The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Online Jp

• Liked: 1748 times
    • View Profile
PSA: Officlal Emps-World clan chat rule change
« on: September 22, 2018, 08:09:26 pm »
After a small discussion we made a decision to have english as the only permitted language within the official Emps-World clan chat.
Be not afraid however we will not be issuing mutes for those who do not follow the rule we've set. Only moderating tools we will be using to enforce that are moderating tools that are built for clan chats.

Online Il Skill L

• Liked: 4728 times
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Officlal Emps-World clan chat rule change
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 08:17:22 pm »
Why is that?

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick

Online Jp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 08:38:39 pm »
Why is that?
Main reason is moderating purposes. A lot of the times certain group(s) of people can have a flame wars or harass other player(s) in different language and as a moderator it's hard to do anything in that situation, this is to un-directly tackle that issue.
I do understand that this is a thing that really divides people into two groups, those who agree and those who disagree.

My personal opinion is that sure it's a nice thing to have 1 language that everyone speaks on some level but it has some negative sides to it as well.
People who speak multiple languages but english isn't one of them might get discouraged to say anything now that this is a thing is one negative thing imho and it might result people into leaving the main chat.

Offline Loop

• Liked: 60 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 10:33:32 pm »
Why is that?
Main reason is moderating purposes. A lot of the times certain group(s) of people can have a flame wars or harass other player(s) in different language and as a moderator it's hard to do anything in that situation, this is to un-directly tackle that issue.
I do understand that this is a thing that really divides people into two groups, those who agree and those who disagree.

My personal opinion is that sure it's a nice thing to have 1 language that everyone speaks on some level but it has some negative sides to it as well.
People who speak multiple languages but english isn't one of them might get discouraged to say anything now that this is a thing is one negative thing imho and it might result people into leaving the main chat.
Or just promote more active moderators who are from specific countries (mostly Lithuanian) that are more sophisticated to carry out the punishments that people actually deserve and are not too afraid of what would happen if they acted too harshly(remember, Martin is not the main staff manager anymore).

I'd imagine this post is for people who want to suggest things to change the clan chat in order for people not to quit because of the toxicity in the clan chat and i am suggesting this.

Desperate times call from desperate measures, and oh trust me, if you would understand half of what is spoken in Lithuanian in the official clan, you would have suggested this idea a ling time ago.

Yes.

EDIT: yes, I do still care about this game and about the community,

EDIT #2: what i'm trying to say - harsher punishments - encouragement for more people to speak the universal language - English,
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:38:58 pm by Loop »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3876 times
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 10:35:27 pm »
Why is that?

Or just promote more active moderators who are from specific countries (mostly Lithuanian) that are more sophisticated to carry out the punishments that people actually deserve and are not too afraid of what would happen if they acted too harshly(remember, Martin is not the main staff manager anymore).

I'd imagine this post is for people who want to suggest things to change the clan chat in order for people not to quit because of the toxicity in the clan chat and i am suggesting this.

Desperate times call from desperate measures, and oh trust me, if you would understand half of what is spoken in Lithuanian in the official clan, you would have suggested this idea a ling time ago.

Yes.

Or the retards could simply take their flaming somewhere else private.
╲⎝⧹╲⎝⧹ :wutface: ⧸⎠╱⧸⎠╱
The waves recede so gently
They only left the sands of time

Offline Loop

• Liked: 60 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 07:45:36 am »
Why is that?

Yes.

Why would they do that if there are no consequences for talking that way in the official clan chat?

Did you even read what i wrote?

Online Boejuh2

• Liked: 133 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 08:15:32 am »

Why would they do that if there are no consequences for talking that way in the official clan chat?

And that why this rule was implented. It's easy for people to start swearing in their native language while noone knows what it means. Now with this rule there are consequences if they do so, and if they start swearing in English, they can be punished like any offensive language offence.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018

Online Wg

• Liked: 316 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 09:57:30 am »
Nobody seemed to care about this back in the day when they moderated clan chat, there was always once one admin/moderator from each country, or better yet, there were more suitable players who could've done the translating of any unusual words. I, myself, remember helping out multiple ocassions moderators/administrators on that one, so... Why is this even a thing?... Implementing this rule won't stop Estonians , Lithuanians or Any other culture players to use their native languages and moderators from respective countries won't hesitate to allow them to swear, it's no wonder they did it so long till now and enforcing some kind of moderating tools against them won't do much harm - that this is even more limited place than OSRS or RS3 where language isn't barrier for anyone and everyone is happily using English or whatever they want. Again, step forward to splitting community for those who actually can use English and who doesn't have a slightest idea how to type well.

It never was bad thing to assign multiple moderators from different countries to have something in-common for that matter but enforcing this right now, when we just started to gain more players(who actually is online more often), is ridiculed to say the least. I do not know how you operate on creating rules but enforcing/encouraging players to do something strictly won't make them stay for too long, in fact, they will tend to leave soon enough as they realize: "Yeah, it's quite good game but I do not know how to speak English much less how to interact with Staff members via ticket/help-desk."(and believe me, there is at least one player a day always writing on shoutbox asking/begging for help to make a help-desk ticket to get back account or else) I could be wrong on many points here but I'm open-minded person, just cause majority thinks it's good - doesn't mean a damn thing to minority and only creates chaos from within. As I recall Thomy's words to me once: "Chaos is not something we need...", bear in mind rules won't be enforced for long if you want to stay stable as RSPS.

If one wants to come to agreement I suppose voting could've been done, not like it will do much effect in the end result but player's opinions/feedback on major changes is also something to be taken into consideration.

Online Jp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 10:31:57 am »
What most of you seem to fail to realize is that this gives a staff member a reason to remove the player from the clan chat if deemed necessary and thus saving time and nerves from everyone else.

Online Tulrak

• Liked: 146 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 11:30:22 am »
I'm not against it or anything because I can imagine people getting spooked when they first sign up and see people talking in a foreign language in the official clan chat... but I see this as being the type of rule that people wouldn't follow to the point that the staff stops enforcing it (Just like what happened every other time we tried pushing this exact same rule on the clan chat).
Also I thought that staff members can make up rules on the spot (so long as they're reasonable about it), by which I mean that I thought that they can kick people from clan chats without needing an official rule to back up their actions. Although there's probably a rule somewhere that says that you need to follow staff members' orders or something along those lines anyway, so when a staff member says "English only in this clan chat" and people don't comply, then that's enough of a reason to kick or ban them from the clan chat.

I can however see this as putting some weight to regular players telling others to speak English, so that can be a good thing, but other than that I don't see what effect this has.

Online Jp

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 11:40:33 am »
Also I thought that staff members can make up rules on the spot (so long as they're reasonable about it), by which I mean that I thought that they can kick people from clan chats without needing an official rule to back up their actions.
I mean yeah sure they're able to that and they could even talk about whatever the issue is with the player and some players do understand that.
Majoritys mindset however on things like these is "It's not clearly stated on rules therefore it's allowed and you can't do anything, if you do something it's wrong and un-deserved". Perfect example of that is account sharing.

I can however see this as putting some weight to regular players telling others to speak English, so that can be a good thing, but other than that I don't see what effect this has.
Also this. This is something that players necessarily don't need to report to staff if there's none online at current moment, anyone can say that it's english only chat which would be nice.
Verbal warning can be issued later if it's continuous and ban from the clan chat if it keeps happening over and over again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:44:55 am by Jp »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3876 times
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 12:27:08 pm »
Why is that?

Yes.

Yes, I did. I dont see promoting more Lithuanians to be an improvement though.
╲⎝⧹╲⎝⧹ :wutface: ⧸⎠╱⧸⎠╱
The waves recede so gently
They only left the sands of time

Online Wg

• Liked: 316 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 12:59:15 pm »
Why is that?

Yes.

Yes, I did. I dont see promoting more Lithuanians to be an improvement though.
Dear Otto,

We have two stableand amazing moderators from Lithuania and they are doing great work compare to what you just wrote...

He wasn't referring to promoting anybody if you had caught the concept of what he was trying to say... All he said, I venture to guess, was that regardless of country - having moderator from different countries is huge plus instead of making full pledged certain country members of staffs with rule that making English only possible language to communicate with others. Have they thought about those who doesn't get here to speak out their minds out in the way you are used to yourself? Many point out that there is a lot of confusion in community about this language barrier but eliminating it fully isn't best solution you can make.

Like I said before, I was helping with translating trash talking, anything that I could translate for moderator or admin, Anyone can do that if needed. For that, you don't even have to be Staff. So, before you rush out to judgement, I suppose you make your own stand and make yourself sure it is quite opposite than others say - because right now you still seem to bear grudge against any Lithuanians that were/are/will be misusing words from anger point of view. Not sure why though, as hating is only bad for your mental state which possibly effect on your decision here too.

I don't see how language making into universal is solution to everybody else besides the negative fact that it's doomed to seperate those who have English skills(at least minimum) and those who don't, believe me, it will come down to this, no matter how you look at it and if the requirement is fluently speaking/typing/understanding English language here - this way you will clear 1/4 of community quickly and regardless of what I may say, rules are rules - it's not up to players to make them. It's your bet to either make it worse or make it right. As a player, I suppose it will turn against you most likely than it will benefit you. Once there was a Staff wanting to enforce something familiar. Tried and failed.

Offline Queen Martin

• Liked: 1146 times
  • Diverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 03:28:33 pm »
Understood

It's our decisions that define us

:)
The following users liked this post: Wg

Offline Gaypride

• Liked: 12 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 04:49:51 pm »
just use google translate for shit you didn't understand. there are still some people that break this "rule" because some rule on a wall won't stop them, because they can't read. even still taking most of the people out of the comfort zone and if someone did get flamed in cc in another language, report it to a staff-member.

Did you fall from the vending machine? Because you're a Snack! <3
Pages: 1 2