The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Android and IOS Friendly
« on: October 14, 2017, 07:30:43 pm »
I think it's time.

Ladies and gentlemen, we live in a age of smart phones. People carry them where ever they go, and gaming on phones is extremely popular. I would like to introduce the idea of making emps-world android and IOS friendly. This might take some time to implement, but I think it can bring a positive outcome. As we all know, not many servers out there support such thing which can make us unique. I believe something like this can attract more players to join our community. I would actually prefer this over a old school version.

Thoughts, opinions, and how can we approach something like this to make it work with our server.
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Android and IOS Friendly
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 07:46:19 pm »
hell no, i can't imagine pickpocketing farmers on a small smartphone screen.. Sounds incredibly uncomfortable. Not worth the time.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 08:01:35 pm »
It can work but the gigantic amount of dev time and the fact that jagex themselves are doing this makes me think it's not the right choice for emps. Thomy doesn't exactly have devs lying around, contrary to jagex.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Someone12116, S Clegane

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 08:13:52 pm »
hell no, i can't imagine pickpocketing farmers on a small smartphone screen.. Sounds incredibly uncomfortable. Not worth the time.
You might dislike it, but others might enjoy having the option to train on the go.

It can work but the gigantic amount of dev time and the fact that jagex themselves are doing this makes me think it's not the right choice for emps. Thomy doesn't exactly have devs lying around, contrary to jagex.
I understand that it might take a lot of time, I prefer it to be like a side project there's really no rush into implementing it. Can you explain as to why it wouldn't be a right choice for emps? I don't see any downside to it once it's eventually implemented. I know that we don't have the dev power, but everything can be accomplished over time.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »
Can you explain as to why it wouldn't be a right choice for emps? I don't see any downside to it once it's eventually implemented. I know that we don't have the dev power, but everything can be accomplished over time.
We'd basically be opening up a food stand selling chinese food right next to a fancy chinese restaurant selling pretty much the same food.

Things like implementing graphical changes, bot detection and user identification are only going to get more and more difficult with a mobile version as well.
;

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 01:05:01 pm »
would only work for stakers since they only click a couple of times. otherwise no.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 01:56:29 pm »
I understand that it might take a lot of time, I prefer it to be like a side project there's really no rush into implementing it. Can you explain as to why it wouldn't be a right choice for emps? I don't see any downside to it once it's eventually implemented. I know that we don't have the dev power, but everything can be accomplished over time.

If it was a side project it would be eventually finished by 2030 or even later lol. It would be pointless. We should also probably wait to see how well it goes for RS anyway. A lot of ppl thinking it will be absolutely shit and forgotten after the first month.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 02:08:46 pm »
Meanwhile, OSES will be released...

No thanks. Too much development just for this whole idea and not so many devs to do it.

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 02:23:53 pm »
If it was a side project it would be eventually finished by 2030 or even later lol. It would be pointless. We should also probably wait to see how well it goes for RS anyway. A lot of ppl thinking it will be absolutely shit and forgotten after the first month.
I can agree with waiting to see how it does there. I don't play much of rs or osrs so i had no clue on how mobile gaming was doing there.

@WG I was thinking about scrapping the osec idea since it isn't going to bring any new content, it's just emps world but with shitty graphics. Unless thomy would want to bring exclusive updates to osec such as skills, quests, bosses, armor, etc.. it wouldn't make me want to play it.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 02:29:10 pm »
I can agree with waiting to see how it does there. I don't play much of rs or osrs so i had no clue on how mobile gaming was doing there.

@WG I was thinking about scrapping the osec idea since it isn't going to bring any new content, it's just emps world but with shitty graphics. Unless thomy would want to bring exclusive updates to osec such as skills, quests, bosses, armor, etc.. it wouldn't make me want to play it.
And also, Emps is already having a decent amount of bugs. Making them on different platform like smartphones isn't wise decision.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 02:49:40 pm »
Maybe start with something easier than having the full game on an app would be more convenient. It will be great for emps to have an app in the future that allows you to talk to your friends and in the clan chat.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Jhonson

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 02:54:01 pm »
Maybe start with something easier than having the full game on an app would be more convenient. It will be great for emps to have an app in the future that allows you to talk to your friends and in the clan chat.
There's discord for a reason, why would Thomy bother with something that's already possible. Tell them boys to get their asses on discord, problem solved.

Anyway, I realized it's too early for such a undertaking. As said before, we'll see how well the rs mobile app does first before introducing it here. With that being said, have a good day.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane
Pages: 1