The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Scams you should watch out for
« on: June 26, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »
I've seen a lot of people get scammed lately, so I wanted to raise awareness of certain scams. That's why I'm making this guide to show you scams you can easily avoid. Some of these scams are punishable, some are not. If a scam is punishable you can get a refund to your items by making a ticket to the helpdesk. Please report right after you got scammed.

Warning: This guide is to raise awareness of these scams, do not try to perform these or you will be punished.

Doubling Money

The oldest scam in the book. Someone will say they're doubling money or items, they'll accept your stuff and run off. Please don't fall for this. Report anyone you see doing this, as this is punishable. Just avoid trading these people at all cost.

Lending

Sometimes people will ask for gear or items to lend, they'll often promise to return more. It's very probable that they may not return your items. What's even worse is that people often stake lent items, resulting in recovery being impossible. Lend scamming is against the rules and is punishable, please report it. Never lend anything to strangers.

The Halberd Hasta Scam

This scam involves trading someone that is buying a dragon hasta a noted dragon halberd. The icons look very similar, however the halberd has a very low value compared to the hasta. This scam is punishable, so please report it. You can avoid this scam by checking your 2nd trade screen or right clicking the items.

The Mantas Scam

It's one of the oldest scams, yet people still fall for it sometimes. Someone will be saying something along the lines of "free mantas, show me your bag so I know how many to give" Sure, they'll give you mantas, but as soon as you have them you find that you forgot to take your bag out of your trade. This scam also happens with sea turtles, sharks and monkfish. This scam is punishable, please report it and you'll get your items refunded. You can avoid this scam by checking your trade before you accept.

The Member Ticket Scam

Someone will be selling member tickets, you really wanna get your membership back up fast so you buy one. What's this? You've got a gold ring and he has your money. Once again these item icons are very similar. This scam is also punishable, so please report it to get a refund. To avoid this scam always check your 2nd trade screen.

The Climbing Boots Scam

Someone will attempt to sell the grey boots for climbing boots. The gray boots are sold in a store in rimmington while the climbing boots are a drop from a high level slayer monster. Once again, this scam is punishable so please report it if it happens. You can avoid this scam by looking at the second screen of the trade.

The Hasta Spear Scam

This one may be a bit easier to spot, but still happens. Putting in an iron or steel hasta instead of a zamorakian spear. Once again icons look very similar, this one is also punishable so please report it if it happens. Can also be avoided by just checking the 2nd trade screen.

The Prayer Potion Scam

You're buying prayer potions, and someone puts attack potions or (unf) ranarr potions in the trade, you don't notice it and boom, there goes your money. The icons are very similar. This scam is punishable, please report it if you see it. You can avoid this scam by right clicking the item or looking at the 2nd trade screen.

The Enchanted Robe Scam

Again, fairly similar icons. Enchanted robes can be bought in a shop in rimmington however, and they also have way lower stats than battle robe. This scam is also punishable, so please report it to get a refund. To avoid this scam always check your 2nd trade screen.

Dragon santa scam

Again, fairly similar icons. 10 dragon santas were given out last christmas, making them a very rare item. They look very similar to normal santa hats though, which are obtainable from the burnt chest and christmas crackers. This scam is also punishable, so please report it to get a refund. To avoid this scam always check your 2nd trade screen.

White platelegs scam

Again, fairly similar icons. While they look similar to 3rd age, white platelegs don't have their stats nor their value. It may be sold to you in a set so it stands out less. This scam is also punishable, so please report it to get a refund. To avoid this scam always check your 2nd trade screen.

This is a list I will keep updated, if you have any to add please post them.

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
Re: Scams you should watch out for
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 04:04:00 pm »
Lesson 1: Don't be an idiot

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

The following users liked this post: Icedrags, Someone12116, Tomtim1, Ledomy10

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 04:07:25 pm »
Nice guide, 10/10

Something to add:

Teleother scam mid trade screen.

1 person stays at wilderness, in the place where the victim will be teleported. While another person trades something to the victim. When the victim clicks accept, a person will cast teleother spell on the victim. Instead of clicking 'accept' on the trade screen, he clicks 'accept' on the teleother spell.

You may rewrite this whole paragraph.

Thanks for making this guide.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:45:35 pm by Kaarel 123 »

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:12:04 pm »
Nice guide, 10/10

Something to add:

1 person stays at wilderness, in the place where the victim will be teleported. While another person trades something to the victim. When the victim clicks accept, a person will cast teleother spell on the victim. Instead of clicking 'accept' on the trade screen, he clicks 'accept' on the teleother spell.

Thans for making this guide.
Accept aid is turned off by default, I have yet to see anyone fall for this since that was changed.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 04:22:29 pm »
Climbing boots and these regular grey boots

Wild teleport was removed because I made like 2b off from it :kappa: /neverforget
The following users liked this post: Charr, Ledomy10, Keiskelar

Mary

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 05:17:53 pm »
Add iron hasta/steel hasta instead of Zamorakian spear :)

Like before, the ice plateau group teleport has been removed, so you cant really scam with aid on anymore

Great guide, thumbs up
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 05:48:07 pm »
Nice guide, 10/10

Something to add:

Accept aid is turned off by default, I have yet to see anyone fall for this since that was changed.
Glad to hear this scam has been removed.

In Emps-Scape, some people tried to scam me this way 3 times in a row, although they failed really bad.

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 05:50:57 pm »
Nice guide, 10/10

Something to add:

Glad to hear this scam has been removed.

In Emps-Scape, some people tried to scam me this way 3 times in a row, although they failed really bad.

I always trade them junk but they decline :'(

Being a fool and getting scammed once or twice will teach you to be much more careful in the future :P

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 06:12:30 pm »
^
People who fall for these scams don't even use the forums, but o'well.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Charr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »
^
People who fall for these scams don't even use the forums, but o'well.
Not entirely true, but you do have a point. There are few forum users that get scammed, though there are some.
I would like to have a topic to point to though, which is exactly why I made this.
;

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 06:27:15 pm »
Idk when I start playing (started) new servers I used to check these guides out before staking and such, but I didn't even care about forums either.

They can come in handy thou there arent many scams and all of them are retarded.
when new players jõin few of them check these guides for sure.

Offline Emps Loover

• Liked: 347 times
  • +0/-0
  • If you can dream it, you can do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 09:03:09 pm »
Nice guide!

I have found out that a lot of people are trying to sell attack potions while saying they are prayer potions. Maybe you can add that one?
The following users liked this post: Charr

Offline Keiskelar

• Liked: 180 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 09:24:28 pm »
This is more like how2scam guide :kappa:

You don't get postcount in Off-Topic Section btw.

#Joshiee

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einste
The following users liked this post: C4 Nerd, Mattthu, Ledomy10

Offline Ledomy10

• Liked: 241 times
  • +0/-0
  • kamikadze
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 11:02:33 pm »
Gr8 guide m8. 10/10. :)

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 01:52:38 am »
Snelms and other odd and unusual items.

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis
Pages: 1 2