The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Bluesunrunne

• Liked: 99 times
    • View Profile
Re: Popularity Discussion and Features for 2018
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 06:30:36 am »
Yes, add summoning.
Yes, add voting system with rewards.
I don't really care what you decide concerning the other stuff.
The following users liked this post: Wg
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2018, 10:57:08 am »
Furthermore,I have not seen any google ads for emps, I cannot understand how you all expect to get new players without any ads!.
Hosting a server requires budget.  its doesnt hard to arrive to the top , the harder thing is to save your location thier.
Running a server is a pretty simple thing , but to make it popular and to keep it up the hardest part!.
So I EXTREMELY recommend to specify a budget for ads such as google ads or FaceBook ads.

Constantly been running google and facebook ads for almost over a year now. Any special ads you have been looking out for or are missing? :)
I can assure to you that I was alive all the old time So,Can you please explain why I didn't see any of these ads although I have been all my times on the social media?.
I always see ads for other rsps that's because Google's system identifies people who had been attracted to your propus or people have visited the site recently, Sadly , I have not been identified by google nor facebook,therefor I didn't see any of emps ads.

Anyway, It will be awesome to take care of facebook pixel and to keep it up to date also to increase google daily budget.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3274 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2018, 11:07:53 am »
Furthermore,I have not seen any google ads for emps, I cannot understand how you all expect to get new players without any ads!.
Hosting a server requires budget.  its doesnt hard to arrive to the top , the harder thing is to save your location thier.
Running a server is a pretty simple thing , but to make it popular and to keep it up the hardest part!.
So I EXTREMELY recommend to specify a budget for ads such as google ads or FaceBook ads.

Constantly been running google and facebook ads for almost over a year now. Any special ads you have been looking out for or are missing? :)
I can assure to you that I was alive all the old time So,Can you please explain why I didn't see any of these ads although I have been all my times on the social media?.
I always see ads for other rsps that's because Google's system identifies people who had been attracted to your propus or people have visited the site recently, Sadly , I have not been identified by google nor facebook,therefor I didn't see any of emps ads.

Anyway, It will be awesome to take care of facebook pixel and to keep it up to date also to increase google daily budget.

I suppose this is due to the targeting group. You may not be in our target group and our budget also isn't gigantic. I'm not also keen on throwing in more money if I don't see the current ads yielding any great results. We get a good amount of daily clicks from that though. :)

Where do you see other ads?
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2018, 11:36:34 am »
You may not be in our target group and our budget also isn't gigantic. I'm not also keen on throwing in more money if I don't see the current ads yielding any great results. We get a good amount of daily clicks from that though. :)
Sometimes you will need to shot all of your bullets in order to get your enemy down. Or sometimes you should take a risk of your Ace card in order to win the round. So investing a little bit more money could solve the problem.

As I said recently about google ads and how it define people to target, I have visited emps forum multiple times which means I should also be among the target group.
I was wondering about the low budget you are specifying atm, RS is very popular game on all over the world which means that you should target a lot of countries the thing that requires high budget.

A lot of ads have been run on all over the facebook and google,youtube etc ... and its enough to visit their homepage to get in the target group. and you will keep seeing thier ads!

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3274 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2018, 11:53:56 am »
You may not be in our target group and our budget also isn't gigantic. I'm not also keen on throwing in more money if I don't see the current ads yielding any great results. We get a good amount of daily clicks from that though. :)
Sometimes you will need to shot all of your bullets in order to get your enemy down. Or sometimes you should take a risk of your Ace card in order to win the round. So investing a little bit more money could solve the problem.

As I said recently about google ads and how it define people to target, I have visited emps forum multiple times which means I should also be among the target group.
I was wondering about the low budget you are specifying atm, RS is very popular game on all over the world which means that you should target a lot of countries the thing that requires high budget.

A lot of ads have been run on all over the facebook and google,youtube etc ... and its enough to visit their homepage to get in the target group. and you will keep seeing thier ads!

I'm not going to completely argue against the budget, but you cannot throw something you do not have. I'm also not going to throw away budget by just trying something out! My aim of asking these questions is to narrow down the audience that is targeted. Currently Europe and USA are listed as targets.

Ads are delivered in text form on google and news posts on Facebook with a pixel and a registration conversion tracker for google to verify the effectiveness. However you cannot expect ads to magically solve the problem by just throwing some money in. I always refining the audience to get most out of it.

Online Wg

• Liked: 316 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 12:15:27 pm »

I'm not going to completely argue against the budget, but you cannot throw something you do not have. I'm also not going to throw away budget by just trying something out! My aim of asking these questions is to narrow down the audience that is targeted. Currently Europe and USA are listed as targets.

Ads are delivered in text form on google and news posts on Facebook with a pixel and a registration conversion tracker for google to verify the effectiveness. However you cannot expect ads to magically solve the problem by just throwing some money in. I always refining the audience to get most out of it.
Some popping ads regardless if its not our server's are sometimes annoying and can be usually dismissed.
Ads are not the problem, in this case. Nor it's somebody's fault specifically. Only natural before players know it, they grow up, find interest in other things - more important to them. You can't expect that bigger investment will turn out to be success.
I suppose as long Thomy will keep server alive - community itself should deal with growing bigger instead of letting owner shoulder both development/administration work And managing Ads, increasing player income.
Want more players? Recruit them by chatting with some pals that like to play similar games. That's huge plus for this community.
Want better gaming atmosphere or say express what is wrong with this game? Take time, type them in suggestion topic - organize it so Thomy could understand it and patiently await feedback(some players will critize but dont worry - they are best feedback, use it as positive thing).
If above two doesn't fit you - join discord. Join more channels - see what gamers like and try two options above later on.
That's my opinion, for now.
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2018, 03:06:10 pm »

So you are going to argue about new content / Server-Updates.
Well , The server has always been updated in the last year. and unfortunately this didn't help us at all.
Can you please explain for me , How duplicating the same thing will move us to another place ? Or how this will cause for another results ?

To be honest Thomy , It is extremely saddens me to see my childhood game dying step by step. I would like to do all what I can to keep this server alive, But its out of my control, me and all other players cannot do anything.. we are only soldiers and you are the commander, I can burn all my day here arguing with you, but It useless, it returns to the owner at the end!.

Online Wg

• Liked: 316 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2018, 03:33:01 pm »

So you are going to argue about new content / Server-Updates.
Well , The server has always been updated in the last year. and unfortunately this didn't help us at all.
Can you please explain for me , How duplicating the same thing will move us to another place ? Or how this will cause for another results ?

To be honest Thomy , It is extremely saddens me to see my childhood game dying step by step. I would like to do all what I can to keep this server alive, But its out of my control, me and all other players cannot do anything.. we are only soldiers and you are the commander, I can burn all my day here arguing with you, but It useless, it returns to the owner at the end!.
Commander is as strong as his soldiers supporting the platoon
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2018, 04:09:07 pm »
Commander is as strong as his soldiers supporting the platoon
How can I support more than donating? Can you please provide me some of ways for supporting expect for donating ?

Online Tulrak

• Liked: 146 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2018, 04:16:51 pm »
How can I support more than donating? Can you please provide me some of ways for supporting expect for donating ?

↓↓↓

↓↓↓

?????????:)???

↓↓↓

Success... or just invite people in any other way.

Also how about creating a referral system? Any new thoughts on that? You could create the system now and worry about perfecting it later. Start it off with no checks or rewards just to have something and then worry about checking that people don't abuse it when adding rewards that could be abused.

Speaking of ads, I think we should use the word "unique" on the voting sites, was looking at some of the examples and the word "unique" really catches attention, because it doesn't actually describe anything while making people curious, so I reckon people would be more likely to click if the banners simply described something as "unique". Also could add "HD water" (or "unique HD water"? ???) into the banners, which could sound random enough to make people curious as well or it might not, not sure really.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 06:11:23 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Blue Bird, Alugis, Wg

Online Jhonson

• Liked: 368 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2018, 10:26:41 pm »
Make sure to add a ::vote command in-game for players that aren't familiar with the forums and add shouts in-game to remind everyone to vote for benefits/rewards every 10 hours or so. I would like to see players to vote on a minimum of 6 rsps sites before being granted vote benefits, thank you for hearing us out :)

Possible rewards:
- Custom Pets
- Custom armor
- Vote tickets that grant a small exp boost for like 30 minutes.
- Old school rares (Make sure to set the vote points extremely high for these)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 10:30:22 pm by Jhonson101 »

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 74 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2018, 06:47:35 am »
It looks like Emps reached this kind of stage (again)...

The worst thing about Emps in general (compared to other RSPS) is that it is the closest game to OSRS.

Do not get me wrong Thomy, I appreciate everything you have done for the community and you are a great coder, but the closer emps gets to the real game, the easier it is for new people to choose which game they want to play.

This is why all the other RSPS focus on PvP only. Check the top 10 rsps on any list. The first thing you will see is a crowded edgeville and wilderness while all pictures of PvMing include 1-2 players.
Now take Emps as a comparism. 1-2 players at edgeville and 10+ at GE/duel arena/PvMing.

The reason why I joined Emps-Scape back then was only to fight other players asap without training a few decades to do so...
I was lucky that I hit the jackpot with emps on my first try. The combat xp rates were perfect, nobody cared about skilliing or skillers in general and emps had decent amount of players (200-250 was the limit, while atleast 50% were PvP oriented). Most of the players back then had atleast two type of
accounts to maximize their PK experience...

Personally, emps is too good to be considered a rsps. Based on the amount of features, you can only compare it with the real deal, while other servers mainly focus on PvP only, hence they get compared between each other and no1 is thinking about comparing them with OSRS.

Back in the days, most updates were suggested by staff members. How did you become a staff member? To sum it up quickly, you had to be a 'skiller' (everyone that was not a pker was called a skiller back then). As a skiller you try to get updates implemented that benefit you and the likes of you...
Since there were no pkers to listen to, the choices that were made were one sided.

Jad, members (al-kharid), god wars and pest control were the first big changes. But the ones who suggested them are not to be blamed. They were skillers trying to add new content to make it more enjoyable for the likes of them at the cost of others...

Many PKers quit and Thomy started to ask the community for updates. Because it was a one sided community by now (skillers), all updates afterwards took the same route resulting in more pkers leaving.

Here we are again getting asked for future updates, while the answer is already clear. It will be anything related to graphics, PvM or skilling.

How do you deal with that as a owner? You ask the skilling based community for ideas. You have to support them or the same thing happened to pkers will happen to them as well.

Thomy, you are in a very tough position and is up to you which route you go or don't go.

I wont make any suggestions because as a PKer nothing I say matters and supporting skillers is the last thing I want to do.

None the less I wish the best of luck to this server :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:35:43 am by Junkz »

Online Ameer

• Liked: 636 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2018, 08:35:48 am »
BS

The amount of wrong things has been said in this comment is so damn high
I don't know what Emps you're talking about because i am so damn sure I didn't play it eventho I was around since 2008 ( maybe 2007 idk)
No, staff members weren't the ones who picked what updates to do, its been like this for 12 years already.

nobody cared about skilliing or skillers in general and emps had decent amount of players (200-250 was the limit, while atleast 50% were PvP oriented). Most of the players back then had atleast two type of
accounts to maximize their PK experience...

The red part, Is completely wrong ( the highest amount of pkers we had in the whole damn server were around 150 players when we had around 1k players online ) " that doesn't mean they're all there at once "
The second part is true, a lot of us had 2 accounts to pk with ( at least my self I had a pure and a main )

Can we not blame some players for letting others leave ? I am sure Lars suggested a lot of things that were get added later ( and he is a player that pk a lot )
If you believe that something is wrong, make a good damn suggestion about changing it and let the rest of 'pkers ' decide if they like it or not - keep in mind with every update you feel like its perfect for pvp, there are some players that find it a really bad update and want to leave because of it -

However I do agree on something you've said ( or didn't I forgot what you've said ) that we should take a look at what the top 10 servers are doing and start copying some of their " best " things they have.Unless they have 4k water, please don't copy that I beg you.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-Word player Since the day I resigned which I have no idea when

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 74 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2018, 09:40:20 am »

I do not know when you joined Emps-Scape but at my time, there was only one world with a limit of 250 players. At this time there were way more pkers than skillers and updates that were added to the game were suggested by staff members.

The only PvP based update emps-scape had was pk points that allowed you to teleport from 40 wilderness and have infinite run energy.
All other updates hurt pkers and increased the experience for skillers.
I believe emps peaked at 1.2k online players right before the DDOS in 2009/2010. We lost around 40% players after the ddos and 1 year later emps closed right after gwd got added.

This is why there were so many posts about bringing old emps-scape back when world launched. Nobody had time to get used to gwd in scape because the game shut down right after. The players who joined world still thought it was scape, but it was not. The hype was strong in the beginning, but world couldnt live up to its expectations and people left as fast as they joined.

Scape was a PvP server when I joined and turned slowly but surely into a skilling server, because of the staff member policy. Meanwhile world has always been a skilling based server while all other 'popular' rsps are pvp based servers.

We had the exact discussion last year and will most likely have it next year again.
Open a new PvP oriented server or keep focusing on the main game.
Thomy chose to focus on the main game, which had no risks involved last year (understandable).

We reached this point again where Thomy has to choose between building a new ship or fixing a sinking ship.
Knowing Thomy and the community, I'd say just give up on trying to get new players and focus on keeping the current players for as long as possible.

Online Drugs

• Liked: 3778 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2018, 08:56:24 am »
send cease and desist letter to jagex
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L, Blue Bird, Tulrak
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5