The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Brony Fggt

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
A "better use" for World 3
« on: February 24, 2017, 06:32:14 pm »
I know this suggestion will get a lot of hate and backlash, I'd lose a lot of reputation here, but I just HAVE to put it here. I don't actually know the posibilities this server has, so I'm sorry if this suggestion sounds stupid.

I know that World 3 is a testing world where you can spawn items and etc. and I don't think it can be changed. Since I saw many topics about the current state of economy and money sinks, and in Emps-World clan chat how this server is too capitalistic.

So, I came up with an idea that the World 3 could be made into a whole new world where our stats are "seperate" from the main game. We all would have to start from scratch, no skills and no gold with a few improvements that the server could have:

1. The experience rates: The experience rates could be reduced from 22x to 15x, so getting a 99 would be a little bit more challenging and 99 in all melee skills wouldn't take 2 nights of afking at bloodworms.

2. The starting items: I think that the starting items should give you less supplies. The runes would still be the same, but the starting gold in my opinion could be maximum 10,000 gold, since 25k seems like much to me.

3. Untradeable items: I think that all of the items that you get from minigames should be made untradeable and you would always retrieve it when you die. To avoid abuse, I suggest that if you die with a void armour piece, dragon defender, fire cape, ava's accumulator, you'd have to repaid them for 500,000 gold each, so you can wear them again. Lower-tier items would cost less to repair. The killer would get 75% of the repair cost as a coins drop. Elemental whips should have 50% chance of dropping the crystal to the player who killed you, and 50% chance of giving nothing. When dying in PVM, however, you'd always keep those items, even if they're not protected without any fee (could be changed). Gold would have more value, minigames would be worth playing and PKing wouldn't be so terrible.

So, if this idea somehow gets implemented, if the new world would get a lot of attention and players playing there for like a month than in the main game, the main game could be moved to world 3 and the new world would be switched to 1 and 2.

And again, I don't know the possibilies the programmers could do. Plus, we wouldn't lose any players since the main servers are still going to be there.

So, what do you think?

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: A "better use" for World 3
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 06:45:04 pm »
2 worlds at our current player count is already too much
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Bluestorm

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:29 pm »
Yeah dividing the already small community is a great idea. It will surely improve the absence of people in the wilderness and at minigames. It will help the economy because there will be less people to buy stuff from or sell stuff to. Reducing exp rates is great fun, people have always wanted to spend that extra night afking at bloodworms but never really got something out of it. The starting cash you get is surely relevant when people can mine ess right off the bat if they need money.

Sarcasm aside, suggestions do not require seperate gamemodes. Starter cash is irrelevant as hell since mining ess can be done right off the bat, it takes a few seconds to mine that 15 extra ess. Repairing untradables wouldn't be a bad thing, but it can be done without a seperate gamemode. It would have to be balanced of course. Elemental whip does not need to sink more stuff that it already does. Even if it does, giving it the option to be repaired using abyssal whips is way better. These changes do not suddenly put pking and minigames from terrible to good, it's a tad more complex than that.

Starting anew is not an option for a lot of players since they have significant progress in the 'old game' you would split the community, ultimately resulting in both games hurting from it. If you want an example take a good look at how many people started to actively play an ironman and stopped playing on their main account.

Not to mention you'd ruin a perfectly good testing environment for the actual game. That slows down progress on the wiki, so no, this idea can buggar off.
;
The following users liked this post: Hi Im Ethan

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 06:54:14 pm »
"I know this suggestion will get a lot of hate and backlash, I'd lose a lot of reputation here"
You have no reputation so there's nothing to lose.

That would be total waste of time. Like mentioned before, we dont have enough players.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 07:10:28 pm »
Instead, maybe making World 1 only for use? Which will make people more competitive?

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 07:42:54 pm »
Completely separate server was discussed back when we had 1000 players. And it was discussed as a world for only pking. Now when we have 10x less players it just doesnt make sense.

2 worlds at our current player count is already too much

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Roland

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
  • Mumu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »

Offline Mary

• Liked: 170 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 12:06:16 am »
fukin don't touch my world
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Charr, Cjkinsey6

Offline Cjkinsey6

• Liked: 334 times
  • +0/-0
  • Daniel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 01:53:57 am »
I don't think it would be worthwhile opening World 3 up to players just for the suggestions that you have given. In the grand scheme of things, they are very minor and I don't see why we need a brand new world just for these features. You could have just suggested them to be introduced into the current game.

Personally I would keep things the way they are, World 3 is useful for testing and for Wiki members to collect information they need to keep the Wiki updated.
Further dividing the playerbase is also not a good idea, the 2 worlds we have now is already pushing it a bit and I wouldn't even be entirely against closing world 2.

Also, you should never be afraid to post your suggestions. No one will hold anything against you for suggesting something that they may disagree with :P We like to hear everyone's thoughts & suggestions so keep them coming.
Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 14, 2016
Emps-World Game Moderator Since August 4, 2016
Emps-World Player Administrator Since January 17, 2017

Kill the boy and let the man be born.

The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Charr

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 03:14:06 pm »
i just don't see many players who would go to w3 for that, maybe 1-5 active players would join it

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017
2. Game moderator ?? ??
3. Profit 25/08/2017
Pages: 1