The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Joneski122

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Clue scrolls
« on: May 26, 2016, 07:14:10 pm »
So, i was watching some Runescape streamers, and thought, why don't we have clue scrolls yet?
For someone who doesn't know what that is, clue scroll is a rare drop from various of monsters; it's basically like a mini quest, that gives you 1-10 tasks you need to complete.
They have 4 different levels (easy, medium, hard and elite), each having different tasks and rewards.
Tasks can involve following maps, solving puzzles, finding coordinates and talking to various npc's and fighting monsters.
At the end you receive a casket which contains your reward. This is usually 3 or more randomly selected items, you can get a lot of random stuff from raw lobsters to very rare and expensive items. (In Rs these are 3rd age items, worth approximately 100m-2b each)
As 3rd age might not be a very good idea for that super rare reward, i thought dragon (g) or (sp) kits would be kinda cool.
As for some less rarer rewards i would suggest taking a few items out if minigames and putting them into the clue droptable(for example gilded or god d'hides) since not many players really play the minigame just to get them. Also some cosmetics like canes, animal masks etc.
For me personally, the game has started to become a bit boring since new stuff isn't coming out that often, so this would offer me and many more players with the same struggle something to do for a very long time. :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:54:19 pm by Joneski122 »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Clue scrolls
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 07:29:07 pm »
The majority of rs' clue scroll rewards are already obtainable ingame. Finding a proper reward table for them is something nobody's done yet and I doubt anyone will. Without proper rewards, clue scrolls will be dead content in a matter of a few days, that's not worth the development time put into it. I myself do not like clue scrolls, utilizing them efficiently would mean you get interrupted with whatever you're doing as soon as you get one. It would get quite annoying, especially if you don't get a good reward. This is not RS, take that into account when you suggest things and adapt your suggestion accordingly.

Clue scrolls have been suggested so many times, yet nobody has suggested them properly. It's still a no from me. It might even be time to put them on the 'what not to suggest' list.

There is plenty of stuff to do. There may not be enough stuff you like doing, if this is the case I suggest you try new things. Getting maxed is something a lot of players still haven't done. Pking is something you can pretty much do infinitely. There most likely is content you haven't yet done, feel free to try it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:57:28 pm by Charr »
;

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:40:35 pm »
The majority of rs' clue scroll rewards are already obtainable ingame. Finding a proper reward table for them is something nobody's done yet and I doubt anyone will. Without proper rewards, clue scrolls will be dead content in a matter of a few days, that's not worth the development time put into it. I myself do not like clue scrolls, utilizing them efficiently would mean you get interrupted with whatever you're doing as soon as you get one. It would get quite annoying, especially if you don't get a good reward. This is not RS, take that into account when you suggest things and adapt your suggestion accordingly.

Clue scrolls have been suggested so many times, yet nobody has suggested them properly. It's still a no from me. It might even be time to put them on the 'what not to suggest' list.

There is plenty of stuff to do. There may not be enough stuff you like doing, if this is the case I suggest you try new things. Getting maxed is something a lot of players still haven't done. Pking is something you can pretty much do infinitely. There most likely is content you haven't yet done, feel free to try it.
Let me correct you, I also suggested it long ago, it was in details pretty much, and, if you haven't got very good memory, it got many positive feedback, yet nothing seems to get done and locked by yours truly, Charr. Still Agree.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 11:57:36 pm »
Let me correct you, I also suggested it long ago, it was in details pretty much, and, if you haven't got very good memory, it got many positive feedback, yet nothing seems to get done and locked by yours truly, Charr. Still Agree.
At no point did I state that there was no positive feedback for them. That's mainly what they've recieved, the idea of clue scrolls is generally liked. The fact that it's being suggested yet again confirms that.

What you are trying to 'correct' here is an opinion. This is my opinion, it's nothing more and nothing less than that.
I myself do not like clue scrolls, utilizing them efficiently would mean you get interrupted with whatever you're doing as soon as you get one. It would get quite annoying, especially if you don't get a good reward.

I've tried to state why nothing gets done. Rewards; they make or break the entire content. If the rewards are not worth going for, clue scrolls will be dead content and thus not worth developing. My point still stands, nobody has suggested them properly. This meaning nobody has suggested a full reward table that would make clue scrolls balanced and something people will want to do.

Your topic: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=13747.0
The main point of criticism on your topic (it being the only one with the writer putting some effort into writing out the rewards) were the rewards.
  • A number of them were custom and would take a large amount of time to implement. Which, for content that isn't going to be very big, isn't worth putting the time into.
  • The higher-tier clues in your suggestion also had way too high amounts of high level skilling materials. This was to the point where clue scrolls themselves would devalue them.
  • Most of your rewards were already existing in the crystal key chest. These rewards should simply be moved from the crystal chest according to your suggestion. Effectively ruining crystal keys and putting rewards into clue scrolls that people already have doesn't make them attractive. It also effectively kills off the crystal key chest as the rewards from it would suck even more.
Your topic was not edited in any way shape or form to adapt to this criticism. My memory is completely fine, I remember what was wrong with the topics suggesting them.

Your topic on clue scrolls was locked because of digging. Digging (bringing the same topic back up after a month has passed) is against the rules. The staff team was simply doing it's job on that part.

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=10489
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=8888.0
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=1674.0
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=16809
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=14927
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=10033.0
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=12040

All of these topics do not contain a proper reward table for clue scrolls. This is the exact problem I'm trying to adress.

It pains me that despite the countless suggestion topics for clue scrolls that nobody has been able to write a proper one, nor improve their suggestion from the criticism and feedback that they got. I'm also not too fond of having to explain this to you at 2 in the bloody morning.

Good night.
;

Offline Triangle Dot

• Liked: 39 times
  • +0/-0
  • Every Day new Goal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 09:45:07 am »

• The higher-tier clues in your suggestion also had way too high amounts of high level skilling materials. This was to the point where clue scrolls themselves would devalue them.

Probably, this is why most likely, you were annoyed by my suggestion. Feedback can be used to get better reward tables as well. Emps Dev team develops it, Staff Team can change the reward tables, easily. None the less, I think Daily tasks are good replacement for clues, in my opinion, for now, even tho I quitted and haven't played to try them on, only seen in updates.
Pages: 1