The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 368 times
    • View Profile
Staff Applications
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:09:54 am »
Hello everyone! We are officially accepting applications for those that are interested in joining the Emps-World staff team. Click on the following link to apply, please read the requirements below before creating a ticket.

Apply here: https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?action=helpdesk;sa=newticket;dept=8

Staff Requirements:
•   You must be an active member of the server for at least 3 months.
•   Your punishment history should be fairly clean. If you have some rules broken in there this does not mean you cannot apply.
•   You must be proficient in English.
•   Keep it professional.
•   Decent grammar (utilize punctuation, capitalizations, etc.)
•   Should be active in-game. Exceptions may occur.
•   Must have a basic understanding how to use forums.
•   Positive attitude.
•   Discord application. (No voice chat required.)

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to let us know! :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:14:24 am by Jhonson101 »
The following users liked this post: Chris, Dokas5000, The Dark One, Tulrak, Darker Manz

Online Il Skill L

• Liked: 4728 times
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Applications
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:34:25 am »
Why is that?

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Queen Martin, Tulrak, Wg

Offline Queen Martin

• Liked: 1146 times
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 09:37:17 am »
How original ..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:42:49 am by Martin »

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Tulrak

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1167 times
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 09:53:40 am »
dude wtf l0000000000000000000000000000000000000l

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3274 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 09:57:31 am »
While current staff nominations only happen through talking to a member of the staff-team, we feel like some people could be left out and now everyone has the same form to apply. It's easy and convenient for us to manage one application form. It also eases up the application process.

This doesn't mean we need 10 new mods, but gives us one application method at all times. Whoever wants to join the team can apply though a ticket system now. :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:00:52 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Chris, Jhonson, Tulrak

Online Tulrak

• Liked: 146 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 10:42:51 am »
So I'm trying to fill the application to the best of my abilities and I'm wondering if most of these things shouldn't be taught to the people after they've been promoted? The staff section has (or at least used to have) a topic with suggestions of appropriate punishments. Shouldn't this be made public first?
People can probably figure out the question about someone getting scammed, but reports of flaming and offensive language... does that warrant a warning? A second warning? Three strike system? Or a mute right away? That topic had the answer if I remember correctly, but how are people, who are less familiar with the staff team or who have been away from it for nearly 2 years, supposed to know what exactly is expected there?
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Tomtim1, Jhonson

Online Ameer

• Liked: 636 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 10:47:24 am »
So I'm trying to fill the application to the best of my abilities and I'm wondering if most of these things shouldn't be taught to the people after they've been promoted? The staff section has (or at least used to have) a topic with suggestions of appropriate punishments. Shouldn't this be made public first?
People can probably figure out the question about someone getting scammed, but reports of flaming and offensive language... does that warrant a warning? A second warning? Three strike system? Or a mute right away? That topic had the answer if I remember correctly, but how are people, who are less familiar with the staff team or who have been away from it for nearly 2 years, supposed to know what exactly is expected there?
Thank you for making my life easier, I was about the write almost the same thing.
please change the questions.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-Word player Since the day I resigned which I have no idea when
The following users liked this post: Tulrak

Online Wg

• Liked: 316 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:56:26 am »
I want to become mod. Should I post ticket on that?

Offline Thomy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 11:23:34 am »
Thanks for the criticism on application fields. We'll try to improve the application form. :)

Online Wg

• Liked: 316 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 12:18:50 pm »
Made ticket 0 answer - it's okay?

Offline Alugis

• Liked: 80 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 02:20:09 pm »
I want to become mod. Should I post ticket on that?
You've been a mod already m8, didn't work out too well I remember :D
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Slimshadyy, Bluestorm, Earl, Ameer, Ironmandommy, Ravioli, Lick Dicken

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3876 times
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 03:30:22 pm »
April fools day was nearly 6 months ago.
╲⎝⧹╲⎝⧹ :wutface: ⧸⎠╱⧸⎠╱
The waves recede so gently
They only left the sands of time

The following users liked this post: Ralphe10, Darker Manz

Online Drugs

• Liked: 3779 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 03:49:01 pm »
Provides extra bonuses for magic and assists on firing spells in form of autocast
The following users liked this post: Bluestorm, Tulrak

Offline Thomy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 07:04:37 pm »
I've deleted some comments to avoid further escalations. The banter was beginning to get too personal for some people.

Online Chris

• Liked: 165 times
  • Supreme Leader of the First Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 01:09:18 am »
While I agree with the ability to apply for a position on the Staff Team, I think that the actual application themselves need to have more fields, and be a little more in-depth and elaborate in what should be asked of the applicant. Not for nothing, but currently, there's only 6 fields in the Application, and 5 out of the 6 fields can be summed up in a simple check box, or an extremely short answer.

I've played on many servers, as well as been an Administrator, Staff Manager, and Co-Owner of a vast majority of them after the initial shut down of Emps-Scape when we experienced that massive DDoS attack, and Emps went down for a few months. Not that I'm trying to brag by any means, but I have quite a lot of experience in Staff Management, and I'm also currently one of the Heads of Security for my company that has contracts with hospitals, where I conduct interviews, and read resume's several times a week.

I propose that there be more fields in the application where the applicant actually has to type, and elaborate on their answer to the questions that are being asked. The reason for this is because you will be able to tell who actually puts in the effort, and is determined to be a part of the Staff Team. It also gives you all, as the Game/High Admins the ability to see, firsthand, the common sense, and ability to answer simple questions from the applicants.

So far, the only real question that can be elaborated on is "Why do you want to join us?" Realistically, that's not sufficient enough, in my professional opinion, to choose any applicant for a position on the Staff Team. As I'm sure you are already aware, being a part of the Staff Team gives access to information that is sensitive in nature (punishments, ability to look at IP Addresses in higher positions, behind-the-scenes operations, glimpses of future updates, etc.).

While I know there may be technical aspects to adding more text boxes to the Helpdesk applications, I think it would be worthwhile in the long run.

I'd like to suggest the following questions to be asked in the application, to help have more legitimate applications from players who have a real desire to be a part of the Staff Team:
  • What is your in-game username?:
  • When did you start playing Emps-World?:
  • What Country are you from?:
  • What language(s) do you speak?:
  • How many hours do you play per week?:
  • How old are you?:
  • What is your background/history with Runescape or RSPS's?:
  • What roles and duties do you believe a Staff Member has?:
  • What do you think are the best qualities that a Staff Member could have?:
  • If there is one thing that you could hope to accomplish as a Staff Member, what would it be?:
  • Being a Staff Member can sometimes place you in a stressful situation. Will you be able handle situations of this nature?:
  • Can you provide an example of a Stressful Situation you've been in, and how you've handled it?:
  • (OPTIONAL) Provide additional information that may benefit your application:

This is just my two cents. Feel free to use any of those questions to improve your application process. If you would like any further advice or anything regarding the subject at hand, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I will be more than happy to assist.

I'm Xxskinney13x
Pages: 1