The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
another pk suggestion
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:47:06 am »
Emps is back at having 70-100 players a day, I think it's time to make them try pking and stick to it. with that said here are some of my suggestions that I think would improve the pking environment.

1) skulling: make a command that can be used to get skulled. exp (::skull), or add an npc the can be attacked causing the player to get a skull.

2) Pk rewards: having a shop with items that can only be obtained by pk tokens will attract players to fight.
    Note: if a player killed another player with the same IP Address no tokens are given to avoid fraud.

3) Edgeville: Including Edgeville in the home teleport will be great because it will help looting in case of 2 players died and will have the advantage of making the pkers go to pk whenever they want.

4) Gear: setting a specific button to take the item for the player's bank directly, such as your set, runes, food, and potion.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:52:28 am by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."
The following users liked this post: Di Dot

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
Re: another pk suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:20:30 am »
I agree.

About pk tokkens,  tokkens couldnt be given also from same email.

About skulling, theres no such hig deal to get skulled,  thomy said he did reskulling or somthing, so its still not working.

Other stuff, seems fine and thats should be in past but still i wish Thomy will approve it.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf, S Clegane

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:34:05 am »
Emps is back at having 70-100 players a day, I think it's time to make them try pking and stick to it. with that said here are some of my suggestions that I think would improve the pking environment.

1) skulling: make a command that can be used to get skulled. exp (::skull), or add an npc the can be attacked causing the player to get a skull.

2) Pk rewards: having a shop with items that can only be obtained by pk tokens will attract players to fight.
    Note: if a player killed another player with the same IP Address no tokens are given to avoid fraud.

3) Edgeville: Including Edgeville in the home teleport will be great because it will help looting in case of 2 players died and will have the advantage of making the pkers go to pk whenever they want.

4) Gear: setting a specific button to take the item for the player's bank directly, such as your set, runes, food, and potion.

1. Skulling option could be given to the guy who runs the reward shop.

2. Reward shop could have looting bags, rune pouches etc in it. Could also add the option to decant noted potions to this NPC. Possibly also some upgrades/cosmetics, but I'm not sure which. Kind of would want to see a better version of fire cape in game, also books with range bonuses would be neat.

3. We have tabs, glories and mounted glories. No need.

4. Don't be lazy. I would love to see a quick prayers option though.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf, S Clegane

Online Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:42 am »
I disagree on the way you suggested on having a skull but not the idea of it,
maybe an npc outside the wilderness can be talked with to get a skull,

I don't mind pking shop but at least name some items that should be there, again I believe pking shop is a must thing to do with some useful items that pkers care about,

We already have Edgeville teletab

4- Yes please, its something we should've got like a year or 2 ago.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:45:41 am »
Very short and amazing suggestion. Other than that - Think next time PK Reward shop items in it. So far nobody(excluding what Earl said) came up with decent rewards that could fit our PK community.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Saif Nawaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:54:24 am »
    I don't mind pking shop but at least name some items that should be there, again I believe pking shop is a must thing to do with some useful items that pkers care about,
At first, let's agree on having a pk shop so that we can start suggesting the items in it.

We already have Edgeville teletab
IMO Edgeville teletab have become harder to get after the update of construction. if Edgeville teletab were sold in shops or obtained from wizards then yes we don't need it as a home teleport.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 03:07:44 pm »

I made this as an example for a pk shop.

The idea of it is to have 3 or more items that are only available at the pk shop such as pk cape, Dragon Warhammer, infernal cape, colored Toktz-ket-xil shield, dragon hunter crossbow, rainbow phat, special infinitely set, and karambwan. However, there will also be cheap items for beginners like the normal void set,inf set, d def, d boots, dds, ranger boots, etc...

If you remember the skulls from the last Halloween. They can act as the pk tokens, the player gets it as a drop after killing someone.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:17:54 pm by Saif Nawaf »

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 04:45:25 pm »
The reason pking is dead is not that it's not rewarding. Pking in itself was never about making money, but rather about having fun. Toxicity and people's inability to organize are far bigger problems. Those things will keep people away from the wilderness no matter how valuable you make everything in the rewards shop. All you'd be doing is attracting people that will boost.

I'd rather have the npc, this is the only part of the suggestion I actually like.

Oh boy, another pking shop suggestion.

Vpn use would still let someone boost for pkp on their own. Friends would still be able to boost. Without a more complex, thought out system preventing boosting is impossible. Having a good system to prevent boosting however might hurt those that aren't. You really can't win on this one.

Step 1: Get construction to the point where you can mount a glory on the wall
Step 2: Replace the garden in the middle of your house with a quest hall and build a mounted glory
Step 3: Infinite edge teles forever, only a short walk from your home teleport to rimmington

While bank presets are incredibly convenient and have way more use than just gearing up to pk, I'm against adding them. It's got a ton of potential dupes and in general is going to take a lot of time to develop properly.

Convenience features are not going to cause people to want to pk. It doesn't make a difference. People aren't hesitating to get into pking because they can't get to edge fast enough or can't get items out of their bank fast enough.

https://i.imgur.com/FRhv041.png
I made this as an example for a pk shop.
Let's take a look at what you've suggested and what's actually going to be decent.
  • Cosmetics: A one-time purchase, which is generally bad if you want to have something valuable in your pk shop. Once a few people have these they won't be that sought after.
  • Items that aren't in the game (dwh, rainbow phat, dhcb, infernal cape, "special" inf set, wards) take a whole bunch of extra dev time which is bad.
  • Imbued rings are going to destroy dagannoth kings and devalue the loot from gargoyles. They should not be there.
  • Make your own overloads rather than boosting pkp for them.
  • Karambwans should be fishable rather than in the pk shop.
  • What are those boxes even for mate?
Nothing you "add" to pking will matter if the pking community is like this. If people are toxic to other players that makes them not want to get into pking. If people bash others for not risking enough rather than just lowering their own risk then the wilderness isn't going to be very active.
;

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 04:48:36 pm »

If you remember the skulls from the last Halloween. They can act as the pk tokens, the player gets it as a drop after killing someone.

Same idea came to me, player dead you get his skull tokkens why not

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 10:20:14 am »
Toxicity in pking would ruin this suggestion big time. As Charr said, you will be able to manipulate the system so it should be something fair for everyone that actually PKs and not just let alternative account in wildy to be killed by themselves to gain PVP points(or tokens from what you suggested). VPN shouldn't be that hard to configure I guess on this one making you at least ask friends help to get tokkens for rune pouch or something. Either way, other that looting bag or rune pouch which usually is necessity to even non-Pkers rewards should have higher tokens requirements and also my idea of receiving tokens depends on fight length, risks and skulled or not skulled people fights. Making skulled person without items at all or with risk lower than 100k let's say to drop 0 tokens. Even Pure Pking sometimes risks 100k+ in gears. I think depending on those three aspects in fights you gain tokens for rewards.

Here's my ideas for items in shop:

Clue Box - to protect the clue on death while in wildy.
Rune Pouch - to store up to 3 kinds of any runes(Amount no more 100k per each rune)
Looting bag - additional 28 inventory space can only be used in wilderness and stored in bank.
Wilderness Cape - let's you teleport to Kolodion locations 5 times per 24 Hours.
Ancient Teleportation Tablets - From Ancient Magicks teleport reverted to teletabs.
Artifact Alchemy - Spell reverted to teletab which would let you alch ancient artifacts from revenants for higher price than they're, let's say 5 - 10% of their price in general store.
Ancient Energy(up to 10000 in shop) - For PVP Armour recharging.
Ring Of the Gods - Best in slot prayer ring.
Crystal Bow/Shield Imbued - has double charges than it had.
The following users liked this post: Di Dot, Saif Nawaf

Offline Saif Nawaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 11:19:11 am »
For the pk tokens, you can't get rewarded for killing the same player more than once a day. Killing a player with high pk points gets you a bit more pk tokens, for example, 3 pk tokens if you killed a player with 300 pk points and 1 pk token when killing a player with less than 100 pk points.

Another way we can make player fight random players is by making a target system that rests every 30-60mins or by killing your target in wildy. the way it works is that the system randomly picks for you a player that is close to your level in Edgeville, by killing your target you gain extra pk tokens.

And now for the Edgeville tele, I suggest removing Paddewa teleport that teleports you to Edgeville from Ancient spellbook and adding it to the Lunar spellbook. Because most players who fight at Edgeville use Vengeance & Cure me (support spells). Having Edgeville teleport on Lunar spellbook is more useful.

Lastly, the pk shop should contain few untradable goods to make pking more valuable.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:38:02 am by Saif Nawaf »
The following users liked this post: Di Dot

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 11:19:24 am »
Step 1: Get construction to the point where you can mount a glory on the wall
Step 2: Replace the garden in the middle of your house with a quest hall and build a mounted glory
Step 3: Infinite edge teles forever, only a short walk from your home teleport to rimmington

Doesn't change anything. You still need to go to bank to withdraw a house tele to enter your house. At that point you might as well go straight for an edge tele since you know, that's actually less effort than what you suggested. We have places such as Rimmy, Draynor, Relleka and Varrock as home options that are borderline useless. Why not add Edge cuz that's a place people actually visit? As an off-topic note, Canifis and Catherby would be excellent home tele candidates as well.

While bank presets are incredibly convenient and have way more use than just gearing up to pk, I'm against adding them. It's got a ton of potential dupes and in general is going to take a lot of time to develop properly.

I'll buy that after Thomy himself says that. That's like the most basic ''argument'' people have used through the years on these forums to disagree with bunch of suggestions despite them actually being the simplest things possible to develop.

Convenience features are not going to cause people to want to pk. It doesn't make a difference. People aren't hesitating to get into pking because they can't get to edge fast enough or can't get items out of their bank fast enough.

Maybe it won't motivate YOU to PK, but it has even bigger convenience advantages when it comes to skilling and PvM. I'm sure PKers will appreciate it as well. In fact I would have appreciated bank presets and quick prayers far more than any of this Nex and OVL bullshit we've got recently.

Oh boy, another pking shop suggestion.

Vpn use would still let someone boost for pkp on their own. Friends would still be able to boost. Without a more complex, thought out system preventing boosting is impossible. Having a good system to prevent boosting however might hurt those that aren't. You really can't win on this one.

Despite boosting, the thing works wonders in osrs. The number of PKP gained per kill could be tied to the risk the opponent has. With the updated GE price calculations, it should be harder to abuse. That won't stop boosting from being a thing but it sure as hell will stop people from killing people doing wilderness scan clues for easy points, for instance.

I'd rather have the npc, this is the only part of the suggestion I actually like.

A command is more convenient since it can be used anywhere in the Wilderness.
The following users liked this post: Di Dot, Saif Nawaf, S Clegane

Offline Saif Nawaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 11:31:24 am »
Mistake
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:38:24 am by Saif Nawaf »

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 07:11:24 pm »
Long story short all top 5 players in hiscores by pkp never pked a day in their lives
The following users liked this post: Fund Kakare, Earl, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 09:57:14 pm »
Long story short all top 5 players in hiscores by pkp never pked a day in their lives

The hiscores for pkp were a mistake since the beginning.
Pages: 1