The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Poll

Should we upgrade the weaker Barrows Armour?

They need an upgrade.
No they should remain the way they are.
Pages: 1

Offline Jacob

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • United we stand, divided we fall. We the Nightfall
    • View Profile
Barrows
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:47:02 am »

We all know how lengthy it is to obtain a piece of Barrows Armour. After consecutive attempts you finally are rewarded with a piece!(Excluding Dharoks/Verac's)

Alas.. It's Guthans/Ahrim/Torag/Karils.. What a t(' 't) to the face.. But..-

I'm going to go and PK with these! - Said no one ever
I'm going to be able to sell these easily! - Said no one ever.
I can't wait to go kill a boss in these! - Said no one ever

My suggestion is we some how make these 4 pitiful pieces of armour worth obtaining.

I believe it would be very nice to see people able to PK in these armours. They honestly need some type of buff/enhancement. Now I'm not saying they need to become stupidly overpowered, but at least make them viable in most situations.

If players actually enjoyed earning these particular items, and could honestly use them to effectively PVP/PVM the sales rate on these would increase.(Which would also boost the economy) Barrows is one of the most inefficient ways of earning gold, lesbihonest. By the time you earn a piece of valuable armour, you've blown through Prayer pots(40k+ea)/Food. It stacks up and your revenue isn't that rewarding and the time it took is discouraging from something that may not even sell.(To Some)

Now IF and only IF you earn the 2/5 pieces which are viable and in demand(Dharoks/Verac's) you are able to sell them easily and gain revenue and proceed with continued venture into the Barrows Mini Game.

You may say, "Prayer pots and food don't cost me much whatever!" well lets think about the newer and poorer player. That could very well be a great amount of gold lost in the process.

I believe as a community we can somehow find a solution to this issue, or it may not be an issue to you.

This suggestion is mainly focused on increasing the "fun" feeling for Emps-World(Pking/Wearing "Cool Armour,Rewards) as well as improving the Economy and the Buy/Sell war(More selling than buying)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:53:25 am by Jacob »

Check your privilege bro.

Offline Cococola

• Liked: 106 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Barrows
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 08:17:42 am »
Valid points everywhere, and I agree. Except that verac's is often used for pvming

Emps-scape moderator

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 08:54:10 am »
Meh, it's always been this way. I don't think it's all that important personally.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 09:05:03 am »
Arhim's is often used in pvp.
However I do agree with you, Guthans/Torag/Karils are pretty much useless at the moment.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Mary

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 09:20:27 am »
However I do agree with you, Guthans/Torag/Karils are pretty much useless at the moment.
Guthans/torags is underrated, guthans is great for sustain and lazy ppl and torags gives HUGE defense bonuses. Karils bit less useful but still useful for ppl who cant afford the higher range armours, and it's still all level 70. So you shouldn't buff them to match level 75/80 armour.

Offline Jacob

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • United we stand, divided we fall. We the Nightfall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 09:36:42 am »
Guthans/torags is underrated, guthans is great for sustain and lazy ppl and torags gives HUGE defense bonuses. Karils bit less useful but still useful for ppl who cant afford the higher range armours, and it's still all level 70. So you shouldn't buff them to match level 75/80 armour.

I believe it would be very nice to see people able to PK in these armours. They honestly need some type of buff/enhancement. Now I'm not saying they need to become stupidly overpowered, but at least make them viable in most situations.

Of course not that would defeat the purpose. However, they should be viable enough to PVP/PVM. Yes Guthans sometimes will heal you, sometimes, other than that it hits low and slow. You can't PK in it nor really PVM, you're better off using a Dragon Scimitar.

dragon scimitar shouldn't be more viable than a barrows set.

Torag gives defense bonus, yes. True. However can you Pk in it? No, not really, can you PVM? Yes possibly, but you'll be hitting very slow and low most often.

The point is to make the Barrows items, actually BARROWS. A player should be delighted to earn any kind of Barrows armour, but that's not the case.

Think of the Key benefits, better economy, stronger mini game, increased fun factor, more active wildeneress which again boosts the economy.

Check your privilege bro.

Offline Selena Gomez

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 11:15:27 am »
That is why armor is seperated into classes.
Barrows would be around middle class. IMO YOU CAN PK WITH GUTHANS AND KARILS its just YOU WILL NOT.
Karils is extremely good for PvM imo, I hit constant 40's and have a max of 48 with decent gear on spectrals (using salve ammy ofc)
I see people using Torags as tanking armor in PvP, I want a guthans chainskirt because its hella useful for pvm.
My last statement: All armors are useful if you know how to utilize it. Guthans can be useful if you have a good finisher e.g. zs, gs, vesta spear.

JUST GIVE IT A TRY

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 12:54:35 am »
Meh, it's always been this way. I don't think it's all that important personally.
I second Chazz's opinion.

It wouldn't really bother me either way. However, if people want these buffing then I'd go with the majority of the community and agree to buff them a little to keep them happy.
Players need to be happy to continue playing...

Offline Natelax410

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 08:25:12 am »
That is why armor is seperated into classes.
Barrows would be around middle class. IMO YOU CAN PK WITH GUTHANS AND KARILS its just YOU WILL NOT.
Karils is extremely good for PvM imo, I hit constant 40's and have a max of 48 with decent gear on spectrals (using salve ammy ofc)
I see people using Torags as tanking armor in PvP, I want a guthans chainskirt because its hella useful for pvm.
My last statement: All armors are useful if you know how to utilize it. Guthans can be useful if you have a good finisher e.g. zs, gs, vesta spear.

JUST GIVE IT A TRY

guthans used to be my main armor for slayer until they added the degeneration
now i hate that shit

its not even worth using imo
Pages: 1