The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Mariuxas

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps Lover ^.^
    • View Profile
Barbarian Assult.
« on: December 26, 2015, 04:14:09 pm »
I can obviously observe that Emps is missing minigames , I'm here to suggest a minigame that would be the Christmas update :P.
As being a player of Old School RuneScape for more than 3 years , I can see the success that "Barbarian Assult" minigame has made ,  I highly insist to add this minigame to our server.
Youtube it if you do not know it as well.

Thank you and happy new year :D.
@Thomy
@Staff-Team.
Emps Scape Player Since September ,22, 2014.

Java Programmer!
                                c# beginner!

Have I Been A Good Boy ?

Offline Gabol

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
Re: Barbarian Assult.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 05:04:35 pm »
could you tell about that minigame and how would you like it to be?  because i dont even know anything about it.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 05:08:59 pm »
I'd love to hear how this minigame works and all but, I don't know if you've taken a look at pest or CW but we definitely do not have the people to sustain minigames. A new one would not help. Feel free to still explain it and everything, but I don't think it's something that should be done right now.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 07:00:18 pm »
Why would we need this minigame? What would the rewards be? Torso can already be acquired from Warriors' Guild in Emps.

Offline Mariuxas

• +0/-0
  • Emps Lover ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 09:11:13 pm »
Why would we need this minigame? What would the rewards be? Torso can already be acquired from Warriors' Guild in Emps.
This exactly what we should change.We can make the Fighter Torso/Hat and many items that can be obtained by Points such as attacker points / healer/ defender /collector.

It's more than complicated to explain how it works but I also suggest to watch this video:

A little bit explanation:
It's all about a team that includes 4 roles:
Attacker role: attacker should attack the monsters and call to collector what eggs should he collect

Collector role: Collector has to collect eggs that attacker told him and put them in the cannon he also should call to attacker in which style he has to attack (Aggressave / Controlled / Shared / Accurate )

Defender role: He Has to attract monsters to attack him

Healler role: He has to heal his team.

once you have finished the round you will be given points for the role that you have played. (like Defender points/ healer points /attacker p/collector p.)

You can easily watch the video above and it explains exactly what im talking about.
Here a few picture adds to your understanding if you are lazy to watch the video

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:14:18 pm by Mariuxas »

Java Programmer!
                                c# beginner!

Have I Been A Good Boy ?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 11:18:21 pm »
After seeing what the minigame actually is:
  • While I like the minigame itself, the fact that it's so reliant on teamwork is pretty much an achilles heel already.
  • The amount of players required to start it off and successfully win a round is too high to keep it populated
  • Would require amazing rewards to work

Is it worth being made for emps? Not in my opinion.
;
The following users liked this post: Bubblebeam2

Offline Mariuxas

• +0/-0
  • Emps Lover ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 05:59:51 am »
  • While I like the minigame itself, the fact that it's so reliant on teamwork is pretty much an achilles heel already.
  • The amount of players required to start it off and successfully win a round is too high to keep it populated

How can you judge on something you haven't even tried it ? how can you judge on milk before tasting it ?.
You haven't played osrs im so sure of that therefore ,you do not know what this minigame is about.Why don't we try it for once ?.

Java Programmer!
                                c# beginner!

Have I Been A Good Boy ?

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 06:48:32 am »

How can you judge on something you haven't even tried it ? how can you judge on milk before tasting it ?.
You haven't played osrs im so sure of that therefore ,you do not know what this minigame is about.Why don't we try it for once ?.

Every minigame in Emps has an extremely low amount of players as is, and getting them to work together is impossible, especially since a quarter of them barely speak English.

He can make estimates on how popular and effective this minigame is going to be by using past experience, and I happen to agree with him on this topic.

This minigame that requires many players to work together would be very difficult to succeed in, and wouldn't be worth the time it would take to create. This is coming from someone who played the minigame in Osrs as well. It's hard enough getting those idiots to listen to you in Osrs, imagine how hard it will be here.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Mariuxas

• +0/-0
  • Emps Lover ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 07:23:56 am »

Every minigame in Emps has an extremely low amount of players as is, and getting them to work together is impossible, especially since a quarter of them barely speak English.

He can make estimates on how popular and effective this minigame is going to be by using past experience, and I happen to agree with him on this topic.

This minigame that requires many players to work together would be very difficult to succeed in, and wouldn't be worth the time it would take to create. This is coming from someone who played the minigame in Osrs as well. It's hard enough getting those idiots to listen to you in Osrs, imagine how hard it will be here.
Instead of saying that , We can attract other people to join us  , This minigame is very hard to see it in any other server therefor I'm suggesting it here , it will be like a shock when they know that "Barbarian Assult" minigame has been added to the server. I'm sure 100% it will improve the community  and it will increase the amount of players.
Adding minigames and especially at this time on the end of this year will be useful.

Furthermore , It's not that hard to create a team as you described despite the fact that there are too many players doesn't speak English , we can easily make a team.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 07:25:59 am by Mariuxas »

Java Programmer!
                                c# beginner!

Have I Been A Good Boy ?

Offline Gabol

• +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 12:59:36 pm »
only super good rewards would attrack people for this minigame. But something very hard to get  and very good, then people would make teams and it would be good but for now im sceptical too unless there are good ideas

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 01:08:09 pm »
Torso in Emps isn't really that popular of an item to make Barbarian Assault popular, it's barely used. Castle Wars offers bonus XP in Emps and Pest Control obviously offers Void knight armor but they are both dead content outside of weekends. Barbarian assault is even dead af in RS.

Offline Gabol

• +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 01:30:39 pm »
castle wars is dead because not everyone needs brawlers and besides that there is no other good rewards. And pest control was ruined by making void knight armour tradeable...(stupid idea) Now there are shit loads of void sets and no one have to go to play in pest control maybe just poor people goes there and calls everyone. Something like that maybe happened to barbarian assault thats why its dead too.

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 01:39:32 pm »

I judged it based on it's concept. I watched the video you provided which explained quite well how the minigame worked. I would say that is enough information for me to grasp what it is about. I don't think the minigame being fun to play is something that has anything to do with what I said. One can quite easily judge milk by it's packaging, one will not know it's taste but he will surely know if it's spoiled or not. Those images and video serve as a perfectly fine milk carton.

Instead of trying to invalidate my point of view on this whole thing why don't you try using it? Put some work into your suggestion, learn what you can from the feedback and adapt it. If you are looking for support on it that is.

Instead of saying that , We can attract other people to join us  , This minigame is very hard to see it in any other server therefor I'm suggesting it here , it will be like a shock when they know that "Barbarian Assult" minigame has been added to the server. I'm sure 100% it will improve the community  and it will increase the amount of players.
Adding minigames and especially at this time on the end of this year will be useful.

Furthermore , It's not that hard to create a team as you described despite the fact that there are too many players doesn't speak English , we can easily make a team.
Knowing thomy, if he starts a minigame now and sets the deadline at the end of the year that minigame will not function at all. Not making a point here, just sayin'. Difficulty is something that would make players that don't find the rewards worth it stay away from the minigame completely, since you haven't suggested different rewards I'll assume you want the RS ones which I'll say right now are not gonna be worth playing the minigame for.

Language barriers make getting a team together a lot harder. Having people team up doesn't necessarily improve the community. Hell it can even make it worse. People that make mistakes will undoubtably get flamed at just like people killing spinners in pest control. Just what makes you so sure that we'll gain players from it?
;

Offline Mariuxas

• +0/-0
  • Emps Lover ^.^
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 07:26:07 pm »
I'm not going to open an argument here because i do not have time to discuses.
Thank you for your replies and Happy new year.
Done.

(Just suggest to add a minigame and you refused  :-\ i cannot image how idiots you are.)no offensive

Java Programmer!
                                c# beginner!

Have I Been A Good Boy ?

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 08:03:10 pm »
I'm not going to open an argument here because i do not have time to discuses.
Thank you for your replies and Happy new year.
Done.

(Just suggest to add a minigame and you refused  :-\ i cannot image how idiots you are.)no offensive
Calling us idiots for not wanting a minigame that wouldn't fit in to the server.

Totally got us.
;
Pages: 1