The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
About the spectral energy.
« on: December 14, 2014, 05:14:18 pm »
Hello folks,

even though I no longer play the game I recently read about the update and I noticed a potential flaw. In my eyes the point of adding the new armors is to provide strong (possibly the best) armor but at a cost. You would have to buy the item for a high price and watch it degrade to dust over time. However the spectral energy changes this. First of all let me say that it is a good thing that players you kill and lose their armor drop the energy. This will give you a high reward (assuming the armour turns to dust when lost in pvp). You can then use it to repair your own armor or sell it (not sure about what I think of it being tradeable yet).

However when the energy is also dropped by the npc's there will be a much larger amount of it in game. This will result into it begin relatively cheap and easy to get. It will also lower the prices of the armors, since it is much easier to repair it now less armors will degrade to dust resulting in more armors in game thus lowering the price.

I think it would be much better when the energy is only dropped by players who lose their armor! This way the armors will be expensive and harder to repair. I don't know how I feel about the energy being tradeable. When it is people with lots of money can buy and use as many armors pieces as they like (also for training etc). When it isn't the people who kill players with armor on will have a way to repair their own armor. Since they probably are good player killers they will use it, however players who don't use the armor won't have any use for the energy they just got.

Feel free to share your opinions about this suggestion.

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
Re: About the spectral energy.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 05:26:35 pm »
Totally agree.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:56:37 am »
Because these armours were introduced as PvP items, I absolutely agree with you.

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:08:21 am »
Except, from what I understood when reading the update post, and through personal experience, and by looking at a 200 kill drop log, The droprate on that energy is next to nothing, and once the armor or weapons are used in combat, even when fully repaired, become untradeable. Therefore any player who uses their armor or weapons can't sell it to other players. So the only way to repair them is to pk other players, or spend hours at spectrals. So the price of the weapons and armor shouldn't fluctuate too much, because once they are used, you can't trade them.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:00:31 am »
I've killed around 500 Spectrals, not a single Ancient Energy drop.
However you can buy corrupted Ancient armors and ask a friend to kill you while you have the armor on.
This way your friend will recieve an X-amount of Ancient Energy (depending on howmany charges the armor has left) which he will give back to you afterwards. (Since it's tradeable)

The problem is not recieving the Ancient Energy from NPCs, since that's quite hard according to my experience.
But the problem is that a lot of people aren't intressed in the corrupted versions of the Ancien armors and who will be happy to exchange them for Ancient Energy which they can use for Vesta's or Statius's armors.

My idea to solve this problem is to lower the amount of Ancient Energy what can be obtained by Corrupted armors.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 11:02:14 am »
I've killed around 500 Spectrals, not a single Ancient Energy drop.
However you can buy corrupted Ancient armors and ask a friend to kill you while you have the armor on.
This way your friend will recieve an X-amount of Ancient Energy (depending on howmany charges the armor has left) which he will give back to you afterwards. (Since it's tradeable)

The problem is not recieving the Ancient Energy from NPCs, since that's quite hard according to my experience.
But the problem is that a lot of people aren't intressed in the corrupted versions of the Ancien armors and who will be happy to exchange them for Ancient Energy which they can use for Vesta's or Statius's armors.

My idea to solve this problem is to lower the amount of Ancient Energy what can be obtained by Corrupted armors.
I like the way how is it at the moment, normal and corrupt have the same amount of charges so they should drop the same amount of Ancient Energy otherwise corrupt items will turn into junk drops.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 11:52:37 am »
Problem is.. that there isn't alot of pkers online,

Its only pures who are there. and not alot of mains around

But i agree with this idea, it should be obtained as player kill in the wildy(Not the safe wildy)

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 09:34:15 pm »
Considering it's a pking set, it only makes sense.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Mary

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 02:51:32 pm »
The energy is already only obtainable throughout pvp? ... >.>
The spectrals don't drop it.

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 04:00:08 pm »
The only way to repair ancient armours and weapons is to use Ancient Energy. That can be obtained by killing other players wearing ancient equipment or by picking it up as drops from Spectrals. They can only be traded if they have not been used in combat before! Recharging them to full with the energy will not make them tradable again.
^Probably a mistake by Thomy then

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Mary

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 04:20:21 pm »
The only way to repair ancient armours and weapons is to use Ancient Energy. That can be obtained by killing other players wearing ancient equipment or by picking it up as drops from Spectrals. They can only be traded if they have not been used in combat before! Recharging them to full with the energy will not make them tradable again.
^Probably a mistake by Thomy then
That's indeed a typo by thomy then, they absolutely do not drop the energy ;)

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 04:21:19 pm »
The items indeed are very easy to get, buying is the easiest.
Kill 2 dharok people in wild and you can afford statius legs and plate, which are almost non-degradeable.

Maybe it's just made almost impossible to degrade so the most of the community accepts the Update more, I dont know.

It's a good armour indeed, costs a lot less than I thought it would.

Offline Cococola

• Liked: 106 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 06:33:23 pm »

What is the drop rate for the energy through pvp though? I was wearing my statius helm for 5 kills and didn't get any.

Emps-scape moderator

Offline Gold2m

• Liked: 11 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 06:34:41 pm »

What is the drop rate for the energy through pvp though? I was wearing my statius helm for 5 kills and didn't get any.
You get the charges when you kill someone wearing it.
Pages: 1