The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Loop

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Guide to the demon bosses, part 1 - Kal'ger
« on: July 28, 2018, 04:35:30 pm »
Introduction
Because there are no guides on the new demon bosses, I will try to take it upon myself to try to explain how to kill each and every one of them properly, starting with the latest of the three - Kal'ger.

level requirements
•   96 herblore - (to make overloads).
•   99 defense
•   99 hitpoints
•   99 attack level (optional if you use range).
•   99 strength (optional if you use range).
•   99 range (optional if you use melee).
•   70 prayer (to use piety prayers)

Kal'ger is located in the barbarian dungeon, The ladder that leads to its' lair is near baby blue dragons.

IMPORTANT: If you die, the items spawn near the ladder upstairs.

setup/inventory
There are a few different approaches you can take setting up your inventory. to start off, you need to choose if you are going to take a poison purge aura (which is very helpful at this boss because it poisons you for 10 damage every time you reach its' range stage) or an antipoison potion.

This is the inventory setup if you decide to take a bandos godsword (shorter trips, faster kills).

And this is the setup if you take a saradomin godsword (longer trips, slower kills).

I will not go on a rant on what gear you should take because of course, the best gear to take there would be nex armor, which is not accessible to the majority of the community. However, I will show the gear that i used to kill over 200 of kal'gers and do 11-13 kills per trip.

NOTE: I would also recommend to do the first few trips with range, because it is a little bit more noob friendly and the boss has
some multi attacks which he performs with melee, so you would lose less hitpoints killing it from a distance.

Killing the boss, mechanics, phases   

The boss itself is very simple once you understand how to kill it and unlike any other demon boss it doesn't spawn minions, which makes the kills a lot faster and much like nex, it has a few phases. however, these phases can easily be understood, just look at what weapon kal'ger uses and use the protection prayer from that.
During all the phases kal'ger has a special attack, which makes meteors, that ignore all protection prayers, fall from the ceiling. You need to avoid these meteors or you will lose a lot of hp very quickly.
Every time this special attack occurs, he will yell it out loud, like such:

2400-2000. The melee phase

This phase is very simple, just pray melee and avoid the meteors.

2000-1600. The melee and mage phase

This phase is a little bit more complicated. Most players who attempt killing kal'ger lose most of their hitpoints during this and one other phase.
Just like in the first phase, your default prayer is melee however, sometimes kal'ger will use his mage attack during this phase, during which you need to switch to mage prayer, then switch back to melee prayer once the attack is over. you can indicate that a mage attack will happen when kal'ger claps his hands. The mage attack itself looks like this.

1600-1200. The range phase

Pray range in this phase and avoid the meteors.

1200-800. The melee and mage phase

this phase is completely identical to the 2000-1600 phase.

800-400. The mage phase

Use mage protection prayer during this whole phase. when Kal'ger bashes the ground with his staff, as shown in the picture, you need to move or you will receive 2 hits that completely ignore all prayer.

400-ded. The melee phase

this phase is identical to the first phase, however, kal'ger deals a little bit more damage with the maul.

Drop table
Now that you're ready to slay this beast, lets look at the rewards you will be able to receive.

Epilogue
Excuse me if i made any mistakes writing this guide, it is my first one after all. If i missed something, please let me know, i will then edit it in. This guide is the first one out of three i'm planning to do on demon bosses.
Thank you for reading and happy pvming.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:22:03 am by Loop »

Offline Antebellum

• Liked: 27 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Guide to the demon bosses, part 1 - Kal'ger
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 04:50:15 am »

level requirements
•   99 defense
•   99 hitpoints
atleast 70 prayer aswell, for piety + protection prayers etc. Other than that, great topic.
The following users liked this post: Loop

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 07:22:35 am »

level requirements
•   99 defense
•   99 hitpoints
atleast 70 prayer aswell, for piety + protection prayers etc. Other than that, great topic.
added ;)

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:33:22 am »
In my eyes, here's what is missing:

- You mentioned Ranged 99 requirement but not a single picture of Ranged method for Boss. Either exclude it or add up to make up for requirement.
- You can always kill Kal'Ger Boss in all three styles. I don't see how Magic is any exception to it.
- Don't forget to include other gear as well, such as Saradomin Katana and etc. 3rd age and other respective armour depending on which style it goes. As well as mediocre gear for those who can't afford 96 Herblore or weapons you showed as well as Auras and ammo/runes.

Besides these points - Amazing Guide for just about anyone.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:39:00 am by Wg »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 12:50:09 pm »

- You mentioned Ranged 99 requirement but not a single picture of Ranged method for Boss. Either exclude it or add up to make up for requirement.
- You can always kill Kal'Ger Boss in all three styles. I don't see how Magic is any exception to it.
- Don't forget to include other gear as well, such as Saradomin Katana and etc. 3rd age and other respective armour depending on which style it goes. As well as mediocre gear for those who can't afford 96 Herblore or weapons you showed as well as Auras and ammo/runes.

People who are looking to kill high level bosses should be fully aware of what good gear for each style is. The relevant information here are the mechanics, because this is a boss guide, not a range/magic guide. If you don't know what good gear for each respective style is, I'd redirect you back to goblins.

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 10:48:02 pm »

I didn't want to be like a certain someone who went on to write a novel on nex, so I just included the information that everyone could use without much effort to understand it. Every style is suitable, I just showed what gear i used to kill it, I didn't say it was the most optimal one.
The following users liked this post: Someone12116, Tulrak

Offline Tulrak

• Liked: 667 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 11:35:02 pm »
I didn't want to be like a certain someone who went on to write a novel on nex

Thanks for not doing that, it looks like a nice guide after a quick read-through, I only noticed a few mistakes with grammar (mostly unnecessary apostrophes after the word "its" and some capitalization mistakes), but other than that the guide seems mostly on point (personally I'd prefer if there was even less unnecessary text, but that's just me). I haven't killed Kal'Ger myself yet, so the only mistake besides grammar that I could find was that there was a small change to the drops a while ago and the demon items are a bit more rare now, which brings me to the point that instead of including them in the guide, it might be best to link to the Wiki page for drops instead (or if you prefer having the image, then perhaps link the image to the Wiki page, as the links for items are clickable there, allowing people to find out more information about them if they need it). The drops on Wiki usually are the first thing to get an update after major updates to the game, so if there's another change to the drops then Wiki would be the best bet for finding the most up-to-date information about them.

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 07:12:34 am »
I didn't want to be like a certain someone who went on to write a novel on nex

Thanks for not doing that, it looks like a nice guide after a quick read-through, I only noticed a few mistakes with grammar (mostly unnecessary apostrophes after the word "its" and some capitalization mistakes), but other than that the guide seems mostly on point (personally I'd prefer if there was even less unnecessary text, but that's just me). I haven't killed Kal'Ger myself yet, so the only mistake besides grammar that I could find was that there was a small change to the drops a while ago and the demon items are a bit more rare now, which brings me to the point that instead of including them in the guide, it might be best to link to the Wiki page for drops instead (or if you prefer having the image, then perhaps link the image to the Wiki page, as the links for items are clickable there, allowing people to find out more information about them if they need it). The drops on Wiki usually are the first thing to get an update after major updates to the game, so if there's another change to the drops then Wiki would be the best bet for finding the most up-to-date information about them.
Criticism is always appreciated, I will try to reach out to someone to help me write the next one, thanks.
Pages: 1