The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Discussion / Re: Hello everyone // Come reminisce with me about old memories
« Last post by Chris on September 25, 2023, 02:24:38 am »
Woof. I feel forgotten. Xxskinney13x.

What about Youbejooin, Mod Mai, Kluke. Rock Gyo. I’m sure there’s a bunch of others I’m forgetting.

I miss the old Mod Crew. Back from like 2010.
Update Notes / Updates September 22nd - Mining Rework, Dyed Items and Material Lighting
« Last post by Thomy on September 22, 2023, 06:51:20 am »
Hello everybody!

We're extending the veteran ranks of up to 16 years. The item pool that can be dyed has been expanded with Chrysos, Promethium and Necator. There have also been changes to the Mining skill lowering level requirements for existing. We also added bane ore, which can be smithed into powerful ammunition against certain types of enemies. Moreover, the lighting system has reached its final stage allowing us to configure material properties.

Specular Lighting and Material Properties
The lighting system is reaching its final state. We introduce global illumination aka the sun light. This means that small amounts of light is cast on everything in the game. This results in more realistic scenery. The specular lighting system was improved, which allows us to give materials different reflective properties. Meaning that light shining on metal looks different from light shining on grass. These properties have been applied to various different kinds of armours and floors. Please let me know if something is too shiny or not quite shiny enough. Defining reflective properties of materials is still work in progress and takes quite some time to for finetuning. If you want to check it out by yourself try equipping some metal armour and move the camera around. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

Mining Rework
The Mining skill has been reworked to make it more user-friendly and afkable. Pickaxes and Mining levels now also have a heavier impact on ore retrieval speeds. Following things have been changed:
  • You no longer get 2 ores per successful mine action. You get single ores at faster intervals now.
  • Your pickaxe bonus was doubled. This directly reflects the speed at which you get ores.
  • Rocks containing ores now have a resource count which represents the amount of ores you can obtain before switching to an empty state. You can obtain at least 4 ores per rock. The higher level rocks contain around 8-12 ores.
  • The mining animation was changed. It's faster and thus offers you more ticks at which you can obtain ores. This results in faster mining speeds for lower level ores.
  • Several level requirements to mine ores have been lowered. They have been made equal to the Smithing requirement for smelting a bar. Mining difficulties, which determine when you get ore remained untouched.
The aim of this change was to let the Mining skill feel similar to other gathering skills, such as Fishing or Woodcutting. It is definitely become more afk-able resulting in better experience rates and less clicking.

Dye System
Our dye system has completely been reworked making it much easier to add new items. With this change the recolor algorithms for Barrow, Shadow, Blood and Third-age dyes have been adjusted to give colored items more depth. You've already been enjoying this change for weeks by the way. Here's an image of all new recolors you can create now:

Veteran Ranks
I didn't think I'd ever expand the pool of veteran icons in the game. Nonetheless, I am proud to expand the pool for veteran icons in the game. By today we are officially older than 9 years. You can now choose from icons of up to 16 years. Let's see if we have to expand the veteran icon pool again in 8 years. ;)

Bane ammunition
With the change to ore requirements for the Mining skill we've got quite some space left for the higher levels. This gap is filled with a new type of metal to mine: Bane ore. Starting at level 85 Mining you can obtain one out of 4 Bane ores. You can smelt those into bane bars which are futher refined into arrows and bolts. This ammunition deals additional damage against certain higher level Slayer creatures. Bane ore can be found in the Glacors cave, just before visiting Yk'Lagor.

Game fixes / changes:
  • A bug was fixed where dropped items would not show after using stairs or ladders.
  • The login code has been overhauled and made more robust. This was done in an attempt to fix a bug that gets you stuck during the login phase.
  • It is no longer possible to get duplicate slayer tasks from the task selection interface. This also fixes a problem where you'd not always get the full task selection prompt.
  • Promethium maul and 2h weapon now count as 2 items towards the promethium set bonus.
  • Various teleportation spells received proper experience gains.
  • Antirot potion can now be created.
  • The probability for slayer tasks of slayer creature has been lowered. Metal dragons have been combined into a single task and Shenven no longer assigns every slayer creature. Have a look at the wiki for all changed tasks lists.

In the coming updates I'd like to revisit Hiscores and think of another Competitive season during winter. I think that we could have Hiscores for who earns the most xp every in a given cycle. Maybe 3-6 months and reward the top ranks with unique weaponry similar to Competitive season winners. What are your thoughts on this? Feel free to comment here or on our Discord.

All the best,
Thomy
Off-Topic / Re: Lets count to 10,000
« Last post by Bluestorm on September 21, 2023, 10:03:00 am »
idk
« Last post by Nocturnal on September 15, 2023, 09:16:11 am »
Why are people doing this ._.

General Discussion / Re: Hello everyone // Come reminisce with me about old memories
« Last post by Nocturnal on September 15, 2023, 09:14:56 am »
The only player who still consistantly plays from the list you mentioned above is Bluestorm, the rest have moved on, like Ash said. I do remember you, but vaguely. The players you listed however, many of those people I considered friends for a long time.

Having been around since 2009 I've seen many people come, and go. Having come and gone myself often aswel, however it's always fun to see those old-school players return, most oftenly not to play again, but to catch up, grab a vibe of the nostalgics.

Thank you for sharing these pics with us. And thank you for making me feel old.
« Last post by Bertietankk on September 12, 2023, 08:47:42 am »
« Last post by Ashootsh on September 10, 2023, 07:07:12 pm »
Hi Blake, yes I remember you.

People just do not play anymore, most names you mentioned have left/moved on with their lives.

Including myself, I miss them all I wish we had a way to talk to them but Everyone is off with their lives.
General Discussion / Hello everyone // Come reminisce with me about old memories
« Last post by Blake on September 09, 2023, 01:45:28 am »
I'm here to say hello to everyone. I really want to check if old players still visiting or still playing here after 12 years.

I am interested in making a list of the people I remember from 12 years ago:

Joshiee
Omfg Wow Nub
Bhpk
Sergiu Boy
Bluestorm
Draconas
Il skill L
Il pk I
Hi Fi Wi Fi
Samireem24
K0wnage
Phpkk
Es Dexter
Big fred40
Icedrags
Skiller Way
Drugs
Hell Dds
Graham
Lol to Pk
Ty 4 u Santa
Tonto
hhh kkk lll
Issh

- I also remember the shutbox of the forums :')

Of couse there is a lot more of names that I don't remember now all. But there were unforgettable beautiful memories!! I will never forget.

Unfortunately I'm less interested in playing here again due to all the new updates. But Emps-scape is always in my blood and I will always visit.

If you have old character names I would be happy if u list them here to remember them also.

I have some an old pics of emps-scape that I saved:
Game server <--- Click here to see
Website old picture <--- Click here to see
Client background old/new logo picture <--- Click here to see
Forums old picture <--- Click here to see
Help me! / Re: Account recovery
« Last post by Tulrak on September 05, 2023, 06:24:18 pm »
Help me! / Account recovery
« Last post by Uab Kreke on September 05, 2023, 12:28:11 am »
After half of year I tried to login to my account, but it says that my account is banned forever. Have no idea why... Is it still possible to recover?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10