The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Back At It

• Liked: 75 times
  • +0/-0
  • Time Zone: CST
    • View Profile
Re: Bonfires.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 10:14:54 pm »
I would love to see another use for the firemaking skill. Currently you pretty much get to spend time/money on logs and your reward is the ability to wear a skillcape. I think it would be neat if there was a monster that required a certain firemaking level to access. Or better yet, if you could light arrows on fire for a slight damage boost and you needed a specific level to be able to contain the flame, otherwise they would damage you as well. I think it would push the popularity of firemaking up in pvp and pvm areas alike.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 10:18:25 pm »
I would love to see another use for the firemaking skill. Currently you pretty much get to spend time/money on logs and your reward is the ability to wear a skillcape. I think it would be neat if there was a monster that required a certain firemaking level to access. Or better yet, if you could light arrows on fire for a slight damage boost and you needed a specific level to be able to contain the flame, otherwise they would damage you as well. I think it would push the popularity of firemaking up in pvp and pvm areas alike.

Models for fire arrows do exists, because those are used in one quest in RS. Not a bad idea :P

Mod Mary

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 10:38:55 pm »
How about requiring fire arrows to be able to damage glacors (and maybe icewyrms but those are already released) and you'd need like 90 firemaking to make fire arrows (untradable?)

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 10:45:37 pm »
How about requiring fire arrows to be able to damage glacors (and maybe icewyrms but those are already released) and you'd need like 90 firemaking to make fire arrows (untradable?)

This would be cool, Could you also add these as an item drop from some bosses (i.e KQ as her common/rare drops are rubbish) like the wildy wyrm drops fury sharks? (an untradeable consumable)

Offline Back At It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 10:50:39 pm »

That would definitely make firemaking actually worth leveling up. The only reason I think a small damage boost would be good is for when players make a pure account. They would want to increase their firemaking level to get the damage output, which would require them to buy (or cut) logs, and ultimately encourage the money flow in the economy.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:53:43 pm by Back At It »
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd

Offline Back At It

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 11:01:10 pm »

One more thing on this note, i'm not sure that you'd want to require fire arrows for monsters. In this case you would either be forced to kill them with range only, or possibly introduce new models for flaming weaponry and the ability to distinguish when a player is using a "fire" spell.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 12:34:16 am »
This would force people to range at glacors.
If fire spells work the same however, that's good.
;
Pages: 1 2