The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3273 times
    • View Profile
Re: Popularity Discussion and Features for 2018
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 02:46:27 pm »
I've already compiled a few ideas and will implement them in the next (or next but one) update:
  • Virtual leveling: progress after 99
  • Membership tweaking: no membership for skilling / areas
  • Voting system: Why not... can just re-use the old code. Currently discussing rewards. Any ideas? Could have a looting box for voting that contains experience lamps, other small items and resources but also rare and unique pets? Thoughts?
  • Barbarian dungeon rework: new drops & low/medium level monsters
  • Daily minigame task
  • Daily boss task (level 100+ probably and even 120+ for 4mans)

I'll be extending the list. :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:49:44 pm by Thomy »

Online Jp

• Liked: 1743 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 03:07:19 pm »
Here's my suggestions for voting rewads:
  • Pet(s). There are quite a lot of pets in-game that are basically already useable I believe
  • 2 New teleport tabs. One which takes you to Nex lobby, second teleport tab with 2 teleport options to new demons. 3rd option for 3rd demon whenever it gets released. These are tradeable
  • Custom items such as rainbow colored partyhat, quest cape with green trim instead of blue(?).
  • Possibly colored godwars armor? Excluding Nex. Similar to colored items in EP store. You would need the actual item to color it so it works as a small sink for them as well. Color would have to be quite small though as complete color change would look ugly and un-fitting imho.
  • Rune pouch and looting bag. These two items don't exist in Emps either so they'd have to be made from zero first I think.
  • Idea of having new armor called Vanguard armor in voting shop also came up earlier as tier 70 hybrid armor but I'm personally against putting actually useable armors and weapons into voting shop but it could work out and for majority it's not really a problem I guess. (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Vanguard_armour)

Online Ameer

• Liked: 634 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 04:43:30 pm »
I've already compiled a few ideas and will implement them in the next (or next but one) update:
  • Voting system: Why not... can just re-use the old code. Currently discussing rewards. Any ideas? Could have a looting box for voting that contains experience lamps, other small items and resources but also rare and unique pets? Thoughts?
  • Daily minigame task

I don't know if its the right time to write what I have in mind since its not complete yet,

Each time we vote, we gets a voting ticket which can be used later on ( a possible option ofc with the rewards in the shop) minigames, some xp boost or even each voting ticket you use during that game you get an extra ew ticket.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-Word player Since the day I resigned which I have no idea when

Offline Archer

• Liked: 29 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 04:49:43 pm »
I believe that you are up for this hard mission and I know for sure that you can do it. Just keep the good work up and believe in yourself as always. We will always be with you! <3
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Nedaz

• Liked: 68 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 06:17:59 pm »
unban me and u have 1+ player  ;D
The following users liked this post: Wg, Bluesunrunne

Offline Garoozis

• Liked: 6 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 06:54:57 pm »
PLEASE NO SUMMONING PLEASE NO NO NO NO  NO

Offline O

• Liked: 2 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 07:37:27 pm »
PLEASE NO SUMMONING PLEASE NO NO NO NO  NO
no need to make two accounts to get your point across.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Blue Bird

Online Wg

• Liked: 315 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2018, 06:14:56 am »
  • Daily minigame task

I address this directly to Thomy.
Four things I notice wrong in my eyes:
1) RAID for both skillers and pvmers would turn out to be thing regardless of how many players would attend to it. Grouping only four people is like making pest control for 2 - 3 people nobody else enter that round awaits another one. Loot can be adjusted ALWAYS. Similar to OSRS because players that stream usually do RAID for profit right now as end game content. Nex, Yk'Lagor and Har'Lakk lacks it, by seperating player into a groups by four people and it isn't paying off since not every player gets skilling material so fast to boss around. Only rich person or sponsored can afford 500+ killcount there
2) If anything, make those red button entrance work as expansion for bigger and wider area of monsters. For instance, amazing feature for slayer, adding area similar size to Har'lakk or Yk'Lagor shouldn't be something hard if you already put work in making two bosses per only one year last year.
3) Having said that all, talk to players who wants to be recruited as developers - clearly you need those more than anything else. If you have so many doubts about your own after almost 10 years in developing this game - you can always make official topic for developer entries or something. Mature players will definetely would take interest in it and then it's all up to you whether you hire them or no. Helping in developing game you like, I don't see how is that bad experience for just about any entusiast of Emps. Instead of all this bothersome talk, taking action and seeing results should be enough. Just for record, Eryn is up to doing quests not sure how's he doing but at least he volunteered. Prime example for you right there.
4) I know, Job + studies takes a lot of focus away leaving you exhausted. Dunno. Take your time in making updates, don't rush to things. I was okay when there was update one per two months with whole new content to explore. I don't blame you for having low player count - it's rather human physic that he plays for less values IRL things more than ever. So far, Im guessing you aware of it. Coins sinks need to be a little bit nerfed since marketing isn't going as it was before. Good example: Ice demon drops commonly around 20 - 30k coins per drop while I would say same difficulty monster as Abyssal demons drop up to 10k at best. Plus, they require 85 slayer to even deal damage. Perhaps, slight buff towards alch items wouldn't hurt? Oh, and while I mention alchs, Granite shield is still 5k with better defence bonuses than rune.

Online Wg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 06:18:23 am »
And... If thats not enough... Suggestion section is full of suggested things which can adjusted to game. Anytime. I posted in suggestion list section in my opinion what would I personally like to see. It's all up to you whether it makes it to the game or no.

Offline Nedaz

• Liked: 68 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 06:41:48 am »
And... If thats not enough... Suggestion section is full of suggested things which can adjusted to game. Anytime. I posted in suggestion list section in my opinion what would I personally like to see. It's all up to you whether it makes it to the game or no.
mhh i think we need unban all banned accaunts oldschool players come back not every but still someone really come
The following users liked this post: Tulrak, Wg, Bluesunrunne
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 09:04:38 pm »
I would also like to join this discussion as an old player of emps and as a fan of this rsps.

Let's try to be a little bit honest, Can we really ignore the fact that the new graphics is a thing which is extremely hated by the community ? No!,Actually emps started to lose players since the new graphics had been launched.

Moreover, back to old memories, Graham was a really popular person on all the rsps communities which lead us to get a lot of forum activities and daily logins. So, losing a professional programmer/community-friendly considered a trouble also.

Furthermore,I have not seen any google ads for emps, I cannot understand how you all expect to get new players without any ads!.
Hosting a server requires budget.  its doesnt hard to arrive to the top , the harder thing is to save your location thier.
Running a server is a pretty simple thing , but to make it popular and to keep it up the hardest part!.
So I EXTREMELY recommend to specify a budget for ads such as google ads or FaceBook ads.

"If you do what you have always done , you will get what you have always gotten" - by Tony Robbins.
Hello Thomy? May i ask you something? You have been busy all the time with coding and updating the server , Yeah good job man, So let me ask you , What have you gotten ? what achievements have you done expect for updating? 
Please do not misunderstand me , no offence , How you were sure that duplicating the same thing will move us to another place ?
Thomy , you are the leader of the ship, You are the Captain here , you are the only one who can lead emps ship to the success way.

Online Crusher123

• Liked: 422 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 10:57:56 pm »
Let's try to be a little bit honest, Can we really ignore the fact that the new graphics is a thing which is extremely hated by the community? No! Actually, Emps started to lose players since the new graphics had been launched.

FYI there was an HD client for the OSRS and to be honest many people liked it. Just check the comments of this video here for example. But it got shut down because the client was not approved by Jagex. Still, I guess that there are many players who would enjoy an RSPS with this type of graphics we currently have.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 03:37:47 am by Crusher123 »

Online Wg

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 04:28:28 am »
Let's try to be a little bit honest, Can we really ignore the fact that the new graphics is a thing which is extremely hated by the community? No! Actually, Emps started to lose players since the new graphics had been launched.

FYI there was an HD client for the OSRS and to be honest many people liked it. Just check the comments of this video here for example. But it got shut down because the client was not approved by Jagex. Still, I guess that there are many players who would enjoy an RSPS with this type of graphics we currently have.
Problem is not with graphics...  Im guessing, players come to chill here from old days(veterans) and explore what they cant find anywhere else. Excuse as OSRS is grabbing all players its because of tradeable membership through G.E. if that weren't been available - none would have turned their backs here as well as having their accounts banned. Would you still play if your account you played so much got banned? Doubt it. All that exp and time consumed isn't worth doing again if you got banned for literally small issues you had with Staff or RWT. As if OSRS bans each and everyone who RWTs... Half of community would go down the drain then, at least someone will be still buying your shit for irl cash there. Here... not so much. But if thats how people get their money its their own responsibility to do anything with items. I dont RWT myself but if paying cash for membership or any donator takes my money... isn't it RWT as well? Etc. in short, whether player choose to go to duel arena, wilderness or explore safe game content its up to him and keeping order is main staff purpose here. Thomy develops game for fun purpose as hobby, even if the only thing stable we got left is server maintance. Thats why other servers(wont name which ones exactly) are getting bigger player count around them. Stable 400 to say least. Emps has sarcastic side which involves one part being friendly to each other, joke around, and there is another, which is rejected - usually prepared to be disposed out of server since somehow they dont fit the "standards" of those who play longer. Thats why around 20 players are interested in this topic to say opinion at best. Others in Emps to find another prank call.

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3273 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 06:00:03 am »
Furthermore,I have not seen any google ads for emps, I cannot understand how you all expect to get new players without any ads!.
Hosting a server requires budget.  its doesnt hard to arrive to the top , the harder thing is to save your location thier.
Running a server is a pretty simple thing , but to make it popular and to keep it up the hardest part!.
So I EXTREMELY recommend to specify a budget for ads such as google ads or FaceBook ads.

Constantly been running google and facebook ads for almost over a year now. Any special ads you have been looking out for or are missing? :)

Online Wg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 06:00:59 am »

Constantly been running google and facebook ads for almost over a year now. Any special ads you have been looking out for or are missing? :)
what about twitter?
The following users liked this post: Thomy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5