The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3322 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I've got a few interesting game changes ready and am proud to present our 3rd group boss to you: Yk'Lagor. Who is dropping brand new level 85 Magic weapons.

Shield Specials
I've added a new button to the attack interface, the Shield Special ability. Different shields will now have different abilities that aid you in combat. Some shields already had abilities (spirit shield, dragonfire shield), which can now be used by clicking that button. By default every shield has the Taunt ability. I will now explain all shield abilities currently available:
  • Taunt: Forces an npc to attack you for a certain amount of time. I recommend reading the next section for more details about NPC aggression.
  • Protect: Protects you from all damage by a given amount of time. Spirit shields have this effect and its duration is 2.5 seconds.
  • Dragonfire: Fires a dragon breath at your enemy.
  • Freedom: Breaks all freezes and gives you freezing immunity for 2.5 seconds. Chaotic kiteshield (newly added) currently has this ability.
  • Elemental boost: Gives every elemental spell from the normal spellbook a +2 base damage boost.
The duration of a shield special can be seen at the number, which is in the brackets near the effect name. So for example Taunt [20] means that you can taunt an enemy for 20 seconds. Taunting has no cooldown, but it comes at the cost of having to skip your next attack.

NPC Combat Target
With the ability to taunt npcs, I've also changed the way they behave during combat. Especially the target switching code, because I have to make sure that taunting npcs cannot heavily be abused and doesn't create any strange scenarios. I'm summarizing the way npcs behave during combat in the list below:
  • New targets are selected every 4 seconds. That is about 1-2 attacks before trying to find a new target.
  • New targets are always selected if the current target cannot be attacked. That happens if you try to run away from an npc, died or teleported away.
  • Taunting gives 2 seconds complete immunity to target switching. Also if you teleport away, die or are too far away!
  • Taunting gives complete immunity to random target switching. The npc won't start looking for new targets as long as it can attack you.
  • Taunting an enemy gives them taunt immunity for 10 seconds.

Yk'Lagor
Deep down the depths of the Asgarnian dungeon a new dangerous foe has appeared, Yk'Lagor. A thunderous demon that's supposed to be fought in a group of 4 people. Every participant (up to a maximum of 4) gets a drop from the boss and could be lucky to get the new level 85 Magic Demon wand or Demon orb.

Engine changes:
  • Projectile angles smoothened across travel time. They'll no longer flicker and change their rotation angle quickly. An animation downscaling bug was also fixed. Projectiles animations will now also have smoother animations.
  • Defensive autocast button added.
  • The way objects are adjusted to the ground has been improved. It's a visual upgrade for rocks, tree stumps, etc. on the floor.
  • Certain buggy triangles flying in the air have been removed. They existed in Camelot, Ardougne and Edgeville.
  • I've improved the way objects are loaded when a new map is loading. I wasn't really satisfied with the results of trees shortly flickering and then switching to their stump state. The same thing was happening to rocks. I've updated the game to try to avoid such scenarios and it's been working really good so far. You should see less objects flicker when their state is changed. The ::reloadmap command was also overhauled and is now handled by the server instead of the client.
  • The smithing interface now has a 'Smith All' option.
  • Experience gains are now properly added up. If you're fighting lots of enemies with a multi target spell you'll now only see 1 experience drop per game tick instead of one per hit.
  • The animations of floating rocks in water have been fixed.
  • The minimap icons of trees and rocks have been updated. Some were missing and the information also wasn't shown on the map viewer.

Game changes:
  • Spam-clicking stairs in POHs can no longer bug your character and place you on top of roofs.
  • Spectrals now pause their attack when you're starting to attack another player in the wilderness. This fixes an issue where the attacked player couldn't fight back.
  • Spectral equipment lost on death, that hasn't yet been degraded, will no longer turn into coins, but Spectral energy. This was a bug before the update.
  • A bug was fixed where teleporting enemies would leave unclippable spots behind. An example of this happening are Abyssal demons, which would stop walking around after a certain amount of time.
  • Shenven can now assign all monsters available in her dungeon.
  • Most of Shenven's cave are now a multi combat zone. Gladiators, Dark beasts and half of Abyssal demons are still single combat.
  • The experience gains for multi target spells / effects (ancients & chin chompas) have been reduced to 20%. I do realize this is a really harsh nerf, but the amount of experience you can get without having to use any additional resources is just way too big. Especially with recent changes introducing new multi combat areas.
  • The hits of multi target spells / effects are now instantly shown instead of 1 game tick later.
  • Abyssal demons have slightly been buffed (2 maxhits and ~10% accuracy). They were too weak for a level 124 opponent. Still hitting nothing on me when using protection prayer and decent gear. This is a change aimed at long trips without any sustain.
  • The usability of melee weapons with larger hit distances has been improved. You'll now stop before your opponent whenever they can be reached and eating also no longer moves you towards your enemy.
  • Chaotic kiteshield can now be bought with Slayer Points.
  • Broken Torva, Virtus and Pernix can no longer be equipped. The broken parts could still be equipped but gave no bonuses. To resolve the confusion of the items still being usable, they now simply can no longer be equipped.
  • Archers around Barbarian village can now drop studded (g/t) bodies and chaps.
  • The heraldic drop table of clue scrolls now contains green and blue dragonhide (g/t).
  • Autocast spells no longer reset when relogging.
  • God capes now require level 60 Magic to be worn.

Please let me know what you think of these changes! Especially how it feels to be able to taunt and tank monsters. Is it useful? Do we need more items or more techniques for it to become more useful? Let me know! :)

All the best,
Thomy

Changes and Fixes of the 9th:
  • Hundig slayer tasks have been fixed.
  • Yk'Lagor can now be assigned by Shenven.
  • Yk'Lagor no longer has a lifesteal bonus except for the last stage. The chance for spawning a random minion has been adjusted. Randomly spawning minions during the fight has been reduced by 2.5% and the chance of spawning a Ranger is now 2/3. This change doesn't affect the spawns of phase changes (jumping into the middle).
  • Items dropped on death are no longer inside the boss area of Yk'Lagor, but outside in the lobby.
  • A bug in the code of following NPCs was fixed. This also fixes a problem where you would still move towards your enemy when attacking with a spear.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:25:44 am by Thomy »

Offline Handcuffs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates February 8th - Taunts, NPC combat, Yk'Lagor and more!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:55:39 am »
np

Offline Ravioli

• Liked: 285 times
  • +0/-0
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:04:08 am »
Woooow niiiceee :)

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:04:47 am »
I will be hosting a kick-off event, please click the following link for more information.
https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=20744.msg160706#msg160706

As always, well done, Thomy!
The following users liked this post: Thomy

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 10:21:51 am »

I am so damn mad over the bug fixes you just made, you literally wasted over 15 mins of my time.

Btw its actually a good update apart from what happened ^
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:24:44 am by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Iron Thunder

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 03:57:51 pm »
Well done!!! ::)

Offline Mikeelvis

• Liked: 23 times
  • +0/-0
  • Emps player since ~2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 07:45:49 pm »
Looks great! Good job Thomy, I like it :)
I hated every minute of training, but I said; "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
~The Greatest Of All Time
~Muhammad Ali

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Updates February 8th & 9th - Taunts, NPC combat, Yk'Lagor and more!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 02:34:41 pm »
Perfect  ;)
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Iron Y

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 08:15:10 pm »
The taunting thing is glitched. When someone is killing some kind of npc my screen freezes and after some time i get disconnected.

Offline Es Dexster

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 09:40:44 pm »
Sweet update brotha
Pages: 1