The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Bonfires
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:19:32 pm »
Suggesting them for the millionth time. If you don't know what they are: they're the ability to use logs on a fire in order to burn them rather than making lines of fires.
  • People won't be able to mess up your exp rates by making fires in front of you. We no longer have w2 to get around this, so it'd be nice.
  • Group skilling without the 'omfg stop taking my ores'.
  • Firemaking training becomes less tedious and more afkable.
  • Woodcutting becomes less tedious because you can just bring a tinderbox instead of banking and it'll actually be convenient to do so.
If necessary, reduce the base exp for logs.

;
The following users liked this post: Earl, Tomtim1, Themarfish, Danielshapz

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Bonfires
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:15:24 pm »
Suggesting them for the millionth time. If you don't know what they are: they're the ability to use logs on a fire in order to burn them rather than making lines of fires.
  • People won't be able to mess up your exp rates by making fires in front of you. We no longer have w2 to get around this, so it'd be nice.
  • Group skilling without the 'omfg stop taking my ores'.
  • Firemaking training becomes less tedious and more afkable.
  • Woodcutting becomes less tedious because you can just bring a tinderbox instead of banking and it'll actually be convenient to do so.
If necessary, reduce the base exp for logs.
I think it has something to do with you as a person if you have people who mess up your firemaking exp. Never ever has it happened to me. + i could probably think of 15 different places to train firemaking so "we no longer have w2" reason is just bullshit.
"group skilling" isn't becoming a thing either because if i understand correctly then everyone can simply have their own bonfire anywhere..
Firemaking rn is already one of the quickest skills to get 99, i don't think it needs to be more afkable..
Woodcutting is not tedious at all, specially after magic trees were added to barbarian..

What i wouldn't mind seeing is bonfires becoming available to players after reaching 99 firemaking and wearing a forester cape. You could get your exp and i wouldn't have to bitch about skilling becoming too fast :) :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:17:50 pm by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:44:00 pm »
I think it has something to do with you as a person if you have people who mess up your firemaking exp. Never ever has it happened to me. + i could probably think of 15 different places to train firemaking so "we no longer have w2" reason is just bullshit.
Plenty of locations to inefficiently train firemaking, only really one where you can access a bank right at the end of your line. It happens to me almost every time I train.

"group skilling" isn't becoming a thing either because if i understand correctly then everyone can simply have their own bonfire anywhere..
Fair enough. Could have the exp increase based on the amount of people throwing logs onto the fire. That's how rs does it anyways. Of course this would have a cap and not scale too high. Could also limit it to certain locations where there's already a fire to throw your logs onto, rs has a few of these as well.

Firemaking rn is already one of the quickest skills to get 99, i don't think it needs to be more afkable..
It's about 5m an hour burning magic logs, while it's certainly not the slowest there are skills that'll give you more exp/h and are more afkable. If you're referring to the early levels, yeah those are pretty fast.

Woodcutting is not tedious at all, specially after magic trees were added to barbarian..
Trees being at barb doesn't make much of a difference, they're about as close to a bank as the ones in rimmington.

What i wouldn't mind seeing is bonfires becoming available to players after reaching 99 firemaking and wearing a forester cape. You could get your exp and i wouldn't have to bitch about skilling becoming too fast :) :)
A higher req could work, wouldn't say 99 but it could be something like log level + 5/10/15. I wouldn't mind item or processing requirements for it either.
;

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:51:08 pm »
You have my support. All skills have been made automatic, firemaking is pretty much the only one where you have to click through the whole inventory. Would be a nice thing to do with smaller groups.

Offline Rlc

• Liked: 28 times
  • +0/-0
  • Don't hate, appreciate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 06:50:11 am »
It's emps, stop being lazy. Firemaking is simple af.
Proud Emps-Scape/World player since 2007

The following users liked this post: Di Dot, S Clegane

Offline Danielshapz

• Liked: 188 times
  • +0/-0
  • Eliminate yourself i'm not even kidding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 06:54:39 pm »
Honestly what harm can it do, firemaking itself has little to no content what so ever. And having two(or three) methods to train a skill is better then having just one.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 06:30:32 am »
Honestly what harm can it do, firemaking itself has little to no content what so ever. And having two(or three) methods to train a skill is better then having just one.
And it doesn't mean we have to make it full content of skill that would give you anything good apart from maxing out, daily task EP. Idea itself is nice to have. But just like I said about chinchompas and having training area in Ape Atoll before ing - people are too lazy to make it happen as well. Also, Tiiger14 is right. Firemaking is already easy skill af what more do you need from it? Improve what's already in game and stop supporting stuff that will be dead content in like 2 months tops.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:40:38 am by Wg »

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 07:29:35 am »
I did not really have much trouble training fm, I was never forced to switch worlds either. I do agree that this would make fm and woodcutting much more convenient though and would be a good addition.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 12:04:58 pm »
It's emps, stop being lazy. Firemaking is simple af.

Then again it is annoying af as well. I don't know what kind of enjoyment or satisfaction people do get from training firemaking the way it currently is. Playing games should be fun and being able to interact with people in an online game is more welcome. The current way of training FM doesn't really allow either is done efficiently.

Adding bonfires doesn't mean that the old way is disposed of, but instead it will offer an alternative training method which is more AFK but less xp/h than efficiently training the manual way. For some retarded reason firemaking has always been the one single skill that people haven't wanted to see alternative training methods added, even though the skill is completely useless apart from being a sink for logs. And in that regard reducing the xp per log will indeed sink more logs and the AFK method will more than likely make more people want to train 99.

This is coming from a guy who trained 99 firemaking with fucking willow logs in F2P at 90 xp a log in RS.
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 07:21:04 pm »
And it doesn't mean we have to make it full content of skill that would give you anything good apart from maxing out, daily task EP. Idea itself is nice to have.
Okay, so what you're saying is that it would be nice to have bonfires.
But just like I said about chinchompas and having traing area in Ape Atoll before ing - people are too lazy to make it happen as well.
I don't think people have much to do with development. I may not be understanding what you mean with this though.
Also, Tiiger14 is right. Firemaking is already easy skill af what more do you need from it?
A way to train it that can't be "ruined" by other people making fires in front of me. An alternative to making lines of fires constantly. Hell, I'd enjoy more alternative firemaking methods like corpse burning.
Improve what's already in game and stop supporting stuff that will be dead content in like 2 months tops.
Improvement is exactly what bonfires would be. It would not destroy any old methods but would give the player a choice between the old and the new method based on their preference. Given the relatively casual nature of bonfires there really isn't any reason it would die out as content.
;
Pages: 1