The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3291 times
    • View Profile
Trailer 2018
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:52:59 am »
Hey everybody,

I'm proud to present you our new and official trailer:

What do you think about it? Let me know if you'd enjoy similar videos in the future? I was thinking of creating videos that show some of our bosses?

Special thanks to Crusher123 for making the video and Jhonson101, JP, Namnori, Iron Corne, Jandar for preparations in order to take the clips. Many many thanks! :)

All the best,
Thomy

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 160 times
    • View Profile
Re: Trailer 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:09:01 am »
Dope af

Well done Crusher.
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."
The following users liked this post: Crusher123

Offline King125

• Liked: 1450 times
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:28:01 am »
Looking at this makes me realise what plethora of content emps has compared to back in the days. The server's gone a long way, nice video :-*

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Crusher123, Wg

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 198 times
  • Papa
    • View Profile
    • www.camelfactory.net
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:32:58 am »
nice, that looks nice.

Offline Rotanas Max

• Liked: 1 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 12:53:59 pm »
that trial looks so nice..
but i think it should mention more things like more bosses or skills
or maybe minigames and items
but in total
cool vidd🤗

Offline Sharkx

• Liked: 8 times
  • A Potato Flew Around My Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 01:11:45 pm »
10/10 would play

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 74 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:18:55 pm »
I am really impressed by Crusher123 for making such an amazing video. This time, I was really surprised how good it turned out to be even though it does not change the fact how 'bad' (personal point of view) this game is. The only thing that threw me off guard was the FP mode.

I am not gonna lie. This game looks interesting for someone who enjoys focusing on PvM, skilling or being an ironman. But as I mentioned before, the closer this game gets to RS (xp and quality wise), the easier it will be for people to choose the game they want to play, which will be RS. We will not be able to keep new players once they find out how challenging this game is compared to other RSPS.

PvP wise, this trailer was horrible as ****. Literally 2 seconds of 'wilderness action' showing a clip of a PVMer getting rushed and a 'natural' fight, which was most likely set up just for the trailer. It does not matter how much Thomy tries in future (highscores, PvP shop, etc.), PvP will never be a thing in emps-world and this is why I think this server has no chance competing with other servers. The only way to make this game PvP wise better is making a new server, that focuses around PvP to attract new players looking for a pvp server and some old emps features to attract old players seeking the nostalgic feeling about emps-scape. If a RSPS of Emps-World created by old emps players can get 30+ online players, OSES surely can get more players based on the coding skills of Thomy alone.

Then there are some things that bothered me like not using melee prayer against dharok brother. Even if it was a maxed account hitting it, just use the melee prayer for the video to show that you need a little bit of strategy.

The other thing is the fake player count. I guess the motto for this part was 'fake it till you make it'. Otherwise, instead of saying 100+ players and showing a picture of 10 players being recruited just for the video, use a chart of the unique daily log ins of the last months or weeks. Every player who understands basic english will know that daily log ins do not represent the max player count, but there will always be some players who do not understand english that well (just look at the emps players located around duel arena) and they might fall for the bait.

Tl;dr:

- much respect to Crusher123 for making this video.
- game looks interesting for skillers.
- game looks boring for PvPers.
- faking playercount is a no-go.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:21:57 pm by Junkz »

Online Crusher123

• Liked: 423 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 02:22:59 pm »

Thanks for the feedback, I agree, the barrows clip was a 2-minute decision where & how I did record it so yeah, could've been better. About the player count, we didn't mean it as currently online but as unique logins per day which Thomy stated is roughly 300 players.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:28:44 pm by Crusher123 »
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 794 times
  • Lets make Emps great again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 04:54:11 pm »
God damn, not even gonna lie. Had 0 expectations watching this.
Exceeded my imagination. Great job!
Pages: 1