The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Cahit

• Liked: 229 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
A new quest idea
« on: January 17, 2019, 07:49:21 pm »
Hello ladies and gentlemen!

I would like to hear what you guys say about this quest story line idea and see whether or not it's worth making a script for. Without any further ado, let's jump right into it!

Quest name: Mystery of a wandering threat

A quest that involves the player to search and track down hints to solve a mystery that could potentially save their home from a serious threat. Throughout the quest, the player has to visit different parts of the world to look for evidence that could help lead to the main threat. To give some background about this threat. There is an evil necromancer called “Vrazhar” who is seeking to destroy the world of Emps by summoning 3 dark demons named: Na’ash, Av’ar and Urga’l. Each of the demons are hidden in 3 different regions of the world, planning to invade our lovely home.

Vrazhar - The necromancer                   Av'ar / Na'sh / Urga'l - The 3 demons
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To start the quest the player has to speak to the doomsayer that can be found in the sight of the Grand Exchange main entrance. The doomsayer starts the dialogue by warning the player of the existing demonic threat. Make the doomsayer do animations that shows fear maybe?

Could be placed here? ->     

So some background about the main protagonist of the quest. Apparently, the doomsayer and Vrazhar has known each other since a long time until …. the doomsayer realized that Vrazhar was using him to gain evil knowledge. Evil enough to summon destructive demons to do things for his own bidding. Where the only way to stop him is by killing his 3 summoned demons. After killing each demon, they will drop a torn paper containing a ritual spell. However, the player needs to collect all 3 torn papers to combine them and solve the mystery to know the full ritual spell. This is later required to process during the quest to summon Vrazhar in a specific ritual place which the player will be informed about later.

The ritual could take place maybe in one of the black knight’s fortress rooms? Where the player has to use the paper of the ritual spell on the green cauldron to trigger the “X” Board and make Vrazhar summon on top of it? Like shown:

Another place could be this which is close to falador: Here the player has to use the torn pages on each pillar that has a sign in order for the ritual to work.

At the end of the quest, the player has to defeat Vrazhar in combat after summoning him. After defeating the necromancer the player has to return back to the doomsayer to finish the quest and to receive the rewards! The ability to wield the demon defender? maybe this could be released together with the demon defender? As part of the reward, could possibly introduce titles to the game that would work like in-game icons? for instance, after completing the quest the player unlocks the title “Peacekeeper” or “The hero” which can be shown next/behind the player name as a suffix. Titles will appear with a player's name in public chat, when the player is right-clicked.

In fact, more titles can be added to the game in future quests that gives the player a title based on the quest? Also what do you think of applying this to other achievements such as getting 250M in all skills would unlock“ [Name] The "Completionist” title?

Credits: Thanks to Boejuh2 for assisting me with the story  ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:01:59 am by Cahit »
Player Moderator since January 16th 2019
Game Moderator since March 13th 2019
Player Administrator since April 13th 2019
Resigned since September 11th 2019
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Sam, Bluestorm, Godjan, S Clegane, Rotanas, Darker Manz, Kurd, Ironsuomi, Ironman Miku

Offline Ironman Miku

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: A new quest idea
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 07:56:29 pm »
And again Cahit comes back with brilliant idea xD! Imo this would be so good to relase this quest with demon defender. Sth absolutely different into the game maybe increase the rate of ppl daily!
Keep up with the ideas!
The following users liked this post: Cahit

Offline N I N J A

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:03:25 pm »
well cahit this will b really great update..
but i dont think many people will do it cuz of that reward witch is allowing demon defenders cuz 2 many people of emps comunity r poors and that wont actully work for them when they cant get the defender itself
anyways....
great idea at all
good luck

Offline Ironsuomi

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • llllll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:55:08 am »
Some feedback.

Very well made thread and I like the idea of this quest and the idea of actually useful quest, but some changes I personally would make,

• Move Doomsayer (the start of the quest) further away from Ge to Varrock for example, Imo we don't need more quests near ge.
  • I'm not a big fan of these titles, would just look messy in my opinion, maybe if there was a toggle in settings to turn off them?
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Tulrak, Cahit, S Clegane

Offline Bluestorm

• Liked: 522 times
  • +1/-0
  • Adam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 10:50:24 am »
Well I agree with suomi about the place plus about the ritual spell's place if there is a far place such as moon/lunar island or west of the world map just to let players to discover new areas..

But the idea is perfect aswell.
The following users liked this post: Cahit, S Clegane, Ironsuomi

Offline Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 01:01:06 pm »
Thank you all for the feedback. First of all, this is mainly Cahit' project. I just gave him my thoughts and suggestions in the early stage.

I have to agree though with Ironsuomi about the title rewards, this is not a thing we should add in Emps-World. It's just straight up messy.

About the location of the Doomsayer, we've considered other places but we've mainly chosen to place it near the Grand Exchange because doomsayers want to be heared, and to be heared they'll have to be in crowded areas.
The other quests currently active at the GE are temporarily ones, and thus will be removed soon. Also, when the quest is completed, the doomsayer should be placed to another location, waiting for another dangerous threat. Making the GE quest free again.

I also put some thought into the Demon Defender. It should be a non-tradable item with  a requirement for wielding it should be a combined level of 170, in both the Attack and Strenght skill. This is an average of 85, equal to all demon weapons, and it should be dropped in two or three parts, obtainable from different demon bosses/monsters. To combine the parts you will have to have finishes this quest. Which should be easy considering the requirements of the quest should be the same as for wielding the defender, but obtaining the parts will be alot harder.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018
The following users liked this post: Cahit, Darker Manz

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 01:30:22 pm »
About the location of the Doomsayer, we've considered other places but we've mainly chosen to place it near the Grand Exchange because doomsayers want to be heared, and to be heared they'll have to be in crowded areas.
Players aren't the only people in Emps, at some times during the day there's more npcs in the varrock pub than there are players in GE. So it would make more sense for doomsayers to either be on the other side of the street from the pub or at varrock square, close to the shops, where people walking past would hear them. They would want to target the average person visiting shops and the pub more than the professionals working around GE.

This non-immersive lore won't do. Players want to feel like they're a part of the game world with NPCs living in it and not just that there's players in a game and that's all that NPCs care about.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:41:42 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Cahit, Ironsuomi

Offline Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 04:21:33 pm »
Players aren't the only people in Emps, at some times during the day there's more npcs in the varrock pub than there are players in GE. So it would make more sense for doomsayers to either be on the other side of the street from the pub or at varrock square, close to the shops, where people walking past would hear them. They would want to target the average person visiting shops and the pub more than the professionals working around GE.

This non-immersive lore won't do. Players want to feel like they're a part of the game world with NPCs living in it and not just that there's players in a game and that's all that NPCs care about.
Not like these level 3 citizens of Varrock are going to make a stand against these mighty demons, right? ._.

But you make a valid point, the world isn't only there for the players, also for the NPCs, and their world is threatened aswel! Thanks for the feedback.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018

Offline Sam

• Liked: 81 times
  • +0/-0
  • If it matters, I'd walk through hell for it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 12:37:07 am »
You finally posted it :p

I support it, undoubtedly :)
Ex-Staff member

~Veteran Israeli

Offline Kurd

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 01:27:31 am »
I am in love with this idea. So great. If you make ideas like this come true, I would definately stay here long. I love this and the fact that this is in ge its very good!!!!!!!!!11

Offline Rotanas

• Liked: 279 times
  • +0/-0
  • rotanas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 03:24:06 am »
about completionist title. comp cape have better stats than a max cape or like max cape in emps im not sure.
but comp player will wear that cape everywhere. every1 will know he is completionist from a cape and that title would be useless.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:29:41 am by Rotanas »
Pages: 1