The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Absorbtion bonus
« on: December 11, 2015, 08:06:33 pm »
What is absorbtion bonus?

It would be the counter to strength bonus, it would decrease the amount of damage you are hit with. Like strength bonus it comes in a melee, ranged and magic variant. It would absorb a percentage of what you are being hit for and nullify that damage. The damage absorbed should be visible next to the hitsplat. It could reinforce the combat triangle, as you currently have no way of actually reducing damage aside from protection prayers. This rangers absolutely take more damage from melee than magers. It could help balance certain things as well as give PvM the room to be made a lot more challenging. It could also give some items viability.

PvM

Due to absorbtion bonus it would make it quite easy to create a tank 'class', this would give groups trying to boss more distinct roles. Which is something I quite enjoy. It gives us room to make some bosses a lot more challenging. This tank role would need a way of 'pulling aggro' in order to be effective. I have two ways of going about this. Either a spec weapon or two should be given a 'taunt' effect, which would make the attacked monster focus on attacking the person that taunted it. Another way is for people with a higher absorbtion bonus to be a lot more likely to get targeted by aggresive monsters.

PvP

A big concern is PvP, it might create too tanky setups that won't really be killable in a 1v1 situation. I think absorbtion bonus should recieve a cap. It should be capped out at 20% in a single-combat area and 40% in a multi combat area. Aside from the cap, there should also be a minimal amount of damage a hit needs to do in order for absorbtion to take effect on it, this should be somewhere around 10 or 15.

Items

Absorbtion bonus could make a lot of items that are second-rate or near useless right now somewhat viable. This is by making them a very good defensive option. It would make for more variety in gear when people go bossing, instead of everyone hogging the best dps gear. It could also give us room for new items that in turn would make up the rare drops for new monsters.
  • 3rd age - Could be turned into actual viable tank gear
  • Crystal shield - Could be changed from completely useless shield to good defensive shield
  • Glory (t) - Could be changed into a tank amulet

Opinions?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:09:38 am by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Rockmanexe

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
Re: Absorbtion bonus
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:28:51 pm »
Wouldn't be AGAINST seeing this in game. I like the idea of creating a new Tank class, this could play out very well.

Edit: I think it would play out better if the damage bonus would be lowered for the items with absorbtion.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:35:11 pm by Kaarel 123 »

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 08:37:10 pm »
I think it would play out better if the damage bonus would be lowered for the items with absorbtion.
Is a potential second point, I just wanted to get the concept out for now.
;
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »
Actual tank armor? Definitely not a bad idea. Now we just need a way of drawing enemy aggro on specific player.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 11:00:20 pm »
Tank armor would be sweet, and it would be cool to have (spells) to draw aggro?

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 11:55:18 pm »
Tank armor would be sweet, and it would be cool to have (spells) to draw aggro?
A spell in lunars to draw aggro would be awesome, I do think it'll be a pain to dev though.
;

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 11:59:51 pm »
Maybe the higher your absorption bonus, the more aggro you draw?

Someone with higher absorption percent would get targeted slightly more often?

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 12:27:20 am »

Would require a priority targeting system but I would very much enjoy that.
;

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 06:13:26 am »

Would require a priority targeting system but I would very much enjoy that.

Might also require bosses to be way harder, because the bosses the way they are now would be really easy to defeat with a tank on your team.

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 01:02:45 pm »
I like that idea, it definitely sounds interesting. What if we add this effect to armour sets rather than as bonuses. For instance wearing a full 3rd age armour set gives you 5% damage absorption?

On the other hand, if we had absorption as a bonus, it could also be applied to weapons or to shields in general. This suggestion could make shields very valuable!

Thoughts? :) I'm definitely getting that system ready!

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 01:43:37 pm »
I like that idea, it definitely sounds interesting. What if we add this effect to armour sets rather than as bonuses. For instance wearing a full 3rd age armour set gives you 5% damage absorption?

On the other hand, if we had absorption as a bonus, it could also be applied to weapons or to shields in general. This suggestion could make shields very valuable!

I support the idea of adding it as a set effect.

Maybe when implementing the system for applying absorbtion on shields, some newer shields could be brought to game aswell?

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 02:42:33 pm »

I would make sure people are actually able to hit something and set a certain amount of damage as damage that won't be absorbed. 10-20 should be enough for that, this is so that tank setups won't be OP in PvP situations and it won't get out of hand in general. It shouldn't really be applied to weapons, I wouldn't know anything aside from runescape's shieldbows that absorbtion bonus would fit with.

I would go for both individual and set bonuses. This could create off-tank setups for people that want to solo. Individual pieces should have a bit more impact on the bonus, set bonus should just be a nice small extra. I understand that tank setups might limit people in actually getting drops but it is more of a group role.

Tank gear shouldn't offer too much strength bonus, just like strength gear shouldn't offer too much absorbtion bonus. We may need some new custom items but I could suggest those later, I'm mainly thinking of a new spirit shield, gloves and boots. Absorbtion bonus might also need to be capped, that'll require some testing though.

Really glad to see you like it!
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 03:11:28 pm »
Good for pvm but I wouldn't like it for pvp.
The following users liked this post: Freestuffyay

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 03:16:06 pm »
Which is why it should recieve a cap or be fine tuned for PvP. Would love some help with that.
;

Offline Bubblebeam2

• +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 03:22:38 pm »
Which is why it should recieve a cap or be fine tuned for PvP. Would love some help with that.

Make it's absorption effects weaker in a pvp situation?
Or just don't let anything hit high while you're wearing it (-Strength bonuses?)

Playing since 2008
Open bob and vegene plis
Pages: 1 2