The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Clue scrolls & bank space
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »
With the introduction of clue scrolls, the bank space we have seems to be lacking.

To elaborate; we have a maximum of 900 bank spaces, if you're a main that PvMs it's easy to fill at least half that space with supplies and PvMing gear. If you're a skiller, 1-3 tabs should be occupied by skilling materials. If you enjoy collecting cosmetic items you'll most likely have 2-3 tabs full of them. Another tab can be filled by the cosmetic items from shops alone. You could easily fill all those 900 bank spaces before clue scrolls, even if you didn't keep junk around.

That's not even mentioning all the bloody skillcapes/combicapes/200mcapes we have.

With the introduction of clue scrolls however, some junk items are necessary to complete certain steps, items like green d'hide and mithril sets suddenly are something you should keep in your bank if you wanna get through these clues as fast as possible. I don't know the list of required items, but it could easily occupy a single tab.

Clue scrolls also introduced a lot of new items. There are 163 new items from clue scroll rewards, not counting the clue scrolls themselves, we simply don't have the space to collect these however. It's also incredibly inconvenient to constantly transfer around items. We have 900 bank spaces, but we need more.

First up, adding more bank space is an easy solution, having more tabs locked behind membership isn't too terrible. We could use another 3-5 tabs. Though this may be difficult to do, so I'm gonna list potential other solutions as well.
  • Storing potions per single dose and being able to take them out however you want (saves 30 or more bank slots on anyone PvMing)
  • Removing minigame currencies as an item and adding them to the account itself (saves a few bank slots and would make minigame highscores easier to create)
  • Item sets (potentially saves 100s of bank slots)
  • Hidey holes - these are storage spaces near the locations of clue scrolls where you can store items required for the clue scroll steps completed at that location, you can only store the specific items used for the step there (taken from OSRS)
  • Special storage for cosmetic items - The costume room in the player owned house is a good example of this, we could have one in banks until construction is out
  • Cosmetic override - being able to add/remove cosmetic items to your character and selecting which ones are displayed (rs3 has this, wouldn't work in wilderness)
If anyone has other ideas I'd like to hear them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:03:44 pm by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Level Down

Offline Level Down

• Liked: 16 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Clue scrolls & bank space
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 03:59:49 pm »
I love this idea, i collect alot of cosmetics to and my bank is full of them almost no space for skilling supplies.
Making sets cubes like in real rs would save alot of storage

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »
Or simply stop hoarding useless shit. RS3 has less bank space and I dont see ppl complaining. You can always buy stuff like mithril sets from stores in the same time as you could withdraw them from a bank.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 04:49:22 pm »
Or simply stop hoarding useless shit. RS3 has less bank space and I dont see ppl complaining. You can always buy stuff like mithril sets from stores in the same time as you could withdraw them from a bank.
RS3 has a maximum of 1121 bank spaces. 221 more than us, would make up for the clue scroll rewards and some if not most of the required items.

RS3 has construction, which allows you to store any clue scroll reward, a crap ton of armours, a major amount of capes, any holiday rewards and a bunch of cosmetics too. The costume room potentially saves you well over 200 bank spaces. I'm not too knowledgable on RS3, but I doubt this is the only feature they have to save bank space.

Buying a mithril set from the store is a slight detour to the bank in barbarian village. It loses you a couple seconds and a mithril platebody every time you do this (since I assume you aren't gonna keep it). However some of the 'junk items' since as green d'hide aren't available from shops. Should you quickly kill a few dragons and make the armour every time you get a clue for them? Obviously not.
;

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 06:27:11 pm »
I wouldn't add extra bank spaces but I think it would be a nice idea to add item sets and hidey holes.

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 06:48:01 pm »
I agree with the lack of space. As a collector I've been experiencing it for a long time.

Easiest way to expand it would be creating a second bank account. It's done in real life, so why not in Emps. Easy 900 new bank slots.

The potion idea itself is interesting, however I don't think it's needed. If you store potions with just 3 and 4 doses, you're already saving a lot of space. Your suggestion is unnecessary and probably hard to implement. It's just not worth it.
Having armour sets is a great idea though. I don't like how they work in rs though. I would like to see sets, which you can pack/unpack yourself (would work the same as other combined items do right now). The only restrictions to that would be wilderness and other combat related actions (could be disabled while in combat for example).
How exactly would the cosmetic item room work? Can you just store 1 set or multiple pieces? If it's just 1, it wouldn't help tbh. Anyway this would take a while to implement due to construction's absence.

I don't agree with the other suggestions.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 08:27:07 pm »
Easiest way to expand it would be creating a second bank account. It's done in real life, so why not in Emps. Easy 900 new bank slots.
Multilogging and transferring every time you want to use one of those cosmetics or wish to store one is inconvenient.

The potion idea itself is interesting, however I don't think it's needed. If you store potions with just 3 and 4 doses, you're already saving a lot of space. Your suggestion is unnecessary and probably hard to implement. It's just not worth it.
Probably not worth the implementation, no. Considering I like dumping my leftover supplies in one click, just 3 and 4 dose storage isn't worth the inconvenience for me.[/quote]

Having armour sets is a great idea though. I don't like how they work in rs though. I would like to see sets, which you can pack/unpack yourself (would work the same as other combined items do right now). The only restrictions to that would be wilderness and other combat related actions (could be disabled while in combat for example).
Fine by me.

How exactly would the cosmetic item room work? Can you just store 1 set or multiple pieces? If it's just 1, it wouldn't help tbh.
In RS it's just one, but it shouldn't be that difficult to allow multiple. Even with one, it would still allow you to collect sets. You just wouldn't be able to collect multiple, it's already a step in the right direction.
;

Offline Magecrune

• Liked: 425 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 09:00:55 pm »
Multilogging and transferring every time you want to use one of those cosmetics or wish to store one is inconvenient.
You misunderstood me.

What I meant was that it's all done in the same account. However you have 2 banks (reference to irl bank accounts).
Basically when you interact with bankers or use counters/deposit boxes etc, you can access both bank1 and bank2.
The following users liked this post: Charr, Level Down

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 09:15:25 pm »
You misunderstood me.

What I meant was that it's all done in the same account. However you have 2 banks (reference to irl bank accounts).
Basically when you interact with bankers or use counters/deposit boxes etc, you can access both bank1 and bank2.
Holy shit you're a genius
;
The following users liked this post: Themarfish

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 03:19:13 pm »
OR we could just remove 4/5 of  the different versions of certain new items that look practically the same to save 60 item spaces...

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 03:44:43 pm »
OR we could just remove 4/5 of  the different versions of certain new items that look practically the same to save 60 item spaces...
I'm not against this, but I don't mind if it stays this way either. Costume room would work for this just fine though.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 07:39:06 pm »
I'm not against this, but I don't mind if it stays this way either. Costume room would work for this just fine though.

Construction pls! :batman:

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 02:58:58 pm »
You misunderstood me.

That sounds like an interesting idea... Maybe offering the ability to purchase additional bank accounts? Resulting in being able to have infinitely many banks. Though, this may result in a bad overall item deposit system. Your searches will be limited and you have to maintain different versions of your bank.

I rather just add more bank tabs to support bank searches and tab layouts.

Offline Reporter007

• Liked: 35 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 03:09:48 pm »
You misunderstood me.

That sounds like an interesting idea... Maybe offering the ability to purchase additional bank accounts? Resulting in being able to have infinitely many banks. Though, this may result in a bad overall item deposit system. Your searches will be limited and you have to maintain different versions of your bank.

Just do the same thing as with GE. Normal players have the current amount  of tabs and members get 3-5 extra.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 03:10:48 pm »
;
Pages: 1 2