The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I've prepared a few changes and QoL improvements with this update. I've also dedicated some time into rewriting old systems to make sure certain skills in the game are enjoyable and convenient to interact with.

Slayer Partners
You are now able to share and complete Slayer tasks with one friend. You can setup your Slayer partner by right-clicking an enchanted gem. Once a partner is chosen it will be remembered until you pick a new one. When being close to each other kills count towards both of your kill count. Moreover, your partner gains 25% of Slayer experience from your kills. Happy Slaying! :D

Rune Emporium - Buying Runes
We've identified that the Rune store is quite a big target for macroing. Creating an auto-clicker to buy runes can easily be done and is also quite rewarding because of the restock rate. Therefore I am halving the amount of runes available in the shop and it now takes 10 seconds for the shop to restock 1 rune (previously 3s). I do understand that this is going to complicate the process of quickly getting runes, but I think that it's a solution that makes Runecrafting more attractive and solves an auto-clicker problem.

Fletching - Crossbows
You can now fletch crossbows. It is done by fletching different log types into crossbow stocks. These are combined with limbs (bronze - rune and blurite) to an unstrung crossbow. The unstrung crossbow needs to be combined with a crossbow string to create the final crossbow. Crossbow strings can be created by using flax on a spinning wheel, identical to how bow strings are created. The Fletching interface contains the level requirements for crossbows. Daily Fletching tasks now consider strung bows and longbows instead of unstrung ones. Crossbows have been excluded from the daily task list, because limbs can only be received as monster drops.

Interface Updates and Overhauls
Some interfaces have been overhauled and reworked to increase their usability. With this update I've also rewritten the entire fletching and hide crafting interfaces. You're now able to select options 1, 5, 10 and X properly throughout the entire item creation process.

I've updated the jewellery interface to ease the creation process of rings, necklaces and amulets. With this update the Crafting experience gained for jewellery has been increased by 20%.

When clicking on a furnace you'll now get an interface allowing you to pick the bar you wish to smelt. You can also still use the ore directly on the furnace.

Some Fletching and Crafting interfaces have also been overhauled:

Game changes:
  • Attack range of granite maul increased. It's now the same as spears and halberds. This makes comboing its special attack with other longer ranged weapons easier.
  • Instances for Kalphite Queen and Corporeal Beast have been fixed. They are now properly respawning. Moreover, recycled instance names (bandos instance named "test" and zamy instance named "test" for example) no longer interfere with each other and cause one of the instances to not work.
  • A bug was fixed where you could still gain combat experience when dealing 0 damage on a Slayer monster.
  • A bug was fixed where you had to click your enemy twice when swapping from a magic to melee weapon.
  • Clicking the Glacor is now working properly.
  • The run animations for santa and skeleton ring have been updated.
  • The smite prayer now drains 25% of your hit in prayer points instead of 20%.
  • Ancient staff now requires level 71 Magic and increases the cast range of all ancient spells by 2. Its bonuses have also been updated to be a tier 70 weapon.
  • A bug was fixed that didn't load POHs properly when eating while teleporting.

Engine changes:
  • Fixed an issue where the images of items wouldn't update when crafting green, blue, red or black dragon leather.
  • The quality of interfaces and sprites when using the framescale option has been increased. This change is visible the most at UHD or 4k screens.
  • Ground adjustment formulas for npcs have been overhauled. Larger monsters (dragons or larger) will now align better to the terrain.
  • A turn animation for players and npcs has been added when there is no movement and they are facing another entity.
  • The animation for climbing up stairs no longer blocks walking.

E-Mail Delivery Issues
I've received a few complaints that e-mails aren't being delivered properly. Checked the our mail server and gone through the configuration again. Should be working properly again, some configurations were outdated or missing. I'm receiving all mails on my google account and assume it's thus also working for others. Please let me know if you aren't receiving any mails from the Emps-World server and I'll have an individual look at why your mail provider blocks it.

I hope you're enjoying this update. It's mainly aimed at improving the game and fixes a few bugs. I'll now be starting to work on the next group challenge boss named Kal'Ger. This demon is going to drop new tier 85 melee weapons. :D

All the best,
Thomy

Updates of the 15th:
  • Ironmen can now accept aid. This was causing a bug when ironmen where tasking people to be their slayer partners.
  • Fletching crossbows has received fixes. You can no longer combine invalid combinations to create crossbows.
  • The ancient staff buff was too much - it's now a tier 65 weapon with the same effect though.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:19:08 am by Thomy »

Offline The Ava

• Liked: 179 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Great update! well done
* Game Moderator  Since 28/11/2017, Resigned 10/03/2018
*Oldschool Player Since 2009.
*ING: St 3rd mage

Offline Iron Thunder

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Good job ;)

Offline Slimshadyy

• Liked: 107 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hello my name is...
    • View Profile
Good update, realy like the Slayer partner changes
Thanks

Player since 2009
Emps-world Player Moderator Since March 28, 2018
Resigned as staff member on the 28th of november, 2018
Event Manager Since June 3, 2019
Resigned as Event Manager Since August 24, 2019
Maxed

Offline Iron Corne

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Noice i like

Edit: does the slayer partner have to deal damage to gain the 25% xp?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:03:35 am by Iron Corne »
#exkneesocks

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Noice i like

No. You have to see each other and the kill counts for both you and your partner's kill count.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Noice i like

No. You have to see each other and the kill counts for both you and your partner's kill count.
So in other words our skillers can train slayer now with the help from their main account or other players

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Noice i like

So in other words our skillers can train slayer now with the help from their main account or other players

Yes. Assuming both you and your partner can get and complete the same Slayer task. :)

Offline Namnori

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • <><.><>
    • View Profile
Yesh, very nice updates, me like them.

Offline Helpmeplease

• Liked: 102 times
  • +0/-0
  • Respect is something you earn!
    • View Profile
Keep it up Big T!

Main account: I Once I
Pure account: Helpmeplease

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
The slayer update sounds nice but just one partner at a time is kind of gay. How about making it a clan chat thing? The rule that the clan members whose slayer xp is shared would need to be close would still apply, but it would allow clans to have slayer events where people don't need to change their partners all the time and occasionally may have more than one partner.
Would encourage people to encourage other people to train slayer, even if they already have a buddy.
To make sure that not too much extra xp is awarded, the amount of xp could be based on a formula that awards more xp total but less xp per person with every extra person.
Something like:
Code: [Select]
XpAwardedToNearbyClanMembers = (OriginalSlayerXp * 0.125 * (NumberOfClanMembers + 1)) / NumberOfClanMembersWhich is rounded up to the nearest integer (else when we get a million players, then there would be a possibility that the bonus xp may be rounded down to 0 :(, so rounding up sets the minimum at 1 xp if there are lots of people doing the same task together in the same clan).

That would be the same 25% bonus if someone just has 1 buddy getting 1 kill, 12.5% extra for every extra buddy getting 1 extra kill, while awarding less xp for every extra buddy not pulling their weight.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:17:17 pm by Tulrak »
The following users liked this post: Crusher123, Namnori, Blakpn0y

Offline Brock Lesnar

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ancient Staff in terms of stats is too OP in my opinion.. on par with elemental staff. difference in getting one is quite astonishing.

Offline 2 Sexy For U

• Liked: 52 times
  • +0/-0
  • The secret to get ahead is getting started
    • View Profile
Read through most update notes and it's looking really nice. Glad to see the server is still going well and a lot of amazing people is still around.

Can't get to start exploring the new content in the upcoming week ^_^ Hope to see some old pals aswell

Offline Darker Manz

• Liked: 103 times
  • +0/-0
  • Success is an ally of all perseverance.
    • View Profile
i think its bad idea most players quit from thats idea and it make the slayer impossible and thats not fair.
Pages: 1