The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: A new mini-game!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2016, 11:09:31 am »
- ring of vigour -> reduces special attack cost by 7.5 energy (decrease korasi special attack cost to 55-57.5% energy. dds will have 5 special attacks).
Vigour is good as it is, it doesn't need to be changed.

Regarding weapons, I still think chaotic weapons are the way to go. We have more versatile ranged and magic weapons than melee. That is why Soul Wars will have more melee weapons then ranged or magic weapons.

- Chaotic rapier -> it will be one of the fastest hitting (strength same as regular whip) and the most accurate 1-handed melee weapon. This item will be very popular for stakers and Pkers who use the new meta special attack weapon dds.
- Chaotic longsword -> This item would be slower than rapier and weaker than chaotic maul. I currently see no place where it fits. Therefore it will not get added.
- Chaotic maul -> The highest normal hitting melee attack. Its accuracy will be 5-10 higher than zspear (155-160 instead of 150) and the max hit will increase by 5 in the best armour for strength. The only requirement for this item will be 85 strength. Obsidian maul pures will have a chance to compete in wilderness again
- Chaotic crossbow -> This crossbow will be a 2 handed and slow, but very hard hitting item (stronger than hunters cbow + divine) which increases enchanted bolts to proc by 10-25%.
- Chaotic staff -> This staff will be a 2 handed item (more accurate than rod + ely ss, but same magic strength) which deals 15% additional damage of your hit (e.g. 50 + 7.5, similar effect as godbows + arrows)
We don't have more versatile ranged and magic weapons. Melee arguably has the most variety in weapons, you discount things that are roughly the same it still has equal variety to ranged. Magic has the lowest variety out of all of them. Cstaff sounds hella overpowered. T75 dominion weapons are the way to go.

- Experience in Smithing, Slayer (members only), Herblore,  Agility (members only) and Crafting (members only). new
The only exp in here I approve of is agility, the rest should not be earned from this minigame. Even agility exp shouldn't be, it would kill the rest of the agility skill since this minigame would actually be fun to do.

- Charging/Repairing Chaotic weapons costs 50 ZP + 5.000.000 coins (2000 charges).
- Charging/Repairing Bonecrusher costs 25 ZP + 2.500.000 coins (1000 charges).

Chaotic items and bonecrusher are only tradable when fully degraded. Upon the death, these items degrade instantly.
2.5k per charge, at this point using ancient weapons would be cheaper, I wouldn't deem these weapons worth using due to their cost. 2.5k per bone buried as well? I'd rather pick them up and bury them, this is in no way worth it. None of these are worth it.

Their Combat level is always 150-130 (will need alot testing not to make the game too difficult) at the beginning. However they also gain power (indirectly) by the amount of people playing.

The boss will have two different attacks (single target melee multi target ranged).

At 50% HP the boss becomes immune again and spawns 'minions' equal to the 'amount of players in their team / 2' (5 players = 2.5 minions -> 3 minions). These minions will have around 100 hp and be very tanky to stall the game. The boss will still continue to attack your team, even if he is immune. Once you killed all minions, the boss loses his shields and becomes vulnerable again.
At 25% HP the boss gains a shield and spawns a wave of minions for the last time again. It will be the same amount as before, but they will be stronger this time. Their HP will be 150 and they focus on pure offensive powers. They will have very low defence but  insanely high offensive power (e.g. arzinian avatars).
The first minion wave will be melee and the second minion wave will be a mixture of ranged and magic creatures. Which npcs to choose can be discusses later. When the last wave of minions has died, you can rush the boss and finish the game.
Minion mechanic sounds frustrating and a pain to deal with. Boss should never be completely immune to damage.

How about Ancient effigies? http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_effigies
Assisting system would look wonderful. :)
I read the page, assist system has nothing to do with effigies.
;

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2016, 11:47:17 am »
- ring of vigour -> reduces special attack cost by 7.5 energy (decrease korasi special attack cost to 55-57.5% energy. dds will have 5 special attacks).

Regarding weapons, I still think chaotic weapons are the way to go. We have more versatile ranged and magic weapons than melee. That is why Soul Wars will have more melee weapons then ranged or magic weapons.

- Chaotic rapier -> it will be one of the fastest hitting (strength same as regular whip) and the most accurate 1-handed melee weapon. This item will be very popular for stakers and Pkers who use the new meta special attack weapon dds.
- Chaotic longsword -> This item would be slower than rapier and weaker than chaotic maul. I currently see no place where it fits. Therefore it will not get added.
- Chaotic maul -> The highest normal hitting melee attack. Its accuracy will be 5-10 higher than zspear (155-160 instead of 150) and the max hit will increase by 5 in the best armour for strength. The only requirement for this item will be 85 strength. Obsidian maul pures will have a chance to compete in wilderness again
- Chaotic crossbow -> This crossbow will be a 2 handed and slow, but very hard hitting item (stronger than hunters cbow + divine) which increases enchanted bolts to proc by 10-25%.
- Chaotic staff -> This staff will be a 2 handed item (more accurate than rod + ely ss, but same magic strength) which deals 15% additional damage of your hit (e.g. 50 + 7.5, similar effect as godbows + arrows)
We don't have more versatile ranged and magic weapons. Melee arguably has the most variety in weapons, you discount things that are roughly the same it still has equal variety to ranged. Magic has the lowest variety out of all of them. Cstaff sounds hella overpowered. T75 dominion weapons are the way to go.

- Experience in Smithing, Slayer (members only), Herblore,  Agility (members only) and Crafting (members only). new
The only exp in here I approve of is agility, the rest should not be earned from this minigame. Even agility exp shouldn't be, it would kill the rest of the agility skill since this minigame would actually be fun to do.

- Charging/Repairing Chaotic weapons costs 50 ZP + 5.000.000 coins (2000 charges).
- Charging/Repairing Bonecrusher costs 25 ZP + 2.500.000 coins (1000 charges).

Chaotic items and bonecrusher are only tradable when fully degraded. Upon the death, these items degrade instantly.
2.5k per charge, at this point using ancient weapons would be cheaper, I wouldn't deem these weapons worth using due to their cost. 2.5k per bone buried as well? I'd rather pick them up and bury them, this is in no way worth it. None of these are worth it.

Their Combat level is always 150-130 (will need alot testing not to make the game too difficult) at the beginning. However they also gain power (indirectly) by the amount of people playing.

The boss will have two different attacks (single target melee multi target ranged).

At 50% HP the boss becomes immune again and spawns 'minions' equal to the 'amount of players in their team / 2' (5 players = 2.5 minions -> 3 minions). These minions will have around 100 hp and be very tanky to stall the game. The boss will still continue to attack your team, even if he is immune. Once you killed all minions, the boss loses his shields and becomes vulnerable again.
At 25% HP the boss gains a shield and spawns a wave of minions for the last time again. It will be the same amount as before, but they will be stronger this time. Their HP will be 150 and they focus on pure offensive powers. They will have very low defence but  insanely high offensive power (e.g. arzinian avatars).
The first minion wave will be melee and the second minion wave will be a mixture of ranged and magic creatures. Which npcs to choose can be discusses later. When the last wave of minions has died, you can rush the boss and finish the game.
Minion mechanic sounds frustrating and a pain to deal with. Boss should never be completely immune to damage.

How about Ancient effigies? http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_effigies
Assisting system would look wonderful. :)
I read the page, assist system has nothing to do with effigies.
Can you please stop suggesting dominion weapons already? Nobody likes them.

Also the weapons will he used regardless of the cost because they are arguably the strongest weapons. Maybe not so much for training but right now people even refuse to use pvp armour for training even though it's very cheap to repair.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:52:27 am by Lars »

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 01:02:06 pm »

Vigour is same as ring of stone. Nobody will spend hours to get 300 ZP to buy a ring of stone.

If you like dominion weapons that much, write your own suggestion about them. I can guarantee you these items wont be seen in the soul wars shop.

Magic is a skill on its own. The strongest weapons are rod and zstaff. You wont be able to use these spells with cstaff. Spells such as barrages and waves will hit higher, but they will also cost runes. Since it will be a 2-handed staff, you will have 0 defensive bonus which is a sacrifice for additional attack power.
The same goes for ranged. The new items will be t85.

How would it kill the skills? I am sure training skills with soul wars will be slower than actually training the skill as you do now. You sacrifice efficiency for some fun.

weapons are t85 and cost more the charge. Just go ahead and use your ancient melee weapons. LOL.
Regarding bonecrusher, I think you did not get it. Let's make it easier for you.

1000 d bones = 600k xp ~20m
Bonecrusher with 1000 charges = 750k xp ~ 2.5m

What sounds frustrating for you is their strength.. numbers can be tweaked anyday. I guess you can remove the immunity and add additional effects to the minions to make them more annoying (e.g. melee minions stunning you).

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:15:31 am by Eddie1408 »

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 07:06:59 pm »
Idk about xp rewards... That means that u can get 99 slayer without slaying a single monster. Nty

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2016, 09:11:56 pm »
After reading through the topic I also have a thing or two to say.

You want the chaotics to be the best and strongest weapons in the game, yet their requirements are low? Like.. The melee weapons should/could have 80-90 stat requirement. C maul does not need to replace obby maul, it is supposed to be the strongest pounder in the game. This could also make attack pures a thing again  ::)

About the tradeabilty of the chaotics: since void was made tradable the server is flooded with it and it's considered as junk. This should not happen with Chaotics. They should be hard to get and it should stay like that. I feel that void and fire capes should also be like this, but we cant chage them so lets not make the same mistake again.
Chaotics could protect over everything besides rares and you should completely lose them upon death.

Edit: also could you please do so that the new vigour would be lost upon death in pvp, since people have realised they don't have to risk stone and need to use less special energy the price of stones has dropped from stable 1m to 300-500k
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:55:56 am by Earl »
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot, Ironmandommy

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 09:04:43 am »
Nice idea but fuck chaotics

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Eddie1408

• Liked: 120 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 09:27:07 am »

You want the chaotics to be the best and strongest weapons in the game, yet their requirements are low? Like.. The melee weapons should/could have 80-90 stat requirement. C maul does not need to replace obby maul, it is supposed to be the strongest pounder in the game. This could also make attack pures a thing again  ::)

About the tradeabilty of the chaotics: since void was made tradable the server is flooded with it and it's considered as junk. This should not happen with Chaotics. They should be hard to get and it should stay like that. I feel that void and fire capes should also be like this, but we cant chage them so lets not make the same mistake again.
Chaotics could protect over everything besides rares and you should completely lose them upon death.

Edit: also could you please do so that the new vigour would be lost upon death in pvp, since people have realised they don't have to risk stone and need to use less special energy the price of stones has dropped from stable 1m to 300-500k

the strongest items we have right now are t80. Chaotic weapons would be t85 which means you need 85 attack for rapier (-> most accurate 1-handed weapon), 85 strength for maul (-> strongest 2 handed normal hitting weapon), 85 ranged (-> strongest ranged hitting weapon) and 85 magic (-> magic is too complicated).

Regarding void I think it was a horrible to make them tradable, but that was not decided by me... The biggest problem was that you could get void within 1-2 days (less than a day with double xp) which won't be the case this time. You will need to spend atleast 15-20 hours straight (75% win rate) to get 1 weapon.

I did not know that about vigour. As you said, it should be lost upon death :).

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2016, 12:52:42 pm »

the strongest items we have right now are t80. Chaotic weapons would be t85 which means you need 85 attack for rapier (-> most accurate 1-handed weapon), 85 strength for maul (-> strongest 2 handed normal hitting weapon), 85 ranged (-> strongest ranged hitting weapon) and 85 magic (-> magic is too complicated).

Regarding void I think it was a horrible to make them tradable, but that was not decided by me... The biggest problem was that you could get void within 1-2 days (less than a day with double xp) which won't be the case this time. You will need to spend atleast 15-20 hours straight (75% win rate) to get 1 weapon.

I did not know that about vigour. As you said, it should be lost upon death :).
Maul and rapier both should have 85 atk & str req. Nice to see that u gotta grind for them but eventually they will still be flooded  :-X

If maul has no atk req then it's accuracy shouldn't be much better than obby maul's
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:57:01 pm by Earl »
The following users liked this post: Triangle Dot
Pages: 1 2 3