The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Clanchat
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 01:25:55 pm »
"Thomy" clan chat is main centre to get players together. Charr mentioned before in another suggestion very good argument that seperating it in any way would only destroy the community itself.
Instead of taking what I said and putting it in a different context how about you make up your own arguments?

It would benefit us to have people speak the same language, but forcing them to is not a viable option.
This sums up the whole thing perfectly. Would it be beneficial if everyone spoke one language? Yes. Enforcing it is completely a different thing and giving mutes for speaking different language than english would be beyond stupid.
People who do not speak english at all or very little may speak three other languages perfectly but sadly english is not one of them.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 01:29:50 pm »
"Thomy" clan chat is main centre to get players together. Charr mentioned before in another suggestion very good argument that seperating it in any way would only destroy the community itself.
Instead of taking what I said and putting it in a different context how about you make up your own arguments?

It would benefit us to have people speak the same language, but forcing them to is not a viable option.
Instead of replying non-sense maybe offer something better to game, Charr?

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 01:40:49 pm »
Instead of replying non-sense maybe offer something better to game, Charr?
Maybe you should offer something to improve the game instead of replying nonsense.
Nonsense? You took something I said and put it in a completely different context, you put my name on it so I felt the need to point that out. I wouldn't have if you didn't put my name there. I'm not quite sure why you think that post is nonsense. I'm pretty sure I summed up this whole topic in a decent way in my last post.

Maybe you shouldn't try to escalate this.

;

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 03:00:51 pm »
I don't think you guys understood what I was implying, let me make it clear if that's the case.

With different language channels, people are welcome to choose which ever channel that befits the language that they would like to speak. They are not forced in anyway to speak English only...

For example... say I'm a Estonian player that would like to speak my language. I can switch to the channel to what ever Estonian people speak and speak using my language there. Best part about having different channels is that you won't see other languages other than the channel that you're on. (With the exception of staff for moderation purposes)

If you can speak multiple languages, Thomy can simply add a international channel where players can speak with all languages for players that want that. I believe everyone would be happy under these conditions.

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 03:20:19 pm »
I don't think you guys understood what I was implying, let me make it clear if that's the case.

With different language channels, people are welcome to choose which ever channel that befits the language that they would like to speak. They are not forced in anyway to speak English only...

For example... say I'm a Estonian player that would like to speak my language. I can switch to the channel to what ever Estonian people speak and speak using my language there. Best part about having different channels is that you won't see other languages other than the channel that you're on. (With the exception of staff for moderation purposes)

If you can speak multiple languages, Thomy can simply add a international channel where players can speak with all languages for players that want that. I believe everyone would be happy under these conditions.
First of all that's completely irrelevant to what corne suggested. 2nd of all you can already create your own clanchat and name it whatever you want.. If you're an estonian and want an estonian clanchat then go ahead and make one. Why would you need Thomy to do that for you ???

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 03:26:37 pm »

The only difference would be that staff would have more places to be at once, no thanks.
;

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 04:03:52 pm »

First of all that's completely irrelevant to what corne suggested. 2nd of all you can already create your own clanchat and name it whatever you want.. If you're an estonian and want an estonian clanchat then go ahead and make one. Why would you need Thomy to do that for you ???
I completely understand, but some people would just like to speak to other Estonian players without going out of there way to create/leave a clan. Players shouldn't be forced to create/leave a clan just to chat with other players that speak the same language. Yes, we can also add them as friends, but some players would like to speak to others without the need of adding them to their friend list.

As for staffs concern, unlike your average Joe they should have a system where they can view all chat channels and what is being said without having to switch over to them. I'm pretty sure you guys also record chat logs, and there is also a reason why we have a system that allows players to report others for misconduct. Staff are human too, we don't expect them to monitor chat 24/7.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 04:31:19 pm »
As for staffs concern, unlike your average Joe they should have a system where they can view all chat channels and what is being said without having to switch over to them. I'm pretty sure you guys also record chat logs, and there is also a reason why we have a system that allows players to report others for misconduct. Staff are human too, we don't expect them to monitor chat 24/7.
They're not supposed to use chatlogs to fish for mutes. Unmonitored chats are great if you're a rulebreaker. The problem with the current system is that people don't bother reporting others and then complain that the staff team never does their job.
;

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »
They're not supposed to use chatlogs to fish for mutes. Unmonitored chats are great if you're a rulebreaker. The problem with the current system is that people don't bother reporting others and then complain that the staff team never does their job.
That's why we are ing or on forums. We supposed to monitor everything ourselves. Nobody will do that for us.

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 276 times
  • +0/-0
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 11:39:23 am »
the only players who would report every little tiny thing that someone blabs out their mouth about someone else is either you charr or someone who has absolutely nothing to do with their free time.

edit: it's not completely our responsibility to watch over everyone like little children, that's what we have players moderators and administrators for.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:41:03 am by Zudikas95187 »

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 05:49:04 pm »
edit: it's not completely our responsibility to watch over everyone like little children, that's what we have players moderators and administrators for.
You're right. However given the way policy is right now if you want proper enforcement of the rules against offensive language you're going to have to make reports. Eventually people either learn that they shouldn't be doing what they're doing or they get outright removed for breaking the rules too often. Reporting people speeds up that process, which is good.
;
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:54 pm »

If they don't bother reporting, then they probably don't mind it at all and then it isn't a problem in the first place. Idk why ppl here try to turn everything into a goddamn problem.
The following users liked this post: Division66
Pages: 1 2