I'm not quite sure how bonfires differ from regular firemaking xp-wise (if they give the full xp or not and how fast it is, I just briefly looked into it), but we could possibly balance bonfires more by making them give slightly less xp compared to making regular fires. If burning yew logs gives you 1,421 xp regularly, then using them on a bonfire could give perhaps 90% of that, only 1,279 xp. This means that burning an inventory of 27 yews regularly would yield 38,367 xp but using the other 26 on a bonfire would only give you 34,675 xp. This percentage of course can change to make the difference more noticeable.

There are plenty of pets already but maby add as a drop or just quest where we can get pet that would eat anything. Idea would be that his name will be changed to what ever he ate last. That would be one way to decrease amount of items in the game.
    I don't really think this pet would be very popular unless people with a surplus of expensive items are willing to toss them away for this kind of novelty. The mechanic would've been interesting to see on Muncher as a way to get skulls IMO, but I think it's too late into the event to make it happen and it probably has ways to be taken advantage of.

Also General Graardor is the only Godwars boss that has no pet
    Now that Nex has a pet as well, Graardor is kind of left in the dust. I personally am not that crazy over pet drops, they're not particularly appealing to me, but a lot of other players seem to enjoy them. It'd probably have to fit in with the bird theme that the rest of the GWD bosses have else it would seem out of place.

We have so much custom cosmetics and I love it. We dont really need much more but I wish we had "White Abyssal Dye" "Lime Abyssal Dye" and "Pink Abyssal Dye"
    Only color here that I agree with is white. Don't think lime or pink would look particularly nice IMO. I think we have enough cosmetics as is though.

Rest I don't really have too much of an opinion on. If we introduce more reward sources for woodcutting/firemaking then the rewards have to make it worthwhile. We just got new drop sources for fury sharks too, so I'd rather see that being expanded before adding another high-tier food like rocktails.

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
    • +0/-0
    • :3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 06:26:11 pm »
    we dont need rocktails when we have fury sharks, although they cant be fished, but that has been suggested before, so it might be a thing.
    "Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:
    The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan, S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 06:36:23 pm »
    Wouldn't mind rocktails and actually adding the whole Living Rock Cavern would be nice I suppose.

They would need to be slightly worse than fury sharks though because you can't fish them. Maybe add overhealing to fury sharks instead? Let them heal over 99 a bit. By 5 perhaps?
    Rocktails would heal the same amount but you can't over heal with them.

Bird's nests with eggs - a simple no thanks from me. I think it's really useless. Current system works like a charm imho and the rate of nests was buffed recently.

As for the boss idea I believe Thomy has something in mind currently as he's planning on adding 6 new weapons. He talks about that in the latest patch notes might want to check that out.
    The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Iron 69

• Liked: 181 times
    • +0/-0
    • :3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 02:35:33 pm »
    Wouldn't mind rocktails and actually adding the whole Living Rock Cavern would be nice I suppose.

They would need to be slightly worse than fury sharks though because you can't fish them. Maybe add overhealing to fury sharks instead? Let them heal over 99 a bit. By 5 perhaps?
    Rocktails would heal the same amount but you can't over heal with them.

Bird's nests with eggs - a simple no thanks from me. I think it's really useless. Current system works like a charm imho and the rate of nests was buffed recently.

As for the boss idea I believe Thomy has something in mind currently as he's planning on adding 6 new weapons. He talks about that in the latest patch notes might want to check that out.

Twisted bow inc soon :kappa:
    "Ayyy lmao" - thats what I said :kappa:
    The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
    • +0/-0
    • -
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 09:46:16 pm »
    we dont need rocktails when we have fury sharks, although they cant be fished, but that has been suggested before, so it might be a thing.
    it's not about whether we need them or not. It's about having alternatives between manta rays and fury sharks, since rocktails would be worse than fury sharks but still better than mantas.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
    • +0/-0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 06:42:12 am »
    it's not about whether we need them or not. It's about having alternatives between manta rays and fury sharks, since rocktails would be worse than fury sharks but still better than mantas.
    Read suggestion again. He said rocktail wouldn't differ much from mantas in terms of how many hitpoints it heals. Only alternative thing would be - if it were to heal like brew but that would crash fury sharks and brews. Fury sharks heals more already if full inventory were counted what more could you need?

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
    • +0/-0
    • -
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 07:59:04 pm »
    Read suggestion again. He said rocktail wouldn't differ much from mantas in terms of how many hitpoints it heals. Only alternative thing would be - if it were to heal like brew but that would crash fury sharks and brews. Fury sharks heals more already if full inventory were counted what more could you need?
    you make ABSOLUTELY no god damn sense. it's almost impossible not to curse reading nonsense replies such as yours. i said it'd be nice to have alternatives to fury sharks and manta rays (something in between).
    Jesus christ.
    Pages: 1