The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3372 times
    • View Profile
New Client Builds
« on: May 11, 2017, 12:42:16 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm close to the release of a new client build, which will update the internal graphics library (lwjgl-2.9.0 --> lwjgl-3.1.1) and deploy the client in 1 file. We're also switching from Java 1.7 to Java 1.8. That means that the game is able to start pretty much instantly and that I can easily deploy new library updates.

However, I would like to test it on a few different computers first before the release. Please just go to: https://emps-world.net/data/glfw/ and download whatever client fits your operating system. It would be nice if Windows/Mac users could test both the Windows/Mac client and the Jar client. The windows executable can now also be pinned to your taskbar.

With this new client build, I also rewrote all user input and window management. This generally improves compatibility on both older and newer systems. So if something feels strange or different than before, please let me know it. Easily possible that something's wrong. Please post any issues you find directly here in this topic.

Thanks in advance,
Thomy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 12:46:08 pm by Thomy »

Offline H3lix

• Liked: 52 times
  • Il Pk I [01|May 10:35 pm]: lucifer was great
    • View Profile
Re: New Client Builds
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:45:41 pm »
Alright, let's hope for the best

First

Offline Zudikas95187

• Liked: 293 times
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:09:36 pm »
works for me, the only problem i noticed was that i was running in slow motion lol

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3372 times
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 02:30:14 pm »
works for me, the only problem i noticed was that i was running in slow motion lol

Not hearing this for the first time. Can you show me the ::openglinfo command? How many CPU cores do you have?

EDIT: I also updated the client with a possible fix. Mind restarting it and check if it still happens?
EDIT2: Updated the client and received reports that it's better now. Please let me know if this works for you. :)
EDIT3: The bug was successfully fixed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:30:29 pm by Thomy »
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Jhonson

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3877 times
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 11:18:51 pm »
So far the client has ran fine for me at least. I've noticed the launch time has improved quite a bit!
The following users liked this post: Thomy, S Clegane
Pages: 1