The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Buffing drop rates of pvp sets/weapons
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:00:15 pm »
Basically since pvp sets are completely obsolete in wilderness I'm suggesting to buff the drop rates. It's pretty straight forward honestly.
I think we really need to do something and start balancing this shit from somewhere, so it fits into pking scene so it's not just meant for pvming.

It would be fun to bring old content alive again, instead of just have it sit there and every pvmer skips the task anyways. I don't care if the area will be pker dominated, I want these sets to be more common in wild.

Inb4 omg muh precious items crashing in price then !!!

Well nobody is really doing spectrals because it's not really worth doing, and pvp sets are already quite cheap just really rare.
The following users liked this post: Jp, Crusher123, Someone12116, Earl, Suryoyo K0, Hi Im Ethan, S Clegane, Bluesunrunne

Offline 123456789xd

• Liked: 61 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Buffing drop rates of pvp sets/weapons
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »
I wouldn't say it needs a buff. With decent gear I usually end up getting a drop every 2-3 trips in spectrals. Drop rate is 1:50 and it's not that hard to kill them. It's not about old content. It's community problem ( less players overall= less pvmers).
Also only certain parts are cheap most of the non corrupts are fairly expensive.

I get it you want to pk. But there aren't that much players to make it come true.
Then life is giving you lemons you go make billions
-Avenus

Back at it again with Kaute

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 05:24:36 pm »
I wouldn't say it needs a buff. With decent gear I usually end up getting a drop every 2-3 trips in spectrals. Drop rate is 1:50 and it's not that hard to kill them. It's not about old content. It's community problem ( less players overall= less pvmers).
Also only certain parts are cheap most of the non corrupts are fairly expensive.

I get it you want to pk. But there aren't that much players to make it come true.

The ridiculous price don't help it much either. (Zuriel's staff is upto 200M atm) Players also won't come from nothing, there needs to be done something to make PvP more appealing to more people. Paying 50M for a set, getting teamed by much experienced players and on top of that getting shit talked to oblivion isn't really the most appealing thing ever.

Bandos pieces back in scape were 2m each and yet they had demand even though they were cheap as fuck. Those were suitable for PKing since it didnt hurt too much to lose a set but getting them as a drop multiple times a day still cumulated into nice profit over after few fights. It would be healthy for PKing if the PvP armor pieces were cheap so that people could afford to come back into wilderness after a single death, instead of going to the Duel Arena to stake whatever they have left in their bank and quit the game.

There's also now better gear for PvMers than in the past so changing any of this shouldn't affect the PvM aspect of the game. There is no point in using armor from spectrals over the Nex sets at bosses.

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 05:36:16 pm »

I feel like we could adjust droptables once in awhile when it would benefit the server. It won't be a miracle fix for pking but it wont hurt.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:42:24 pm by Drugs »

Offline Papa Troq

• Liked: 63 times
  • +0/-0
  • Playing Emps since early 2007.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 01:16:30 am »
Basically since pvp sets are completely obsolete in wilderness I'm suggesting to buff the drop rates. It's pretty straight forward honestly.
I think we really need to do something and start balancing this shit from somewhere, so it fits into pking scene so it's not just meant for pvming.

It would be fun to bring old content alive again, instead of just have it sit there and every pvmer skips the task anyways. I don't care if the area will be pker dominated, I want these sets to be more common in wild.

Well nobody is really doing spectrals because it's not really worth doing, and pvp sets are already quite cheap just really rare.
Maybe it's your own damn mistake to rush all of those people in the past who were doing spectrals. I did them as a slayer task, quit it because of damn rushers who came to kill me.
The following users liked this post: Jandar

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 01:37:48 am »

Maybe it's your own damn mistake to rush all of those people in the past who were doing spectrals. I did them as a slayer task, quit it because of damn rushers who came to kill me.

That doesn't even make any sense.

Spectrals were buffed because people were complaining about how the sets were so cheap, best-in-slot and how they had no demand anymore. People definitely didn't stop killing them. Spectrals were the place where every single staker went to rebuild after getting cleaned.

Now that they are much more expensive to use and they no longer are the best-in-slot equipment in PvM because of Nex, the armor would no longer have the negative impact on PvM as it used to.
The following users liked this post: Earl

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 11:02:10 am »

I don't care it should go hand in hand with dying, it's a pvp update in a sense that they're pvp sets and the content is in wild. The only good way to liven up pking is to add content to wild.
Every pvp set is already rather cheap, it's just rare.

I don't see pvmers in osrs crying about why revenants are in wild. It's a update made for pvp side, and one of the main points behind adding content to wild is to liven up pking not safe pvm methods for pvmers.

There were alot of pkers for months near spectrals and kolodion, you didn't see people crying then. Now that we have less pkers it's somehow morally wrong to kill pvmers in wild when you're the only pker, no.

The following users liked this post: Earl

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 11:56:45 am »
I agree with drop rate buff.

As far as drops goes, from time to time players seek to buy armor dropped from Spectrals. What interested me the most - Zuriel's Staff(Hoped up to 200M per staff), Morrigan's Leathertop(Up to 100M) and Statius's pieces(Higher and more in demand than Vesta's while giving same if not mistaken strength bonus). All items are non-corrupted that I took for example. Worse case scenario - Corrupt items are rarely saught out in wildy, you don't commonly see a pure pker with it. So, I take it it's usually either for collecting or ancient energy gain purposes. Would be nice to make it in use in combat.

Perhaps maybe add small ancient energy as drop instead of those runes/adamant/rune drops from Spectrals? Then we could make more Ancient Energy flow into game.(Just small thought that ran through my mind)

Also, there is certain obelisks standing inside the game. Perhaps, use of them could turn out to be something? You can find one near Blue Dragons in Rimmington Dungeon. Like, to charge, let's say Zuriel items only. Vesta's/Statius's/Morrigan's somewhere else.

P.S. @Troq748, Being rushed is natural habitat of Wilderness - you're in Player vs Player zone, what more you expect? It's not some kind of Boss like GWD or Corp and sure as hell won't have instanced place any time soon.
The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 02:47:54 pm »
spectrals are also aids to kill, way too strong

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 04:46:06 pm »
spectrals are also aids to kill, way too strong

They might have been stealth nerfed at some point. We tested out them with Karel and we were able to do pretty decent trips with Guthans. Drops were nonexistent tho.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 03:45:29 pm »
Had an idea to make Spectral's drop only the corrupted armors (with increased drop rate) and 100% drop rate for ancient energy. With ancient energy you could upgrade the corrupted version to the better one. Upgraded armor wouldn't degrade either after made and are tradeable. This has a problem though and a few questions.

Would that make Spectral's more appealing and if so should the stats of upgraded corrupted armors be tweaked a bit? Maybe very strong offensive wise (for those high hits and combos) but they would only work in PvP areas?(Wilderness and Al-Kharid safe wilderness). Woud that destroy barrow armor usage in wilderness or would barrows armor work as a counter for them then with their high defensive stats?

If that was changed what would be an appealing amount of energy you need to upgrade the corrupted armor? And what would happen to already existing armors? Are they turned into ancient energy?

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 04:56:13 pm »
Had an idea to make Spectral's drop only the corrupted armors (with increased drop rate) and 100% drop rate for ancient energy. With ancient energy you could upgrade the corrupted version to the better one. Upgraded armor wouldn't degrade either after made and are tradeable. This has a problem though and a few questions.

Would that make Spectral's more appealing and if so should the stats of upgraded corrupted armors be tweaked a bit? Maybe very strong offensive wise (for those high hits and combos) but they would only work in PvP areas?(Wilderness and Al-Kharid safe wilderness). Woud that destroy barrow armor usage in wilderness or would barrows armor work as a counter for them then with their high defensive stats?

If that was changed what would be an appealing amount of energy you need to upgrade the corrupted armor? And what would happen to already existing armors? Are they turned into ancient energy?

That would just make the corrupted armor even popular in the terms of ancient energy suicide fodder, or depending on the amoung of energy dropped by the spectrals, make the corrupt items completely useless even for that purpose. Even though they would be used for upgrading, that wouldn't bring the value up, because all the upgrading hassle is just dumb and people would just ignore all the armor.

I think the weapons should stay rare, but the armor should be made more common.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:58:26 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Drugs, Crusher123

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 04:59:19 pm »

That would just make the corrupted armor even popular in the terms of ancient energy suicide fodder, or depending on the amoung of energy dropped by the spectrals, make the corrupt items completely useless even for that purpose. Even though they would be used for upgrading, that wouldn't bring the value up.

I think the weapons should stay rare, but the armor should be made more common.
Another problem I forgot to add is that what happens to currently existing energy? Some people literally have 100ks of them.
The following users liked this post: Drugs

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 05:03:57 pm »
Idh any ideas atm, ill try come up with something.
If anyone has any solid ideas use suggestions.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:38:37 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Cjkinsey6
Pages: 1