The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
Stuck on 'Starting Emps-World'
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:21:48 am »
Basically I have this school tablet, it's a Surface Pro 3, I tried to run Emps World on it but this is all I get :

I have Java version 8 update 51 on there. I know it's outdated but if I wanna update it I'd have to get the admin credentials which is not possible for me.

It doesn't matter if I try to run the windows executable or the Jar file to run the game, I still have the same problem.

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.

Mary

Re: Stuck on 'Starting Emps-World'
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 01:20:57 pm »
You'll have to update it and probably also need admin rights to dl the cache

Offline Just Humen

• +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 02:04:03 pm »

What about JPortal? I used it to get the latest update, but the file is just sitting there, when I check what version of Java I have, it doesn't show me the one I downloaded from JPortal.

Mary

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 02:24:22 pm »

What about JPortal? I used it to get the latest update, but the file is just sitting there, when I check what version of Java I have, it doesn't show me the one I downloaded from JPortal.
wtf is jportal? use java.com?

Offline Just Humen

• +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 05:53:40 pm »

wtf is jportal? use java.com?

JPortable is a program to download a protable version of Java, which doesn't need admin rights. I don't know how to use it though.

Mary

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 06:53:15 pm »
If your tablet is not running a 'true' windows OS you cannot run emps world. I thought, since you mention it's a surface, it had a full windows OS. But if it's adjusted for tablet/portable OS you cannot use it

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 10:10:44 pm »
As long as you're able to run a JVM, you'll be able to play Emps-World. The application is blocked by the OS from connecting to the internet, probably due to the lack of rights. You probably have to execute it as administrator.

Offline Just Humen

• +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 10:48:48 am »
As long as you're able to run a JVM, you'll be able to play Emps-World. The application is blocked by the OS from connecting to the internet, probably due to the lack of rights. You probably have to execute it as administrator.

But as long as I'm not using the school's wifi I don't have any internet restrictions.

Mary

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 03:40:52 pm »

But as long as I'm not using the school's wifi I don't have any internet restrictions.
He's talking about account restrictions. You can use a computer as a 'user' or as an 'administrator'. As an user you're allowed to use it, but you can barely make changes to the core programs and features. You often need to be an administrator to run any new programs properly.

Offline Just Humen

• +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 06:03:19 pm »

He's talking about account restrictions. You can use a computer as a 'user' or as an 'administrator'. As an user you're allowed to use it, but you can barely make changes to the core programs and features. You often need to be an administrator to run any new programs properly.

Oh alright. Thanks for the replies guys.

Pages: 1