The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
A rather poorly-written but efficient new barrows guide.
« on: March 30, 2018, 03:50:08 am »
This is mage-only, cost-effective new barrows guide.

Requirements:

- 94 Magic
- 80 defence
- 40 prayer (the higher it is, the better. 70 prayer would be optimal)
- 90+ hitpoints
- 10m starting money

Gear/Inventory:

Personally, I find this setup quite cheap and good.

Inventory:

Gear:

Full ahrims works wonders at barrows because of it's spell-effect boost ability. Blood barrage heals more and freezes last for longer. You could go with more expensive options, but I'd stick with Ahrims, since this guide uses mainly blood barrage.

I took a skillcape over something else because it's extremely cheap (99k or so ), gives you prayer and attack bonuses. Salve amulet is a must at barrows.

I'm wearing a seers ring imbued, but it could be easily swapped with a regular seers ring or a ring of stone. I'm just using it because I have it.

Now about the inventory: Make sure you have over 1k of blood runes or death runes just in case you get unlucky. You're going to get all your runes back from the barrows chest (or not if you get extremely unlucky), and most likely even get more runes. The reason why I brought law runes is because you can use them to instantly teleport to canifis without having to walk to falador.

The fights:

As an autocast, use blood barrage.
If you have some prayer points left, start with Karil and move on to Ahrim, since those are the only two brothers that you'll have to use prayer on. Ahrim can be killed without prayer aswell, but only if you have at least 75+ HP remaining.

The melee brothers is the strength of this setup. You won't need prayer for any of them. After you open the coffin, run around for 2 seconds and then manually cast ice barrage on them and far-cast them with your blood barrage. The fight should look something like this:

If you encounter a catacomb, DO NOT GO INSIDE IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 2 BROTHERS REMAINING! Having more than 2 brothers remaining in the catacombs will be a pain in the ass since you can't really spawn them easily. If you have two or one brother remaining, feel free to enter!

When you're inside the starting room, the three out of four doors will be locked. Right click all of them until you see one that has the open option. The same is with doors to the barrows chest, except that it contains a puzzle. Here are the solutions:

The killcount is extremely quick to get using this setup. Run around in the room with a lot of the monsters, stand in a corner and blood barrage them all. You should get the killcount to 100% in 5-10 casts of blood barrage.

Good luck on your barrow pieces!

The following users liked this post: Thomy, Slimshadyy, Someone12116, Blue Bird, Namnori, Ravioli

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: A rather poorly-written but efficient new barrows guide.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 02:00:23 pm »
Short, simple and straight into the point, great guide! A list of the rewards could be added later but apart from that it is gud.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3326 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 02:30:46 pm »
Simple guide! The list of rewards is my job... I will put it onto the wiki in the coming days. :)

Offline Blakpn0y

• Liked: 25 times
  • +0/-0
  • Call me now for your free whipping.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 04:44:36 pm »
Guide is 8/10, Great job overall. But using magic here is waste of runes. I think, melee option would be more viable unless you're pure account and not main.

The world will have to deal with us.

Offline Slimshadyy

• Liked: 107 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hello my name is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 08:21:31 pm »
Clear and compact guide, thanks!

Player since 2009
Emps-world Player Moderator Since March 28, 2018
Resigned as staff member on the 28th of november, 2018
Event Manager Since June 3, 2019
Resigned as Event Manager Since August 24, 2019
Maxed

Offline Saligta

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 01:25:36 am »
Guide is 8/10, Great job overall. But using magic here is waste of runes. I think, melee option would be more viable unless you're pure account and not main.

I can see where you're coming from, but magic allows you to use minimal amount of prayer points when fighting the brothers, heal off of the monsters and get to 100% rewards in a matter of seconds. If you're bringing a melee switch you're just going to waste inventory space but with some optimization I can see it being efficient.
The following users liked this post: Blue Bird
Pages: 1