The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
A few small suggestions.
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:28:59 am »
1. Changes to Runecrafting/Rune essence

Runecrafting is a skill that takes a really long time to reach the maximum level 99, maybe it takes the longest time of all the skills. Rune essence is only obtained from several 100+ level monsters as an uncommon or rare drop, and also can be mined, but since there are more exciting ways to make money, nobody does that (except ironmen). That makes their price considerably high, and if you're doing runecrafting by buying rune essence, you actually lose a bit of money most of the time, even tho the skill is supposed to make you some money. I would suggest to add Rune Essence into some commonly killed monster drop tables as a common drop by the amounts of 30 or 40 (could be less). This way, the price of Rune Essence would crash a little and it wouldn't be so bad to train it. Another suggestion about Runecrafting is to either remove some of the high level runes from the rune shops (death, soul, blood, nature) and to put those runes in a shop somewhere in the wilderness (bandit camp can be an option, would put another PKing hotspot in the game) OR increase the base price of all the runes.

2. Removal of PVP armour and weapons.

This one might seem a little extreme, but it would be better if that happened. Currently, Statius Warhammer is the better version of BGS, and is a bit cheaper (Was, I don't know the current price, but I got mine for 4 mil), so it makes the Bandos Godsword a bit useless, considering that it's a drop from such a difficult boss with a 0.5% chance. It's spec decreases defence of a monster by 10% flat no matter the hit and can be used twice. Also, the entire Morrigan's set is just straight "If you don't have it while some people has it, you lose". It's effective against mains, it's effective against pures. It deals an extreme damage against everything, and at level 99 ranged with the right gear it can hit a 70 with a javelin, following the bleed damage. The weapon that was supposed to be used for massive burst damage was a dark bow, but it's underused now, too. Those who already own the armour, I'd suggest, if possible, to add 1-2m coins for every piece they owned, and change the energy into coins by ratio 1 energy: 0.5 coins rounded up.

3. Engine change?

I know, this is a big change and not what the title suggests. I also know that it's not really worth doing with a player count this small. Current client (For me personally) even at 40 mbps download speed, takes really long time to download the cache (took me 2 hours to do so with the background download option), but this one is not that bad. The worst thing about it for me personally is that it doesn't perform well on older PC's, you have to put every setting down just to get at least 60 fps at most times. My suggestion here would be to move from the current engine to 2011-2012 Runescape engine (To at least something like the video below the suggestion). The game would look fucking AMAZING and would probably be better for older machines, too. I had literally no problems running it back in 2012, but now I constantly get "Too many objects" warning and FPS drops in a lot of places with settings that I trust my PC could run. I know, this would make your work on the current engine go into a trash can if you decide to do so, but it still would be nice.

A reset would be nice, too..

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
Re: A few small suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 06:23:57 am »
I kinda agree with you with your suggestions, but last word, reset will do even worst, oldfags like me wont play after reset coz personaly me im enjoying the game, aint grinding now  when i did in past, after reset i wont waste time for rebuild. If we cant get more new players then after reset you lose more then you will gain.

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:31:32 am »
I kinda agree with you with your suggestions, but last word, reset will do even worst, oldfags like me wont play after reset coz personaly me im enjoying the game, aint grinding now  when i did in past, after reset i wont waste time for rebuild. If we cant get more new players then after reset you lose more then you will gain.

Ye, it was written in small letters for a reason, but I don't feel that it's really fun playing a game where there's more supplies getting into the game (and weapons with armour, of course) than there are people using them.

Offline Di Dot

• Liked: 67 times
  • +0/-0
  • Dr. Di
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:41:55 am »

Ye, it was written in small letters for a reason, but I don't feel that it's really fun playing a game where there's more supplies getting into the game (and weapons with armour, of course) than there are people using them.

About weapons and armor you are right also i touched some items but no one care

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 06:53:54 am »
RC is the fastest skill in the game :LUL:
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 10:12:26 am »
1. Changes to Runecrafting/Rune essence
Runecrafting is a skill that takes a really long time to reach the maximum level 99, maybe it takes the longest time of all the skills.
Arguable. It's slower than it used to be, that's for sure.

Rune essence is only obtained from several 100+ level monsters as an uncommon or rare drop, and also can be mined, but since there are more exciting ways to make money, nobody does that (except ironmen). That makes their price considerably high, and if you're doing runecrafting by buying rune essence, you actually lose a bit of money most of the time, even tho the skill is supposed to make you some money. I would suggest to add Rune Essence into some commonly killed monster drop tables as a common drop by the amounts of 30 or 40 (could be less). This way, the price of Rune Essence would crash a little and it wouldn't be so bad to train it.
You wanna know who mine ess? Newer players. You wanna know who you'd be hurting by adding it to monsters? Newer players. Ess really isn't all that expensive. You can still turn a profit, just not on as low of a level as before. That was Thomy's intention by nerfing the multiplication on certain runes. Runecrafting was never intended to be a skill that makes you money, it's a skill that makes you runes. If you don't want to buy ess, mine it. Just incorporate mining ess into your rc trips.

Another suggestion about Runecrafting is to either remove some of the high level runes from the rune shops (death, soul, blood, nature) and to put those runes in a shop somewhere in the wilderness (bandit camp can be an option, would put another PKing hotspot in the game) OR increase the base price of all the runes.
You'd really just create a place for people to run level 3 alts to. Nature aren't high level runes. Decreasing the shop stock wouldn't be too bad, but it wouldn't solve the inherent problem. There isn't really enough content in the game that demands runes. Removing or limiting staves saving runes as a feature might be an easy thing to help this. What we really need is places where you would want to use magic over other things. Now that exp rates were halved for combat a proper spot to barrage at for training would also be nice.

2. Removal of PVP armour and weapons.
This one might seem a little extreme, but it would be better if that happened.
Changing for the better is always a better thing to do that removing. One means less content and the other means content is changed to be better content.

Currently, Statius Warhammer is the better version of BGS, and is a bit cheaper (Was, I don't know the current price, but I got mine for 4 mil), so it makes the Bandos Godsword a bit useless, considering that it's a drop from such a difficult boss with a 0.5% chance. It's spec decreases defence of a monster by 10% flat no matter the hit and can be used twice.
Swh spec is a flat amount, bgs spec is an amount dependent on the hit. There is a difference in the specs, albeit a small one. Swh isn't necessarily better, it's just more reliable. You could decrease the defense of what you're hitting to a lower point with bgs. Regardless, I think you're pointing your finger at the wrong thing here. When was the last time you needed to decrease the def level of anything? These weapons are low in price because what they do isn't as necessary of a thing as in the past when bosses had huge defense levels. Back when they were necessary for bossing both were expensive.

Aside from that, you can re-sell bgs after you use it and swh remains untradable. Bgs also doesn't require any repairs. There are plenty of differences between the two. They can both exist. We have weapons that are in a worse state.

Also, the entire Morrigan's set is just straight "If you don't have it while some people has it, you lose".
Third-range is arguably better due to absorbtion bonus existing. Elite void has both better offensive bonuses and lower requirements. Morrigan's weapons recieved considerable nerfs not too long ago.

It's effective against mains, it's effective against pures.
Big suprise that an armour with good offensive stats is good against everything. Next thing you know 3rd age might actually be good at tanking stuff. Also everything is good against pures, they've got no defense, everything is gonna perform well against them.

It deals an extreme damage against everything, and at level 99 ranged with the right gear it can hit a 70 with a javelin, following the bleed damage.
Yeah except you seem to not know how the spec works. To quote the change from the update notes: "Morrigan javelin special attack adjusted. Before the update, the bleeding effect was 80% of the total hit. The bleeding effect now is 120% of the total hit. To cope with this change, the special attack hit now deals 60%. Simply said, 40% of the initial hit has been converted into bleeding damage."

This means that that 70 would actually be a 42 with a bit of a higher bleed damage. With absorbtion being a thing that's pretty far from 'extreme damage'. It's intended use is to set up kills due to the extra pressure applied by the bleeding damage, it's no longer eating dbow's lunch all that much.

The weapon that was supposed to be used for massive burst damage was a dark bow, but it's underused now, too.
Which was buffed the same patch. Just because it's underused doesn't mean it's bad.

That still leaves spectrals as a monster, vls, zstaff, morrigan's axes, vesta's armour, statius armour and zuriel's armour that are doing nothing wrong in your eyes. Even if everything you said held up, it would still be more beneficial to change rather than remove.

The worst thing about it for me personally is that it doesn't perform well on older PC's, you have to put every setting down just to get at least 60 fps at most times.
Turn settings down to receive better performance, what a shocker. It's like that's something that puts less of a load on your pc and thus makes it perform better. If you're having fps problems consider making a topic in the help me section or a helpdesk ticket about it, Thomy will help you fixing that up.

My suggestion here would be to move from the current engine to 2011-2012 Runescape engine (To at least something like the video below the suggestion). The game would look fucking AMAZING and would probably be better for older machines, too. I had literally no problems running it back in 2012, but now I constantly get "Too many objects" warning and FPS drops in a lot of places with settings that I trust my PC could run. I know, this would make your work on the current engine go into a trash can if you decide to do so, but it still would be nice.
Yeah this would be a lot of work for literally no change. I'm quite sure the current engine would give most people better than a new one given the amount of work Thomy has done to make it perform better. It kind of seems to me that you just want those graphics.

A reset would be nice, too..

Edit:
Play ironman mode, problem solved. Alternatively you can inform people that hunting rare drops for money is bad for moneymaking in general and is what keeps prices low. People will learn eventually.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:26:01 am by Charr »
;
The following users liked this post: Iron Corne, S Clegane

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 10:29:15 am »
Changes to Runecrafting/Rune essence

As a person whose main method back in scape to earn some cash was runecrafting, I'd say that adding what you've suggested could crash the price of the runes then you'll end up with even less profit.
I am not against lowering the amount of runes you can buy from the shop, however not removing em completely as most of the times only new comers are the ones who are buying it from the shop / ironmen.

I don't know if this is the final version of runecrafting because we always heard that it needs a rework but I don't remember seeing an update note that actually mention that its now all done ( you're free to link me one if there is )

Removal of PVP armour and weapons.

I am not a pker my self, however I've always heard that these things are a bit op
I feel like I'll be with removing such items from the game ( eventho I am a kind of player that use pvp items while pvming eventho it costs much more )
the reason I said I don't mind removing it, is because sometimes you have to keep up with the majority
people are crying about why other items has such a low price ( such as bandos, arma and so on ) however this kind of items imo makes it harder for other items to shine.

Imma edit this reply once I come back home for the other 2 things you've mentioned .

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:48:45 am »
people are crying about why other items has such a low price ( such as bandos, arma and so on ) however this kind of items imo makes it harder for other items to shine.
People should learn how the economy works, if everyone goes after rare drops for their money then it's gonna go downhill as a moneymaking method. If PvP armours made it more difficult for other armours to be useful people would be using the pvp armours over them. They're used far less than third age and gwd sets.
;

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 12:58:28 pm »
People should learn how the economy works, if everyone goes after rare drops for their money then it's gonna go downhill as a moneymaking method. If PvP armours made it more difficult for other armours to be useful people would be using the pvp armours over them. They're used far less than third age and gwd sets.
Thats what you, I and some other people believes in
however at some point, if people wants something and they start leaving because of it
eventho you know its wrong, you better give it to them

I am not against nor with changing the game to the old style, however if I see that over 150 people left because they didn't like it how it has changed then no fuck it, bring it back to what they wanted.
people wants high prices, eventho we believe that's the economy is fine as it is now, but seeing 200 players leaving because of the prices
again fuck it, give them what they want

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 01:16:20 pm »

If the economy fails because players do what's more fun for them instead of actively trying to fix the economy at all times, then the problem is in the game.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:28:23 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 01:18:55 pm »
Ok lets disable trading completely and give everything a static price and put every single major item to a store. People can now sell their items to a store for a huge amount of money and buy for the same price they sold it there. That's what they want, right? No, that would he absolutely horrendous. Second option would be to make every single piece of gear degrade into dust and that would kill the fun aspect completely.

Messing with the economy and trying to force things is not good. This is how the economy works in this kind of games, there's eventually going to be an overflow of item(s).
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:44 pm »
Ehem. "Few small suggestions". I agree with Charr on this one. Otto also seems to be right in terms of exp/h.
Going to bet this is just another one of those suggestions left behind.

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 02:29:26 pm »
Ok lets disable trading completely and give everything a static price and put every single major item to a store. People can now sell their items to a store for a huge amount of money and buy for the same price they sold it there. That's what they want, right? No, that would he absolutely horrendous. Second option would be to make every single piece of gear degrade into dust and that would kill the fun aspect completely.

Messing with the economy and trying to force things is not good. This is how the economy works in this kind of games, there's eventually going to be an overflow of item(s).

The game could just be made more dangerous, a lot more dangerous. I mean really dangerous to the point that people start considering using metal armor to not risk losing items.

Cons:
  • People lose their items.

Pros:

The pros outweigh the cons, because having items isn't actually making the game any fun, whereas players having more control over how successful they are could be more fun.
The following users liked this post: Di Dot

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 02:40:32 pm »

The game could just be made more dangerous, a lot more dangerous. I mean really dangerous to the point that people start considering using metal armor to not risk losing items.

Cons:

Pros:

The pros outweigh the cons, because having items isn't actually making the game any fun, whereas players having more control over how successful they are could be more fun.
This is "a natural" item sink which is a good thing and I like it and the game is going to turn to be more dangerous in the next update where armors defense bonus' gets nerfed pretty significantly because at the moment you can just use 3rd age mage robes, battle robes or even void and take no damage and heal yourself up with blood barrage at godwars for example. Next update hopefully changes that and you have to mix some armors such as add in magic defense armor or something.

My reply was on more of a sarcastic side and hopefully none takes it seriously but it has some truth to it. Setting up static prices is the only way to make prices high instantly. Players have accustomed seeing a shit load of money and items from videos, other peoples bank pictures, through staking and whatnot and hence they think only the items are cheap. Worth of gp has gone down in a same manner. So basically having 200m before is equivalent to having 50m now.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 02:49:34 pm »
Majority of the combat gear isnt leaving the game because PKing with this player count is silly to begin with, but also because "dangerous" bosses are far from being worth soloing anymore because of all the buffs to them. There isnt too many players who want to go team with you. GAs also prevent items from leaving the game.

If the weakness combat changes people are suggesting go through with no adjustments to bosses, melee will become even more useless in PvM situations than it already is and magic will be the dominant one.

I would personally like to see bosses made easier and drop rates made more rare. This way more pots and supplies leave the game ad well. Bosses in Emps werent even real bosses, but still they were popular as all hell.
The following users liked this post: Junkz, S Clegane
Pages: 1 2