The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3274 times
    • View Profile
Popularity Discussion and Features for 2018
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:02:13 am »
Hey guys,

I'm writing this thread to get a better idea of what features the community is interested in and how to make the game more enjoyable. I'll be also criticizing a few things that I think have been done wrong and could be improved.

Popularity - Player count
It's really no big surprise that the genre of emps makes it really difficult to attract new potential players, because RSPS in general is having a really hard time thanks to OSRS. I still don't think that we're at a critical point, although you sometimes see only 30-40 players online. We still have daily peaks of 60-70 and close to 300 unique computers that visit the game daily. If you compare it to the old days, then yes, it may be a lot less. But please bear in mind the old days had no OSRS, which is peaking at Idk 100k players or so right now? That's lots of players!

Oldschool graphics
I've seen this coming up a few times too, so I'll leave a short comment here. Just because the game had more players 5 years ago and the graphics were different doesn't mean that changing or reverting something will also attract tons of players. Correlation does not mean causation! Besides... if you put the graphic settings to minimum, you're basically running an oldschool game. Maybe I'm doing advertising wrong, where I should also put oldschool images into ads instead of high quality ones. I'll have a look at that.

Longterm Activities
I think we're struggling a little bit with keeping players for a long time. I've thought about this and came to the conclusion that it could be due to how fast progress is made in the game (xp rates) compared to how many items you get (drops). It feels like that you are getting to level 100+ really fast without getting any good items. The gap between low / medium gear and high / best gear may be too big and too frustrating to continue playing. I could imagine changing following things:
  • Reduce experience rates in general. I feel that combat xp especially is too much. I could also see reducing the experience rates of gathering skills. I'm not going to change that unless I get lots of input!
  • Reduce resources gained from Woodcutting and Fishing. To be fair, you get an inventory full of fishes in no time after a few levels. I would like to re-balance this.
  • No medium level content. There's literally no bosses for medium levels with bad gear. I think that this issue could be resolved by lowering the experience rates though.
  • Low level content: I'm having a rework ready for the Barbarian dungeon to give newcomers an easier start and more monsters to train on with useful drops. So I think that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
  • High level content: I think that this is the least of an issue, since there's lots of bosses with many drops to collect. There's also difficult bosses, such as the 4-man group challenges, which have been a great success imo. Working on the 4th boss right now. :)
  • Daily activities: Currently we have daily tasks that are only skill related though. What would you think of daily boss or minigame tasks? I also only see this working out well by adding additional items to the EP shop. Open for suggestions here!
  • Game modes with lower xp gains: I've seen this idea come up, but I don't really think it is that great of a solution. You'll just be creating different account types. However... I could this see potentially becoming interesting, because it will give veterans a new reason to play the game. What could be potential rewards in that game mode? What about receiving an oldschool rare when being maxed out as reward? Let me know!
Membership
I somehow feel like the model of paying for content is outdated. What would you think of removing all game content that is locked behind member? I think that it has enough benefits, such as getting more bank space, GE slots, 10% xp boost, etc. So locking certain skills doesn't make much sense for me. I could see this change being very interesting for Slayer. Thoughts on that?

New Content
What would you like to see as new large feature? I have the idea of summoning, but there's also other things that could be done. Maybe longer quest lines? Let me know!

Thanks for taking your time to read this. Please leave a comment below telling me what you think. Feedback is very valuable to me and I enjoy reading your ideas. :)

All the best,
Thomy
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:12:45 am by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Jp, Slimshadyy, Crusher123, Jhonson, Martijn7, Blue Bird, Jandar, Namnori, Wg, Su0mi0wn3d, Bluesunrunne

Online Jp

• Liked: 1745 times
    • View Profile
Re: Popularity Discussion and Features for 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 07:41:29 am »
Membership
I somehow feel like the model of paying for content is outdated. What would you think of removing all game content that is locked behind member? I think that it has enough benefits, such as getting more bank space, GE slots, 10% xp boost, etc. So locking certain skills doesn't make much sense for me. I could see this change being very interesting for Slayer. Thoughts on that?
I feel like this would be the thing that gives free players more things to do and newer players wouldn't get intimidated by the fact that playing the game requires member pretty much.
Current member tickets would have to be re-named to something else probably if this changes? What benefits besides more bank space, 10% xp boost and GE slots would it keep?

• Game modes with lower xp gains: I've seen this idea come up, but I don't really think it is that great of a solution. You'll just be creating different account types. However... I could this see potentially becoming interesting, because it will give veterans a new reason to play the game. What could be potential rewards in that game mode? What about receiving an oldschool rare when being maxed out as reward? Let me know!
This does sound interesting and probably would be interesting to play for some people. Maybe have like 2x reduced XP and offer some rewards or benefits for playing it. But what would those two things be?
The following users liked this post: Garoozis

Offline Martijn7

• Liked: 3 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:19:13 am »
PLEASE NO SUMMONING PLEASE NO NO NO NO  NO

Online Il Skill L

• Liked: 4728 times
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 08:21:22 am »
If you’re thinking about minigame daily tasks then i think you should consider giving everyone the same task. Because i see this idea working only if all our ~50 players get a 10 round emps-wars task for example. That seems like an interesting concept for me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 11:17:03 am by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Bluesunrunne

Offline Thomy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 08:27:25 am »
I feel like this would be the thing that gives free players more things to do and newer players wouldn't get intimidated by the fact that playing the game requires member pretty much.
Current member tickets would have to be re-named to something else probably if this changes? What benefits besides more bank space, 10% xp boost and GE slots would it keep?
Following benefits would stay:
  • More bank space.
  • More GE slots.
  • 10% experience boost.
  • More space for your house.
  • Additional daily task.
I could imagine other things there... such as increased coin drops (10%?) or more rewards when completing daily tasks? Nothing game-breaking, but something convenient that makes you enjoy being a member.

This does sound interesting and probably would be interesting to play for some people. Maybe have like 2x reduced XP and offer some rewards or benefits for playing it. But what would those two things be?
I have no idea tbh, that's the question! :)

Online Jp

• Liked: 1745 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 08:30:23 am »
  • Reduce resources gained from Woodcutting and Fishing. To be fair, you get an inventory full of fishes in no time after a few levels. I would like to re-balance this.
I think this could also be solved by introducing ivy for woodcutting. For fishing something similar could also be introduced. (Very afk, appealing xp rates and no resource gain.)

Offline Thomy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 08:32:37 am »
I think this could also be solved by introducing ivy for woodcutting. For fishing something similar could also be introduced. (Very afk, appealing xp rates and no resource gain.)

I don't think gaining the resources themselves is a problem, but the experience you get or the speed at which you get them. I feel like this can be tweaked at either reducing the experience rates or amount of resources gained.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:43:00 am by Thomy »

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 368 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 08:41:48 am »
Popularity - Player count
It's really no big surprise that the genre of emps makes it really difficult to attract new potential players, because RSPS in general is having a really hard time thanks to OSRS.

Yes, I do agree that OSRS has a big effect on the player count but shouldn't be to such an extent. I've seen other servers with around 600 - 1k players, there's obviously something we're doing wrong.

Maybe I'm doing advertising wrong, where I should also put oldschool images into ads instead of high quality ones. I'll have a look at that.
This will not fix anything, plus even when putting the settings to the minimum it still won't give players that old school look emps once had. Surprisingly, people aren't really interested in good graphics, some people really don't give a **** about them... some top servers have awful graphics but people really enjoy the content which what matters at the end of the day.

Encourage advertisement!

- Reward people that post videos on Youtube with a title or something.
- Encourage voting and reward the players with certain benefits like a little exp boost or some shit.
(This can be tracked through specific computer UUID or IP address)
(I would encourage you to have players vote on all rsps sites in order to receive vote benefits)
- For the love of god, we legit have nothing to lose if we bring back the voting system. (Do not underestimate this, it does actually bring people to the server)

I use Facebook a lot, not once have i seen Emps-World pop up for me as an advertisement. It's always other top servers, but never Emps which makes me question why even throw cash on ads that don't even appear unless you go looking for it.

Longterm Activities
  • Reduce experience rates in general. I feel that combat xp especially is too much. I could also see reducing the experience rates of gathering skills. I'm not going to change that unless I get lots of input!
I disagree, this will only discourage people that would like to join the server and train as quick as possible to jump into the end-game content which is bossing and all that good stuff. If people want a challenge, than create a game mode for it that lowers exp rates and disables dxp tickets.

• Daily activities: Currently we have daily tasks that are only skill related though. What would you think of daily boss or minigame tasks? I also only see this working out well by adding additional items to the EP shop. Open for suggestions here!
I strongly agree with these two points, I highly encourage bringing an achievements system into the game. Players will be rewarded items/coins for completing certain achievements that will help them on their journey to max or what ever they're working on (This will be different than daily tasks). I would love to see different type of game modes that will challenge players, some people just don't like it too easy. I would start with prestige mode, I really loved JP's idea of lowering exp rates and disabling dxp. I wouldn't change the current exp rates for normal players though.

Membership
I somehow feel like the model of paying for content is outdated. What would you think of removing all game content that is locked behind member? I think that it has enough benefits, such as getting more bank space, GE slots, 10% xp boost, etc. So locking certain skills doesn't make much sense for me. I could see this change being very interesting for Slayer.
Remove it, shouldn't force players to pay to enjoy the game otherwise they can just go pay for runescape membership.

New Content
What would you like to see as new large feature? I have the idea of summoning, but there's also other things that could be done. Maybe longer quest lines? Let me know!
As for quests, if you're planning to attach them to something in-game such as giving the player access to a certain area or boss than I would say yes. Quests need to be challenging, the current quests we had are way to simple and boring af. Raids would be awesome, but I don't think we have the player count for that. I would like to see custom shit exclusive to Emps-World such as bosses, weapons, armor, etc... what I mean by custom is actually designed by who ever works on modeling stuff here. Something that will set emps apart from RS3, OSRS, and all the other RSPS servers out there.

Show appreciation to players that donate
Give players a title such as donator to show that they support the server and to encourage others to do the same. Maybe give them cool titles next to their name, people love those for some odd reason. Maybe also give them a cool feature to show our appreciation.

This is my opinion and what I think we can do to help this server. Looking forward to seeing what others think :)
The following users liked this post: Crusher123, Wg, Bluesunrunne

Online Drugs

• Liked: 3778 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 08:44:54 am »
I dont really think you can keep old players playing to be honest, if we have 300 unique log ins a day then maybe focus on new players. Barbarian village looks like a dump, maybe more benefits to new players with more interactive place to start out.

Then place some high level content in a village where noobs spawn so there's incentive for older players do be there, and help new players.
Also I think we generally lack Joshiee type mods, that just talk to noobs.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:47:21 am by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Avenus, Skill0wzer, Bluesunrunne

Offline Martijn7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 09:17:46 am »
no summoning thats for gay people
i think to make the game more fun is to make the droprate from good items like bandos or armadyl harder to get but the boss self easier like it used to be with armadyl
and maybe more energy from spectrals so people use spectral items more
and items from spectral higher droprate

Online Tulrak

• Liked: 146 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 09:24:34 am »
There was a prestige idea, would it be possible to do something like that but instead of resetting everything allow players to reset their skills one at a time and gain 1 Prestige in that skill, which initially could just mean that players are able to gain more xp than the current xp limit in the highscores? If someone resets a skill at 250m xp and then gains 10m xp, then highscores would show that they have 10m (+250m) xp and rank them as 260m xp or something like that.
Although at that point we may as well reduce max xp to 100m and only allow people to reset from max xp back to 0. Later other rewards could be added that can be claimed from an NPC after being unlocked for having a certain amount of total prestige.

Also there was some discussion about a referral system a while ago, so I'd bring that up again. Make it so that every time someone uses a member ticket 1/5th of the member days are added to the player who referred the player that is using the member ticket.

I also agree with Drugs that Barbarian Village might not be the best place to start from, we could consider extending the tutorial outside the tutorial island, possibly by making it force some specific daily tasks on players that they'll be guided through, which would give them a short introduction to a few places in the game that are not Barbarian Village, although Barbarian Village could still be kept as it is or just get rid of most of the tutorial area altogether and move the introduction of skills that are covered by tutorial island to the game itself as well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 03:22:22 am by Tulrak »

Offline Mattthu

• Liked: 8 times
  • Nothing here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 10:53:20 am »
What about player made emps-world quests, we had that emps script. It's something that gives players to create stories and at the same time add content. Like for ava, I'd rather complete an interesting task than play emps-wars. Also gives you more playtime.

Offline Martijn7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 11:45:18 am »
RESET WHOLE GAME WITH NEW UPDATES!!!
The following users liked this post: Tulrak, Wg

Online Ameer

• Liked: 636 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 02:26:55 pm »
Reduce experience rates in general. I feel that combat xp especially is too much. I could also see reducing the experience rates of gathering skills. I'm not going to change that unless I get lots of input!

I don't think this is a good idea at all, we've seen the difference between normal days and double xp weekends,

Reduce resources gained from Woodcutting and Fishing. To be fair, you get an inventory full of fishes in no time after a few levels. I would like to re-balance this.

This means each skill will just take a bit more time than it used to be before, which means instead of afking 30 seconds to get full inv of mantas, they'll afk 1 min.

No medium level content. There's literally no bosses for medium levels with bad gear. I think that this issue could be resolved by lowering the experience rates though.

This might actually be a good idea to do so, they're simply going from barbarians to nex.

High level content: I think that this is the least of an issue, since there's lots of bosses with many drops to collect. There's also difficult bosses, such as the 4-man group challenges, which have been a great success imo. Working on the 4th boss right now.

Hopefully this time we are getting a real 4-man group since the last 3 that were supposed to be like this were so damn easy.

Game modes with lower xp gains: I've seen this idea come up, but I don't really think it is that great of a solution. You'll just be creating different account types. However... I could this see potentially becoming interesting, because it will give veterans a new reason to play the game. What could be potential rewards in that game mode? What about receiving an oldschool rare when being maxed out as reward? Let me know!

I agree on having such system in game, instead of actually forcing something on players ( the xp reduce you mentioned above )
Idk about the reward, as i don't really care about it.

About on how can we get some players to play the game
Take a look at runelocus or any other website that has a list of servers, check the most popular servers and what they have and make a poll here if they want such things ing ( if it worked there, it might work here aswell )

OR

I don't know if I want to mention the voting system back again,
we don't really have enough players to vote and get us to top 10 ( which visited mostly by other people ) and we can't force you to spend some cash on something that it might not work eventually, however if you really feel like saving the game and you have some hope on such thing to work then i believe you might need to do it.

T

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-Word player Since the day I resigned which I have no idea when
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Namnori, Bluesunrunne, Darker Manz

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3874 times
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 02:35:56 pm »
Medium level content took a big hit when the alch drops from dragons and aberrant specters were nerfed. Making pure cash to purchase items as a med level player is extremely hard IMO.

I dont see a reason to touch xp rates. Making all content available to f2p is nice, while keeping rest of the bonuses for members.
╲⎝⧹╲⎝⧹ :wutface: ⧸⎠╱⧸⎠╱
The waves recede so gently
They only left the sands of time

The following users liked this post: Thomy, Namnori
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5