The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
Re: missed the emps community. (updated on May 18, now with fish!)
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 10:59:28 pm »
10/10 for dexter

pls do powerpuffgirls

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 01:29:19 am »
ok lmao what the fuck.

This is fine dedication at its best. The dedication is real.

Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit

I can do "Holy shit" although due to the 20k letter limit, I couldn't do it in a forum post (as it turned out that it would've gone way over 100k characters with all the BBCodes unless I made it really tiny) :(, anyway as requested:

This one wasn't created in Photoshop.

pls do powerpuffgirls

done
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:58:39 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Avenus, Il Skill L, Just Humen

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 09:34:58 am »
ok lmao what the fuck.

This is fine dedication at its best. The dedication is real.

Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit

I can do "Holy shit" although due to the 20k letter limit, I couldn't do it in a forum post (as it turned out that it would've gone way over 100k characters with all the BBCodes unless I made it really tiny) :(, anyway as requested:

This one wasn't created in Photoshop.

pls do powerpuffgirls

Sure, I've something planned but it'll take a while to finish.

Motherfucker you just made my tattooooooooo  :D :D
That's amazing!!

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
Re: missed the emps community. (updated on May 20)
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 09:36:41 am »
Really impressive, I hope it's not a waste of time.

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Tulrak

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Missed the Emps community.
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 11:15:31 am »

Make Jimmy Neutron right now!

Not sure if I got the right character :-\ and considering that you didn't specify which items you want me to use, I'm going to go with fish again, because they have more variety than the uncuts and I'm too lazy to go through other items. You also didn't specify the size of the image so I'm going to double the width of the image from the previous 75 icons which was used for all other pictures to 150 icons.

Although I instantly regret increasing the size as my monitor isn't big enough to see the whole thing in full size and when zoomed out the icons are too small to see. Still enjoy this complete failure:

http://i.imgur.com/lbrV3KW.png

New attempt with the width of 60:
http://i.imgur.com/qiXCNZE.png

New one:
Tried a different method for creating the image.
Included the steps for how I made it.

Sapphires:

Didn't have any green so no emeralds.

Rubies:

Diamonds:

Opals:

Dragonstones:

Onyxes (final result):

Feedback?

Pros:
More details for smaller size.
Cons:
Less colors, because can't use fish as they wouldn't match up and I'm not sure how good they would look when they don't, might try one day but not today.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:39:50 pm by Tulrak »

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 11:35:27 am »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 02:01:22 pm »
How much time did it take you? I'm genuinely impressed, awesome!

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Offline Tulrak

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 02:11:45 pm »
How much time did it take you? I'm genuinely impressed, awesome!

Most is Photoshop magic, the problem is limited colors, but it'll be quick from now on, quicker than the other method.
Feel free to request anything else, something that I can find an image of on Google, don't have any drawing talent, so I need a picture in the background while I'm making it.

Started with Jimmy Neutron shortly after I finished the flag of Kekistan. Was pretty much finished when I started making a signature that was requested in my signature request.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Tulrak

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 05:55:45 pm »
Might as well show how I make these.

I've managed to figure out a few things about Photoshop that made creating these easier than placing them by hand (which is how I made such pictures in Scape times). Going to skip the detailed tutorial for how I placed them by hand, because it's probably easy to figure out (copy, paste, move to right place, paste another, move to right place and so on).

Next was that I took the size of the uncuts and later fish, took an image that I wanted to recreate, reduced the number of colors to the number of items I had and set the colors to be what the average color of the icons were, let Photoshop recreate the image with only those colors. Resized the picture smaller to lose details, then resized it bigger based on the size of the icons (made the images 21 times wider and 22 times taller), so that I turned each pixel into a rectangle the size of the icon and then used the fill tool to replace the colored rectangles with icons based on their color. That's how I created all the images in this topic before the ones today.

The method I came up with today doesn't require resizing and as such it keeps some more details, although a lot of details are still lost when the colors are limited. I can give detailed instructions for this method, if anyone has Photoshop and wants to do something dumb. Gonna ruin the 'magic' of it though. I'm using Photoshop CC 2014, although I believe that other versions will be similar. Going to explain it in a lot of details. No pictures for optional parts, to save space.

1. First off, find an image that you want to recreate.

2. Copy and paste it into Photoshop.

Optional step in case you want to use items other than fish or uncuts (Skip to 3 if you want to use uncuts, which I will provide):
Find the item IDs. Google, Emps-Wiki, ::devon command in game or the Grand Exchange Market watcher on the home page can all be used.
You'll find the icons by using this link, replacing ID_HERE with the item ID:

Code: [Select]
http://emps-world.net/img/itemicons/individual/ID_HERE.pngCopy and paste that icon into Photoshop, edit it if you want to (might want to remove the background and the shadow of the icon with Magic Wand).
Go to the 'Edit' menu at the top, look for 'Define Pattern...', give it a name and save it, but don't close it yet. Find the average color of the icon, the easiest way to do that is to delete the black contour with the Magic Wand with 'Contiguous' unticked and tolerance set to 0.
Then go to the 'Filter' menu at the top and choose Blur>Average, it'll give you the average color of the icon, use the eyedropper tool to get the color and write down the color code, including the info of which item it refers to. Now you can close the image. Repeat with all the other items you want to use.

3. Find 'Indexed Color...'. In my version it's under Image>Mode

Optional step in case you're using your own items from the previous optional step. (Skip to 4 if you want to use uncuts):
You'll need to create your own palette. First you need to reduce the number of colors to the number of icons you have.
For that, change 'Palette' to one of the Local or Master ones and tick transparency if it's not ticked already.
If the number after 'Colors' is more than 1 extra compared to the number of icons you have then change 'Forced:' to 'None' enable Transparency and change the number after 'Colors:' to 0. Change 'Forced:' to 'Custom...' and press OK. That'll get rid of the colors from the custom Palette, now for 'Palette' choose 'Custom...' and pick all the colors that you wrote down earlier in your palette. Press OK and you're done with the Palette, skip the next step.

4. Under 'Palette:' select 'Custom...'

5. Click 'Load...' and import 'uncuts palette.act' downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0d4favGIds-NWdyWG5xX2s4UDQ
For fish you need to find the averages yourself. Check the previous optional steps for instructions on how you can do that.

Your Palette should look something like this (this is for uncuts):

6. Press OK and OK again and Photoshop will do its magic and reduce the image to those colors.

7. Now go back to Image>Mode and select RGB again (this is so that you could use the icons, which have full colors).

8. Choose Magic Wand, change 'Tolerance' to 0 make sure 'Anti-alias', 'Contiguous' and 'Sample All Layers' are all unticked. Pick one color in your image and select all pixels of that color.

9. Create a new layer.

10. Choose Fill tool under Edit menu.

11. Under Contents, for 'Use:' select 'Pattern'

Your settings should look something like this (but without the patterns):

12. To import the patterns click on the small arrow next to the icon in 'Custom Pattern', click on the settings button and choose 'Load Patterns...'

13. Import 'uncuts and fish.pat' downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0d4favGIds-U3hKUW9uQkFLelE

14. Now choose the item that the color is supposed to represent and press OK, then select all the pixels of the next color, use the Fill tool again, choose the next pattern and repeat for every color.

Make sure you do it on a different layer than the original, so that you can hide the original.

You're done.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 02:03:45 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Just Humen, Charr, Hi Im Ethan

Offline Pk Range99

• Liked: 209 times
  • +0/-0
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 01:39:00 pm »
dem ponies tho, juicy

1. Player moderator 18/04/2017